New kits; 2023/24 Edition (bits and bobs from overseas)

1 hour ago, GiGi said:

Umbro stating they won't promote it says it all. Linfield probably chose the colour scheme with Umbro either not knowing or caring about what it represents.

Still they'll be happy to take the money I assume.

Will it sell well, though? I think it has the potential to become a top seller with supporters of Rangers, Chelsea and possibly other clubs buying it, too. So perhaps it's a calculated decision based on the club's concerns about the current financial situation.

3 hours ago, GiGi said:

Umbro stating they won't promote it says it all. Linfield probably chose the colour scheme with Umbro either not knowing or caring about what it represents.

simple thing for umbro to do would be to not supply it for general sale,no?words are cheap,of course

1 hour ago, Gerald Elbowdent said:

They really are an utterly vile little institution, right from the boardroom to the terraces.

I do fear that the link being brought to light may increase sales.

1 hour ago, Gerald Elbowdent said:

Hardly the same is it.

For all that it might be cringe "MUH HERRITAGE"ism  from Celtic, I'm pretty certain the Irish tricolour isn't the representative flag of a terrorist paramilitary group.

I don’t disagree with you 

15 hours ago, GiGi said:

Umbro gives clubs a lot of freedom to design their own kits, more than most other kit suppliers so this kit will purely have been Linfield's choice.

10 hours ago, Barry Ferguson's Hat said:

The Irish tri-colour is an inclusive flag, given that the orange is to represent Protestantism. 

Although certain sections tried to re-name the orange as gold.

I'm not sure people who like football kits would buy that Linfield one even without the sectarianism, though, the colours are godawful.  If you want a sash shirt, Peru/River Plate is the way to go.  (Or the Blues 140th anniversary shirt.)

1 minute ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

Blue and green... should only be seen on a painted topless lady. Think that's how it goes.

It's purple and green if that makes it any better.

For what it's worth I actually like it. As long as they don't do a full throwback and have the opposing half shorts.

Hummel Ayr United 20-21 Away Kit Released - Footy Headlines

1 hour ago, bluearmyfaction said:

There was a vogue for that in Argentina in the sixties.  Is that the shirt though or some sort of leisure product?

A series of leisurewear by Errea for their English customer teams, all based on their historic kits except for MK Dons due to obvious reasons.

englishgame_GRUPPO.jpg

Standard de Liege Standard Luik home kit.

EauBvDNXkAEh_gr?format=jpg&name=large

Edited by DutchBorderer