New kits; 2023/24 Edition (bits and bobs from overseas)

25 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Puma going with the “f**k it, that’ll do” approach.  Take the honeycomb effect they’ve used for a hundred teams this season, and put it in a vivid colour.

Milking the f**k out of a template seems to be Puma’s thing.

On 17/07/2020 at 11:42, DutchBorderer said:

Doncaster Rovers add grey to their strips for the first time ever;

EdHcabOXYAEaqCn?format=png&name=small

manage to maintain a modicum of respectability by retaining the general hoopiness on the back for the most part, though I think a white 'square' with red numbers would work far better

pleased to see it paired with red shorts (also with the grey detailing) - just needs to have red and white hooped socks too, now; a definite improvement on last season though

as ever - a sense of relief that they have managed another new kit without arsing up the Magnificent Hoops given some of the previous shit-shows which have been foisted on us...

image.png.4acd43148c997467b6cf26e5d130ee90.png

with shorts...

Medium

Edited by Herman Hessian

On 18/07/2020 at 14:55, GNU_Linux said:

Newtongrange Star doing it right

EdJDgT2XgAMt2xb?format=jpg&name=900x900
EdJDgT_WkAEQhLn?format=jpg&name=900x900

Those are cracking shirts. I think it’d look better with the graphic in the usual sponsor position but that’s just my preference. From a player/managers perspective though, there’s a potential flaw in the shirt being designed like that. Can you guess what it is??

On 18/07/2020 at 23:17, GNU_Linux said:

Camelon

Ec9oP8QWsAEYX8L?format=jpg&name=medium

This is a cracking shirt too. The Camelon boys best stay super-lean though, Kappa shirts are usually like cycling gear and pretty unforgiving.

On 19/07/2020 at 09:01, Mr. Alli said:

Never realised junior tops were so expensive. Dearie me. 

Usually about £25-£30 I think, but it comes as no surprise that shirts by Nike, Adidas, Kappa or any of the ‘big’ names cost a little more.

On 19/07/2020 at 13:52, Deanburn Dave said:

Economy of scale probably the biggest factor.

Correct, much smaller market. To put it in context though, lower league sides with Nike, Adidas, Kappa etc shirts are almost a bargain at £40. If you support a big club, you’ll be expected to shell out £70-£80 for the exact same shirt with your teams crest on it. Or upwards of £100 if you want a player-spec one. Fucking ludicrous.

Edited by 8MileBU