The Champions vs Albion Rovers

Yeah, most likely. I’ve done my mourning Sunday-Thursday so my attention is on Wednesday now.
I just feel after attending those 35 games this season which has been so exhausting emotionally and seeing how much better than the rest we have been when we are at full strength, the thought of another season in this league depresses me to f**k. 
To get through these 4 play off games is going to be so tough, I just hope to Christ we can somehow pull it off. 

Lawrence Shankland is the reason we can pull it off. He’ll come back flying I would imagine.

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Lawrence Shankland is the reason we can pull it off. He’ll come back flying I would imagine.

I hope you’re right mate. 

Like everyone else, I got caught up in the “he’s a miss but look how we did before him this season and the goals, we’ll be fine” way of thinking. Problem is we forgot how to play without him and continued the same formation and style which is suited to him but doesn’t work in the slightest for Moore and Moffat.

He’s such a special player, he plays like someone of 28-30. The runs he makes, the way he holds up the ball, the way he holds off defenders, backs into them, turns them, his link up and of course his goal scoring. He does things you can’t really teach, his footballing brain is a cut above most in that league. I didn’t realise just how much we would miss him after that red.

No doubt he gives us a fighting chance but it’s the full back positions that have fucked us so often this season when Geggan and Boyle haven’t played, more specifically Boyle. He’s not perfect and has lost his pace but man do we miss him when he’s not there. 

21 minutes ago, Calayrdonia said:

Like everyone else, I got caught up in the “he’s a miss but look how we did before him this season and the goals, we’ll be fine” way of thinking. Problem is we forgot how to play without him and continued the same formation and style which is suited to him but doesn’t work in the slightest for Moore and Moffat.

He’s such a special player, he plays like someone of 28-30. The runs he makes, the way he holds up the ball, the way he holds off defenders, backs into them, turns them, his link up and of course his goal scoring. He does things you can’t really teach, his footballing brain is a cut above most in that league. I didn’t realise just how much we would miss him after that red.

No doubt he gives us a fighting chance but it’s the full back positions that have fucked us so often this season when Geggan and Boyle haven’t played, more specifically Boyle. He’s not perfect and has lost his pace but man do we miss him when he’s not there. 

The sad truth. When your defence falters because Boyle isn't in it then you've fucked up somewhere along the line.

Shankland genuinely has everything. A touch more pace and he would be frightening.

3 minutes ago, AUFC 1910 said:

It's a mindfuck of not wanting any more hurt combined with 'if' we won it would you want to miss it.

That's a great way to describe how I am feeling about this game.

21 minutes ago, AUFC 1910 said:

It's a mindfuck of not wanting any more hurt combined with 'if' we won it would you want to miss it.

There could be 2,500 there, with 1,500 waiting outside just in case.

I know what you mean. Just in the past half hour I’ve started getting butterflies again slightly and I hate it. There’s been enough suffering and I do know it’s over and I have finally made peace with it so why is this happening? Pissing me off. 

10 minutes ago, jimmy boo said:

Even if today doesn't end well there's still the playoffs. How hopeful are you guys of doing the business?

NOT

Archived