Queen's Park v Arbroath

Good travelling support badly let down, I got the impression we were playing to lose, tackles were weak, passes poor and we just hoofed it up the park. Only player to get pass marks was McKenna. Goal-keeper had a howler despite his penalty save. Play like this on Wednesday and there will be no need for the follow up game on the Saturday.

Hope I am proved wrong and that D.C. gives everyone of them a good kick up the ar**.

P.S. Gomes in the line up as I think the defence had no confidence in the keeper to-day.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agree that fringe players should have played if we weren’t going to put in the effort, But it will keep the fitness levels of the players up for going onto Wednesday game, don’t blame anyone not wanting to pick up injuries or bookings,  Us loosing today didn’t relegate Albion, Queens picked up more points over the season so Albion deserve to finish last, 

Dont no much about Dumbarton but there is nothing to fear, Start of season the target was playoffs so need to forget about today and get behind the team on Wednesday then hopefully a big traveling support goes down next Saturday 

On 25/04/2018 at 23:10, shawfield shed boy said:
On 25/04/2018 at 10:25, an86 said:
If results go our way, its quite possible that we could face the rape/race hate apologists from Cumbernauld in a playoff.

Payback for last play off game. We will beat you this time i have no doubt. You would be aswell finishing 10th if we get 4th. Enjoy the pain

Hiya pal x 

12 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

We should apologise to Albion Rovers for that today

Completely agree with this.

Talk of 'meaningless games' etc. is poor show, today was a huge day for both Queens Park and Albion Rovers. The next time we need another team to perform in a 'meaningless' game to help us, we don't have a leg to stand on when it comes to expecting any help.

I'm happy to quickly write this one off with two absolutely huge games coming up in the next week (and hopefully two more after that...) but it was shameful today in a way. It's massively disrespectful to the extremely good away support (200 or so) and disrespectful to Albion to produce that sort of sub standard performance where we clearly put in an absolute minimal amount of effort. If we were going to chuck the game, we could have at least played a few of our bench player and mixed it up a bit. Playing the majority of our first team and producing that is completely unacceptable, regardless of what the game meant for us.

Why the f**k should we be apologising to other teams in the league because we put in a crap performance at the end of the season never heard anything so ridiculous, the teams at the foot of the table are there on merit for their results through the season.

Completely agree with this.
Talk of 'meaningless games' etc. is poor show, today was a huge day for both Queens Park and Albion Rovers. The next time we need another team to perform in a 'meaningless' game to help us, we don't have a leg to stand on when it comes to expecting any help.
I'm happy to quickly write this one off with two absolutely huge games coming up in the next week (and hopefully two more after that...) but it was shameful today in a way. It's massively disrespectful to the extremely good away support (200 or so) and disrespectful to Albion to produce that sort of sub standard performance where we clearly put in an absolute minimal amount of effort. If we were going to chuck the game, we could have at least played a few of our bench player and mixed it up a bit. Playing the majority of our first team and producing that is completely unacceptable, regardless of what the game meant for us.

I'd say it was massively disrespectful to QP to suggest we won handsomely because Arbroath didn't turn up. Our guys were at it from the go, ran faster, tackled harder, passed better and jumped higher because we had to win. The better team won on the day, hands down. Three good goals and a missed penalty. Show a bit of grace in defeat.

10 minutes ago, keptie said:

Why the f**k should we be apologising to other teams in the league because we put in a crap performance at the end of the season never heard anything so ridiculous, the teams at the foot of the table are there on merit for their results through the season.

100% correct. Relegation for Rovers did not boil down to today's games- 3wins in 6 months tells it's own story.

Good luck to QP and Arbroath in the play offs.

Just now, Bring Your Own Socks said:

I'd say it was massively disrespectful to QP to suggest we won handsomely because Arbroath didn't turn up. Our guys were at it from the go, ran faster, tackled harder, passed better and jumped higher because we had to win. The better team won on the day, hands down. Three good goals and a missed penalty. Show a bit of grace in defeat.

No disrespect intended to Queen's at all; you were obviously on top from first minute to last, fired up right from the dressing room which showed with early goals in both halves and dominated all afternoon. You guys must be quite rightly delighted with that and you can now go into the play offs on the back of a win, knowing that if you perform like you you have a bloody good chance of staying up now. Regardless of our performance, it's clearly the best QP have shown against us all season by an absolute mile.

On 25/04/2018 at 23:10, shawfield shed boy said:
On 25/04/2018 at 10:25, an86 said:
If results go our way, its quite possible that we could face the rape/race hate apologists from Cumbernauld in a playoff.

Payback for last play off game. We will beat you this time i have no doubt. You would be aswell finishing 10th if we get 4th. Enjoy the pain

Roon ye, ya dick

2 hours ago, Vodka Vic said:

Well done Spiders hopefully this the springboard for the play offs.

1 hour ago, Aloysius Snuffleupagus said:

Well done Queens; you got there in the end. Hope you stay up!

Very gracious of both you gents, especially when you must be hurting like hell right now. Nothing personal, but trust you'll understand when I say that I hope we don't get to renew acquaintances in the league next season, in which case I sincerely hope you bounce straight back up as title winners (although I'm surprised that Clyde haven't started their new season "Champions favourites" thread for the umpteenth season).

3 minutes ago, The Spider said:

Very gracious of both you gents, especially when you must be hurting like hell right now. Nothing personal, but trust you'll understand when I say that I hope we don't get to renew acquaintances in the league next season, in which case I sincerely hope you bounce straight back up as title winners (although I'm surprised that Clyde haven't started their new season "Champions favourites" thread for the umpteenth season).

I'm well past the hurting stage, and actually a bit relieved it's over. 3 wins in six months is disgraceful at any level.

I suspect you will see us next year with Peterhead looming in your future, but you never know. Certainly, i see no reason why you can't beat Stenny, and worry about Peterhead from there... whilst saying a wee prayer for the Binos.

I’d be angrier with Arbroath if I was Rovers fan than if I was an Arbroath fan. Playoffs in the bag in your first season back is a remarkable achievement. Obviously it’s no fun being pumped by a not very good QP team, but a wee bit of perspective needed.

It’s almost human nature that you know you’ve got a bigger test coming up and you just physically and mentally can’t reach the level you normally would. In addition, you were playing a team who was absolutely scrapping and filled with adrenaline. Bit of a perfect storm. I’ve no doubt you’ll compete well in the playoffs and it’s far from impossible that you could win them.

Archived