Abortion  

105 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

On 17/10/2018 at 15:52, JTS98 said:

A mate of mine from school and his missus decided they wanted to have a baby earlier this year, and she got pregnant a while ago. They've now discovered that she's pregnant with twins, and she doesn't want two so is seriously considering having them aborted.

I write this as someone who can see both sides of this debate, and who could, in perfectly imaginable circumstances, be willing to have a kid aborted myself.

But surely this cannot be ok.

• The woman got pregnant on purpose
  • She's now a bit put-out that there are two of them there
  • She wants to kill these two lives purely for her convenience

I don't see how this is an ethical win. I am also unsure why the modern mantra of 'it's a woman's right to choose' seems to carry so much currency. Especially in a situation like this. This couple got pregnant deliberately and now she may exercise her 'right to choose' in order to exterminate two human lives that are the product of her deliberate action, purely for her own convenience.

I don't like that.

She should have the twins but just keep the second one in a cupboard for spare parts.

Because of the excellent propaganda/brainwashing job done by 50 years of feminism, allied with political correctness keeping control of the narrative ('disagree and you're a women hater, oppressor'). Your friend's bird is a product of this.
Feminism is and always has been about relieving women of responsibilities while demanding more and more rights and privileges, while at the same time ensuring men's responsibilities are met/enforced (hello government) and the same rights and privileges are not shared.
The man I posted about above being given a 22 year sentence for attempted abortion is as clear an indication you'll need of this, and that there is in fact something ethically dubious about killing babies. Unless you're a woman, and then it's celebrated.
What does your mate think about his missus wanting to kill his babies?

There’s big efforts at the moment to stop abortions based on the gender of the baby, to be honest your story feels like a similar ethical decision.

8 hours ago, banana said:

Because of the excellent propaganda/brainwashing job done by 50 years of feminism, allied with political correctness keeping control of the narrative ('disagree and you're a women hater, oppressor'). Your friend's bird is a product of this.

Feminism is and always has been about relieving women of responsibilities while demanding more and more rights and privileges, while at the same time ensuring men's responsibilities are met/enforced (hello government) and the same rights and privileges are not shared.

The man I posted about above being given a 22 year sentence for attempted abortion is as clear an indication you'll need of this, and that there is in fact something ethically dubious about killing babies. Unless you're a woman, and then it's celebrated.

What does your mate think about his missus wanting to kill his babies?

First time he spoke to me about it, he was all 'it's up to her'.

Last night he was much more in favour of keeping them. I just told him he should tell his missus that.

11 minutes ago, JTS98 said:

I think about 14 now. They had a wee delay as it was 'twins, no, it's just one, no, it's twins'.

Someone should tell her she won't get any sleep for a while and her fanny will be wrecked with just the one. Might as well have twins and get it over with.

On 10/19/2018 at 18:30, JTS98 said:

First time he spoke to me about it, he was all 'it's up to her'.

Last night he was much more in favour of keeping them. I just told him he should tell his missus that.

He should be wary, there can be a very real psychological impact on someone who goes from pro-abortion, having an abortion, to anti-abortion, moreso after their first kid does eventually arrive. Regret, remorse, guilt, horror, what the f**k was I thinking and how did I get to that point?

For many myself included, there was nothing like seeing/holding my first for the first time, and him looking back, to start the quick flip of my thoughts and feelings on abortion from largely in favour ("cos wimminz choice, innit?") to largely opposed.

Then again, others seem unaffected. Baffling lack of empathy and damaging disconnect from our deepest genetic drives imo, but there we go.

Edited by banana

On 10/19/2018 at 14:22, Dons_1988 said:

There’s big efforts at the moment to stop abortions based on the gender of the baby, to be honest your story feels like a similar ethical decision.

I've a good friend who has published extensively on this topic, there are all sorts of triggers and knock-on effects.

What were you thinking as the similar ethical decision? Squaring a pro-abortion, but anti-sex-based (generally more baby girls killed) abortion circle?

• 4 weeks later...

While Ireland continues to go Next-Level 'Progressive' Orwell on terminology to describe killing babies...

re: Regulation of Termination of Pregnancy Bill...

A number of TDs want the wording of the Bill to be changed, with Solidarity–People Before Profit TD Bríd Smith saying not using the word ‘abortion’ is an “obfuscation and a deliberate ignoring what’s going on here”.

...and looks like the term 'pregnant woman' is transphobic as men can obviously get pregnant too...

Coppinger is among those to call for the term ‘pregnant person’ to be added to the Bill, saying the current wording is trans-exclusionary.

...there's some progress in Ohio as a 'heartbeat bill' takes another step forward.

So-called "heartbeat bills" ban abortions after a fetal heartbeat is detected, which generally occurs about six weeks into a pregnancy.

• 3 weeks later...