Queen's Park v Arbroath

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, lichtie23 said:

Main priority is to come through this unscathed and have a fully fit squad for the playoffs.

Absolutely! Don't want your boys wasting their energy in a meaningless little fixture like this one. Hardly worth them turning up at all tbh.

Absolutely! Don't want your boys wasting their energy in a meaningless little fixture like this one. Hardly worth them turning up at all tbh.

Going by the 3 previous games this season QP are the worst team Iv seen in the league....by a long way. I feel we could field the fringe players and still win this comfortably

Going by the 3 previous games this season QP are the worst team Iv seen in the league....by a long way. I feel we could field the fringe players and still win this comfortably

The good thing is that apart from Hester and Skelly I don’t think we have any fringe players. Give McCord at least 45 minutes. We’ll need his class and guile in the playoffs.

We've barely had a kick of the ball against Arbroath. Against every other team, we've had good spells, been unlucky or had "the score flattered them" type scenarios. There's nothing logical to suggest we've got a good chance here. We've won one league game at Hampden this season and we're playing one of the better teams in the league. Thankfully, football isn't built on logic. Fingers crossed that we can finally get a wee stroke of luck on Saturday. For all we've not had a good season on the results front, we've had no breaks at all.

We've won one league game at Hampden this season

Seriously? That’s worse than our home form

No idea what I’d do if I was DC, real dilemma here, as you’d be gutted if one of the back 3 or Scotty Martin got injured. Have plenty of options elsewhere but they guys are so important for us.

Same team as last week probably, Tam O’Brien back into the team if he’s 100 percent to give him a wee run out before Wednesday.

Should really be looking to rest as many of our first team as possible for this match. Dont want to risk injuries or suspensions going into the playoffs.

Would go for a 3-5-2

Gomes (if fit)

Gold
Little
Hamilton

Kader
Whatley
McCord
Yule
Skelly

Hester
McIntosh

Give McCord, Hester and Skelly a full 90 minutes.

42 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Seriously? That’s worse than our home form

No idea what I’d do if I was DC, real dilemma here, as you’d be gutted if one of the back 3 or Scotty Martin got injured. Have plenty of options elsewhere but they guys are so important for us.

Same team as last week probably, Tam O’Brien back into the team if he’s 100 percent to give him a wee run out before Wednesday.

We've drawn a good few, but we'd be safe if our home record matched our away form. It's been a good number of months since I've gone to Hampden with any sort of confidence. Ultimately, the 2-2 draw with Albion Rovers after being 2-0 up with 90 seconds left looks like the game that probably will kill us. It always felt like it'd be that way. Forfar were 2-0 down at Ayr with 15 minutes left that day and won 3-2. Had a feeling of it just not being our season since that point. Can point to all sorts of games this season, but ultimately I think we're just a shade short of this level. Will be delighted if we somehow manage some sort of miracle scenario that will have to involve us winning a couple of games at Hampden. 

14 hours ago, an86 said:

We've drawn a good few, but we'd be safe if our home record matched our away form. It's been a good number of months since I've gone to Hampden with any sort of confidence. Ultimately, the 2-2 draw with Albion Rovers after being 2-0 up with 90 seconds left looks like the game that probably will kill us. It always felt like it'd be that way. Forfar were 2-0 down at Ayr with 15 minutes left that day and won 3-2. Had a feeling of it just not being our season since that point. Can point to all sorts of games this season, but ultimately I think we're just a shade short of this level. Will be delighted if we somehow manage some sort of miracle scenario that will have to involve us winning a couple of games at Hampden. 

It's the draws that have killed us, we've lost less games than Rovers and Forfar. If I can even compare  us to East Fife who have stayed up comfortably. I think we've lost as many games as them but they've only had 3 draws where as we've had 10 ( seven at home )  Too many daft mistakes at the back and too many sitters missed. Most weeks it's been nothing to do with luck tbh 

58 minutes ago, Mick1867 said:

It's the draws that have killed us, we've lost less games than Rovers and Forfar. If I can even compare  us to East Fife who have stayed up comfortably. I think we've lost as many games as them but they've only had 3 draws where as we've had 10 ( seven at home )  Too many daft mistakes at the back and too many sitters missed. Most weeks it's been nothing to do with luck tbh 

Aye, I’m not trying to pin it all on luck. We just haven’t had the hideous deflected goal or ricochet, or someone’s been on the line to clear etc. That’ll only win you a few points, right enough. Of course, it’s mainly been us blasting ourselves in the face with a shotgun, rather than shooting ourselves in the foot. If we go down, we’ll deserve to. The final results don’t lie about a season.

Hope is the only thing I think we can have on Saturday, rather than expectation, given our home form and the quality Arbroath have shown against us. Im sure the pre-prepared “Gus out” rants have already been penned anyway, but hopefully it’s not Saturday evening that we’ll have to endure the tedium of it all.

3 hours ago, an86 said:

, but hopefully it’s not Saturday evening that we’ll have to endure the tedium of it all.

Well you'll not be surprised that my plan is to get severely blootered after the game on Saturday no matter what happens so hopefully I'll not be tempted to log back on here until I've sobered up ( probably around July pre-season ) 

Best bunch of supporters that have been at our wee bowling club at Hawkhill here's hoping the boy Gault does the business for you, would love him at Somerset next year. No danger we'll beat Albion the rest is up to you.

see youse next year.

7 hours ago, an86 said:

If results go our way, its quite possible that we could face the rape/race hate apologists from Cumbernauld in a playoff.

Seriously Annie? You've lost it mate! At no stage have I ever seen those itinerants apologise for their despicable signing policy;). That aside, on current form they are certainly the side that 'Rovers or ourselves will be hoping to avoid.

Archived