New kits; 2023/24 Edition (bits and bobs from overseas)

1 minute ago, Todd_is_God said:

Old stock or not, this would be perfect for Accies. About time we had (almost) proper hoops again

I was talking about that exact template to my mates last week and said the same thing. In blue that's a classic Morton top.

14 hours ago, DutchBorderer said:

(I'm hardly 'in a state' myself 

image.thumb.png.a1f7ee5b47d4c7b2928ea2c4b60b4d71.png

Obviously not!  'Sticking the knife in' - FFS. Only you and apparently Jama are bothered. You would have had to go and lie down in a darkened room for a month a couple of seasons ago if you'd known Breadalbane Amateurs wore the same Joma strip as Saints. 😂

46 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

Is no bad IMG_20190622_100201.jpg

Since we're on the topic of getting old leftovers anyway......

https://club25football.wordpress.com/2018/02/06/mk-dons-2017-2018-home-shirt/

Same top down to the collar, Norwich and Blackpool had the same design in 16/17 and 18/19 with different collars.

Not sure how pointing out how poor it is to get someone else's leftovers for your new shirts is being bothered - I'm sure better patter can be brought against someone as neurotic about shirts as me.

Anyhow, much like Carlisle, QPR are also going for a Colgate fresh away shirt;

image.thumb.png.b2a38fcf5d7f3be4846a75b241ed941c.pngimage.thumb.png.7e300373ab571730c133aad3f4eb7370.png

Edited by DutchBorderer

Obviously not!  'Sticking the knife in' - FFS. Only you and apparently Jama are bothered. You would have had to go and lie down in a darkened room for a month a couple of seasons ago if you'd known Breadalbane Amateurs wore the same Joma strip as Saints. [emoji23]

“Bespoke” kits oneupmanship is fast becoming the new budget size chat, or away crowd bantz. Its a passive/aggressive way of exaggerating the success of the team we support. It’s almost all irrelevant. 95% of football kits are vile (although not usually as bad as those Dunfermline efforts), and almost none of them are anything more than tolerable.

In fairness to DutchBorderer, it’s his thing. He knows more about football kits than any one person has any right to know. I don’t think he’s making a value judgement on St Johnstone except to say they seem to be on a different contract than the other teams with Macron, and which RandomGuy has explained.

Now Dutchy’s tastes may edge towards the garish at times, but I don’t think he’s got an axe to grind.

Edit: people claiming to have “bespoke” kits when they patently don’t is weirdo behaviour of the highest order though. It really doesn’t matter at all.

22 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

“Bespoke” kits oneupmanship is fast becoming the new budget size chat, or away crowd bantz. Its a passive/aggressive way of exaggerating the success of the team we support. It’s almost all irrelevant. 95% of football kits are vile (although not usually as bad as those Dunfermline efforts), and almost none of them are anything more than tolerable.

In fairness to DutchBorderer, it’s his thing. He knows more about football kits than any one person has any right to know. I don’t think he’s making a value judgement on St Johnstone except to say they seem to be on a different contract than the other teams with Macron, and which RandomGuy has explained.

Now Dutchy’s tastes may edge towards the garish at times, but I don’t think he’s got an axe to grind.

Edit: people claiming to have “bespoke” kits when they patently don’t is weirdo behaviour of the highest order though. It really doesn’t matter at all.

Oh I know. It's ridiculous these days. Fair criticism is fine. Well all do it.  However OTT negativity aimed at demeaning a club for their choice of what is generally seen as a perfectly acceptable, current strip isn't. I've read his Eastleigh stuff in four different threads on different platforms and it's the same humiliate Saints approach rather than review the strip itself. I actually thought we'd moved on but the ridiculous digging out of Swindon Supermarine showed it hadn't. I now fully expect some pics from a Chipping Sodbury church league team to take the put down to another new level but hopefully we'll just move on this time.

I've no strong opinion about Saint Johnstone either way, just think the kit is naff. Would've had the same reaction if it was Celtic or Queen of the South or Albion Rovers or whomever that did it. Think we've dragged the issue (if you can even classify it as such) out for long enough now.

Crewe Alex, home and away. The purple/pink goalie kit hidden in the spoiler seems to be liked more by at least some of the fans than the gold away strip;

image.thumb.png.322f4439a0c39a62b6e7cd4587c88ec2.png

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.22bc482bb1979b48a01296a52581f935.png

6 hours ago, DutchBorderer said:

Since we're on the topic of getting old leftovers anyway......

https://club25football.wordpress.com/2018/02/06/mk-dons-2017-2018-home-shirt/

Same top down to the collar, Norwich and Blackpool had the same design in 16/17 and 18/19 with different collars.

Not sure how pointing out how poor it is to get someone else's leftovers for your new shirts is being bothered - I'm sure better patter can be brought against someone as neurotic about shirts as me.

Anyhow, much like Carlisle, QPR are also going for a Colgate fresh away shirt;

image.thumb.png.b2a38fcf5d7f3be4846a75b241ed941c.pngimage.thumb.png.7e300373ab571730c133aad3f4eb7370.png

I’ve seen some shite sponsor logos in my time, but that is one of the worst. The away shirt just looks like a bargain range golf polo shirt from fat Mike Ashley’s.