New kits; 2023/24 Edition (bits and bobs from overseas)

On 21/06/2019 at 19:35, DutchBorderer said:

I hate to be sticking the knife in, but you haven't seen diddy until you've seen Swindon Supermarine in 2017/2018, playing the mighty Bideford in the Southern Football League Division West (Step 8 of English fitba). Them and Eastleigh are hardly the only teams to have used the Tabit design in blue, but were the first two to come to mind. Just from memory, Wrexham and Scarborough AFC wore it in red, Hereford FC in yellow, and Hednesford Town in grey/lime.

Yes, the BLK tops were shockers, and I'm sure most fans won't care (I'm hardly 'in a state' myself beyond pointing the template), but slapping the crest on ye olde teamwear and calling it a day seems a bit disrespectful towards the club's standing. Replica shirts represent a growing market and a handy source of income (not to mention being the most visible part of a football club's identity), so it's a shame that whoever is in charge of the merch/kit at Saints isn't sitting up and paying attention.

image.thumb.png.a1f7ee5b47d4c7b2928ea2c4b60b4d71.png

Worth, as a final point, mentioning that St Johnstones training gear/coaching staff gear, has the new Macron logo on it.

Probably helps confirm the belief the strip was just a rushed decision and so we ended up with the easiest blue to make.

Should be "bespoke" if we continue with them next season.

8 hours ago, DutchBorderer said:

Not really a shirt, but sort of tangentially  related - one time Danish champions FC Nordsjaelland replace their perfectly fine crest with something that looks like it was ripped straight out of a Pro Evolution Soccer game.

image.png.3ed736b035abfd078f7449f282d662f7.png

I have an FC Nordsjaelland shirt, sky blue diadora one. That new badge is awful

15 hours ago, DutchBorderer said:

Lincoln City home 2019/2020, a mesh panel runs underneath the armpit, with a graphic of Lincoln's mascot imp set behind it;

image.thumb.png.2d69e656b1ffaa667665f0466e0152c6.pngimage.thumb.png.7204c2a0cebae51b6e1ca9c49615b698.png

Quite like that one. I live in The Hague so hoping ADO's new strip might be same template if they are still with Errea (was pretty dire last season).