New kits; 2023/24 Edition (bits and bobs from overseas)

4 minutes ago, DutchBorderer said:

New cup kit for Australian A-League side Central Coast Mariners - isn't it saucy?

not compared to Bedale FC's follow-up to last year's sausage shirts - they've gone full-on mustard and ketchup on a hot-dog this year !

:lol:

img_6465.jpg

Biarritz Olympique - even the bloody french can make a more stylish effort at red and white hoops that some shambolic set-ups I could mention....
36865263_593452834389222_1434831084763217920_n.jpg&key=e1b2b874e08fc0d154979a2528c0a29e16688883e4b9debe8998c127bda38f90
really like both of them but knowing the french it will be ruined with half a dozen sponsors

4 hours ago, Herman Hessian said:

not compared to Bedale FC's follow-up to last year's sausage shirts - they've gone full-on mustard and ketchup on a hot-dog this year !

:lol:

img_6465.jpg

I have to say, Bedale is probably way behind the A-League teams. They'll be playing ketchup for years to come.

25 minutes ago, DutchBorderer said:

I have to say, Bedale is probably way behind the A-League teams. They'll be playing ketchup for years to come.

with financial backing from a company like Heck, they could soon be saying tartar to the lower reaches of non-league....

Vicenza - temporary shirts for fiendlies and coppa italia games; "proper" new shirts from macron yet to be unveiled...

4F5826C7-FA47-40AD-81FF-AE760543CD43-735

Bizzotto-e-Giacomelli-con-le-nuove-maglie.jpg

ETA - looks like these are their shirts for the forthcoming season - the Macron tie-up is as "technical sponsor" - no kit supply involved

Edited by Herman Hessian

On 29-7-2018 at 11:22, Herman Hessian said:

Vicenza - temporary shirts for fiendlies and coppa italia games; "proper" new shirts from macron yet to be unveiled...

Bizzotto-e-Giacomelli-con-le-nuove-maglie.jpg

ETA - looks like these are their shirts for the forthcoming season - the Macron tie-up is as "technical sponsor" - no kit supply involved

Talk me through this, why the knot rather than the regular crest? Made me check whether Vicenza were the latest in a long line of defunct clubs going phoenix with a slightly new name.

14 hours ago, DutchBorderer said:

Talk me through this, why the knot rather than the regular crest? Made me check whether Vicenza were the latest in a long line of defunct clubs going phoenix with a slightly new name.

well - that's pretty much the case - check the italian football thread for the whole Vicenza/Bassano Virtus tale, but in essence the former Vicenza club have ceased to exist and have been replaced by - wait for it - Lanerossi Vicenza Virtus. They've taken over BV's former registration, underwritten by Diesel boss Renzo Rosso, in the usual dubious manner.

as for the R - that goes back to a former ownership group - a long-standing clothiers, founded in the 19th century by one Francis Rossi (no - not that one); it's from the name Rossi (pretty obviously), which just happens to be one of the many incarnations of the italian word for red, hence the colouration; and "lane" means wool - hence the knot. Lanerossi basically bought Vicenza FC in the 1950's, and they adopted the initial as their badge (think AP Leamington in the 1970's for another ownership logo that became a club badge); the club have gone bankrupt and reformed three, now maybe four times since then, the Lanerossi ownership has lapsed, but they still use the initial as part of their "corporate ID" kinda thing - it has appeared sporadically over the years, generally when they are looking to hark back to better times (and for their centenary) - such as now.

The brand is owned and still used by the current incarnation (Gruppo Marzotto) of the parent company, but they have periodically given permission for the football club to use the name and logo (it doesn't appear to be a permanent arrangement, mind - hence the alternative badge - if Rosso's plans go tits up, expect it to be rescinded again). Also see also one of the interminable subbuteo threads, where it's mentioned that the kit catalogues from the 1970's list them as Lanerossi Vicenza. 

Edited by Herman Hessian

Club Leones Negros, of the Mexican Ascensio (their equivalent of the Championship, really). Makes you wonder why tricoloured strips hardly ever pop up in Europe; a few clubs wore them back in Victorian times (Bolton, for one), but nowadays I can only really note Willem II down as having stripes in three colours.

With this colour combo, it'd be an incredibly effective away shirt for most Scottish clubs.

DjdXvoEW0AAgcZB.jpg

1 hour ago, DutchBorderer said:

Club Leones Negros, of the Mexican Ascensio (their equivalent of the Championship, really). Makes you wonder why tricoloured strips hardly ever pop up in Europe; a few clubs wore them back in Victorian times (Bolton, for one), but nowadays I can only really note Willem II down as having stripes in three colours.

Carlisle Utd had this abomination from 95 to 97

Bk4dW2_CcAAoxIR.jpg