New kits; 2023/24 Edition (bits and bobs from overseas)

5 hours ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Liking the away kit, but the white sleeves and collar on the home shirt..... oooooft.

Dons fans do not seem happy on Twitter. There's so little room for change in Aberdeen's kits it's mental.

It’s the same with literally loads of other teams though? 🤔

ETA: The boy modelling the away shirt looks like he’s carrying a fair bit of timber around the waistline.

Edited by 8MileBU

4 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

It’s the same with literally loads of other teams though? 🤔

Obviously I get what you mean, but it's not like Dundee are stuck with the same look every year. We've went all navy the last couple of seasons, this most recent season we went with a lighter shade. Our new home kit has white sleeves, and we have the ability to use a third colour to change things up. Most teams have options to change things up every so often, but Aberdeen kits have been so similar for so long it's like any minor change isn't acceptable.

That Aberdeen away shirt has one of the worst looking sponsor logos ever. Please tell me Aberdeen only had a sponsorless sample shirt, and Saltire demanded their logo on for the photoshoot - resulting in a quick-fix A4 print onto a piece of old T Shirt being sewn on quickly by Stevie Wonder.

Edited by pozbaird

7 hours ago, Andy_K_97 said:

Aberdeen home & away:

20200507_AFCKIT_279.jpg

20200507_AFCKIT_121.jpg

oh dear-could that home kit be anymore template?

would be a reasonable away effort if not totally ruined by the sponsors box

complete "cant be fucked"ness by adidas and whoever selected them at the club

2 hours ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Obviously I get what you mean, but it's not like Dundee are stuck with the same look every year. We've went all navy the last couple of seasons, this most recent season we went with a lighter shade. Our new home kit has white sleeves, and we have the ability to use a third colour to change things up. Most teams have options to change things up every so often, but Aberdeen kits have been so similar for so long it's like any minor change isn't acceptable.

That’s Adidas’ to blame though really. Be interesting to see/hear kit negotiations. I wonder if clubs even have much say with the big dogs like Adidas and Nike etc, or if it’s just a case of “We’ll make your kits for the next 5 years but you’ll take whatever tat we come up with”.

38 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

That’s Adidas’ to blame though really. Be interesting to see/hear kit negotiations. I wonder if clubs even have much say with the big dogs like Adidas and Nike etc, or if it’s just a case of “We’ll make your kits for the next 5 years but you’ll take whatever tat we come up with”.

Aberdeen + Adidas = beautiful.... unfortunately, just not these days.

4703E4B4-84AA-4B6C-98B2-F8BFED1D21D3.jpeg

9 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

That one is a beaut to be fair.

Yup. No shirt sponsor, no sleeve patches, no secondary sponsor on the back... probably no moisture-wicking techno-Xtech-fuckedy-fcuk breathable technology either. No under arm mesh panels... Nothing there was tailored to the exact specification of any cnut....Makes you wonder how Miller, McLeish, Leighton and Co managed to be so fcuking good while wearing that shit. Put a St Mirren badge on that exact kit, make it our 2020/21 away kit, and I might get a hard on. 😀

Edited by pozbaird

I always liked the Brazilian thing of "bordered" strips or hoops. Gremio always do cracking kits
River had a cracking away top like that too, which had red and white stripes but thin black borders on the stripes too. I had it when I lived down south for playing fives etc and got stopped by a crazy Argentinan who thought I was a fellow fan.

Think it was this one...
adidas-river-plate-1112-away-ss-jersey-v13454-s-whitered-kit-clothing-jerseys-soccer-sfalo-optcool-com_580.jpeg