Going Through the Motions Fife v Fifth Best Stranraer

Seems the Methil boys are fairly buzzin' for this game!!
Lowest crowd of the season,KK?

It could be a record!!!
Doubt there's a rush for the Stranraer boys to fill the bus either!!!

To generate a bit of interest, I suggest both clubs agree to make the match one enormous game of 'Wembley'. With 20 outfield players competing as individuals and two keepers in one goal. A gentleman's agreement will exist where the club of the winning player will receive all 3 points.

To generate a bit of interest, I suggest both clubs agree to make the match one enormous game of 'Wembley'. With 20 outfield players competing as individuals and two keepers in one goal. A gentleman's agreement will exist where the club of the winning player will receive all 3 points.

Ahhh a good old game of "world cuppy" tremendous.

1 hour ago, Mon_The_Fife said:

I was more a fan of ‘2 man Wembley’, so long as your partner was pretty skilful. To mix it up we can play ‘cooler’ which was essentially headers and volleys.

I like the 2 man idea. Adds an element of tactics to it. Two skilfull players together or would we go with 1 skillful, 1 bruiser combos?

Or even the more controversial '2 cloggers' team.

I like the 2 man idea. Adds an element of tactics to it. Two skilfull players together or would we go with 1 skillful, 1 bruiser combos?
Or even the more controversial '2 cloggers' team.

It’s the luck of the draw. One player will turn their back and then we need someone responsible to number each player and for the players to remember their allocated number. The player who has turned his back will then pick 2 random numbers and then we have a team. I think it’s only fair that the player who has the job of picking the teams doesn’t turn around as speaking from experience players used to try and influence the teams by signalling their number to the team picker.

If we don’t have a winner, instead of penalties I think we should play 1 touch against the sea wall.

On 4/26/2018 at 11:34, Gordon EF said:

What's this "Wembley" pish? As Ammo rightly points out, those are the Rules of "World Cup"

20 minutes ago, Pesadilla said:

What's this "Wembley" pish? As Ammo rightly points out, those are the Rules of "World Cup"

World Cup is a much better name for it. Maybe Wembley's a Fife thing? It's one fo the few elements of language / speech where west coast seems to be superior.

14 hours ago, BlueSister said:

How about a gentleman's agreement that neither team fields a goalie...let's see if we can beat Ayr's season's goal tally...really spoil their parade!

I like it. Although if we're playing without goalies, it's only fair to move the goalposts closer together.

• If the majority of the ball rolls over a post, it's 'no goal'.
  • The ref's decision on whether the ball was 'head height' when it crosses the line is final.

1 minute ago, Gordon EF said:

World Cup is a much better name for it. Maybe Wembley's a Fife thing? It's one fo the few elements of language / speech where west coast seems to be superior.

I liked the name "Wan an Aff" myself. A bit more descriptive.

Team

Goodfellow,

Dunsmore, Allerdice, Page, Livingstone

Watson, Millar, Slattery, Thomson

Duggan, Knox

Subs:

McKenzie, Kane, Linton, Smith, Wilkie, Jones

IMG_3379.thumb.jpg.7dede456d7f858cd53ed5d30e2040ebc.jpg

Archived