West Premier Title Race

stumpy

With the title race starting to take shape who do people think will be the Champions? As a Beith fan I think we are in with a decent shout, however a month or so ago when we were 12 or so points behind the Buffs I thought our chances were gone, but a fighting draw at Pollok and 3 home wins on the bounce has put us right back in the mix. Mcbookie dont have much in it either in the betting with Talbot favs @11/8 Beith @7/4 and Buffs @ 5/2 .  A lot of football left to be played yet not 100% on the other teams final games but Beith have Girvan, Glenafton, Rob Roy & Arthurlie away and a home game against Girvan. 

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shaping up to be an exciting finish! When we left Kilwinning after losing 2-1 i would have said the league was theirs as Talbot lost that day too. Huge week for ourselves next week. Tough game at Glenafton followed by another one on the wednesday at Rob Roy, then Girvan away on the saturday which is always a hard game. 

Bookies ain’t giving much away surprise surprise. Real hard one to predict this year. Couple of months ago I had Buffs just about home and hosed but couple of defeats have set them back. I too had Beith just about written off after their winter slip ups similar to last season but they have rallied. Buffs v Talbot outcome clearly going to impact. Hard figure Talbot situ with Scottish Final to come and almost certainly games to play after Final where teams they have left to play could potentially have given up the ghost with little/no pressure of relegation. Despite the number of games they have to play I can see why they are again seen as favourites

Just now, TheAftonArmyBear said:

We have confidence to play for. You want to keep winning at all times, regardless of whether you can win the title or not, and even when safe fae relegation

hold you to that v Beith :) and of course us against Talbot and Buffs

1 hour ago, jimbaxters said:

Aww the pretty colours.

You'll enjoy this wee song which featured in some other charts jimbo.

Weird to think that while Dolly was parading around in her home made coat,far away in an Ayrshire village a young Dimps*was walking to school dressed as a Japanese admiral.Sadly,the Army & Navy stores closed around the same time as the pits.   :(

*If this disnae bring the big guy back......:lol:

Archived