Abortion  

105 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, ThatBoyRonaldo said:

Was coming home from work on the train on Thursday night and when we stopped at Edinburgh Gateway there must have been about 5 separate people got off the train wearing Repeal sweatshirts. Didn't look like they knew each other, they just all got off separate parts of the train and started going up the escalator with bags etc towards the airport. Thought that was quietly inspiring to be honest, and the first point where I really believed they would do it. 

Then I was at a wedding on Saturday where the priest made a seething reference to it as part of the sermon :lol: Thought that was absolutely shocking really - imagine getting married and the priest feels the need to fulminate over abortion as part of the ceremony?

Imagine getting a priest to perform the ceremony in the first place. Deserve all they get. 

15 minutes ago, Gordon EF said:

Priest in 'being a bellend' shock.

They are just being consistent.  That’s why they just abuse boys so there’s no chance of a pregnancy that will need aborted.

Mini-Hitchens addresses some of the usual talking points and propaganda tactics in this debate from a few years back - redefine words, issue palatable words, dehumanize the target before killing it, human v person,sex education, contraception, brainwashing, ...

Once you stop bullshitting yourself / letting yourself be bullshitted, and fully realise and accept the fundamental facts - it's alive, it's human, it's a baby - the rationalisations turn to smoke, leaving in its place a horrifying truth of how we treat the most vulnerable.

Edited by banana

• 2 weeks later...

Doctor of 1200 abortions describes an abortion procedure at various weeks.

Once you have grasped something inside, squeeze on the clamp to set the jaws and pull hard–really hard. You feel something let go and out pops  a fully formed leg about six inches long. Reach in again and grasp whatever you can. Set the jaw and pull really hard once again and out pops an arm about the same length. Reach in again and again with that clamp and tear out the spine, intestines, heart and lungs.

The toughest part of a D&E abortion is extracting the baby’s head. The head of a baby that age is about the size of a large plum and is now free floating inside the uterine cavity.

You will know you have it right when you crush down on the clamp and see white gelatinous material coming through the cervix. That was the baby’s brains. You can then extract the skull pieces. Many times a little face will come out and stare back at you.

Congratulations! You have just successfully performed a second trimester Suction D&E abortion. You just affirmed her right to choose.

Ireland voted to legalise first trimester abortions, before the fetus's nervous system has developed sufficiently to be capable of consciousness or pain perception. Here's what a fetus looks like in the middle of the 1st trimester. About half an inch and half an ounce.

pregnancy-week-6-webbed-hands_4x3.jpg

Edited by welshbairn

5 hours ago, SweeperDee said:

You're twisted m9. 

Death by medieval ripping off body parts one at a time is indeed twisted and torturous, moreso when it's a baby.

9 hours ago, banana said:

Doctor of 1200 abortions describes an abortion procedure at various weeks.

That's the reason I'm not a fan of abortion, my wife told me all gory shit that happens.

I'll still never advise a female to have an abortion or keep a baby but I'm not convinced expectant mothers are actually told what happens during an abortion.

8 hours ago, ayrmad said:

That's the reason I'm not a fan of abortion, my wife told me all gory shit that happens.

I'll still never advise a female to have an abortion or keep a baby but I'm not convinced expectant mothers are actually told what happens during an abortion.

Um yes they are. You are told of the various options (although it does depend on how many weeks pregnant you are) and what they involve.

17 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Ireland voted to legalise first trimester abortions, before the fetus's nervous system has developed sufficiently to be capable of consciousness or pain perception. Here's what a fetus looks like in the middle of the 1st trimester.

pregnancy-week-6-webbed-hands_4x3.jpg

Glad to see even foetuses have fat rolls.

10 minutes ago, Honest Saints Fan said:

Um yes they are. You are told of the various options (although it does depend on how many weeks pregnant you are) and what they involve.

You'd think being told the child would be dismantled would cause more to change their mind, if they're actually told that legs and arms are being ripped off, as I said, I'm not convinced they're told that.

You'd think being told the child would be dismantled would cause more to change their mind, if they're actually told that legs and arms are being ripped off, as I said, I'm not convinced they're told that.
Perhaps thats because thats hyperbole from a youtube documentary posted on a football forum by a bigoted fuckwit whos sole reason for being involved in tbis thread is his genuine belief that women should be subjugated by men?

23 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

Most abortions before 9 weeks in the UK are medical ones done using a combination of pills. There is no ripping of arms and legs. 

26 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
47 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

Perhaps thats because thats hyperbole from a youtube documentary posted on a football forum by a bigoted fuckwit whos sole reason for being involved in tbis thread is his genuine belief that women should be subjugated by men?

My wife didn't do hyperbole when she was alive.

22 minutes ago, Honest Saints Fan said:

Most abortions before 9 weeks in the UK are medical ones done using a combination of pills. There is no ripping of arms and legs. 

Who cares what happens to most, thousands are dismembered, that's why I'll always be against it, my opinion won't matter as I can't get pregnant and I don't judge others who feel they need to do it.

Who cares what happens to most, thousands are dismembered, that's why I'll always be against it, my opinion won't matter as I can't get pregnant and I don't judge others who feel they need to do it.
Who cares what happens to most....

Righto. Fanny.