Raith V Alloa The championship decider

• Replies 627
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The fans really need to back the team for this. None of the usual booing pish especially if the team aren't ahead at half time they need a good vocal backing just fight your inner urge to throw fucks into everything and start arguing amongst yourselves.

The fans really need to back the team for this. None of the usual booing pish especially if the team aren't ahead at half time they need a good vocal backing just fight your inner urge to throw fucks into everything and start arguing amongst yourselves.

Absolutely. Also, the bigger the crowd the better!

4 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

So, any thoughts on a line up for this?

I would imagine after the last two weeks the team almost picks itself apart from a possible debate over whether Herron or Hendry should get the nod beside Robertson.

Yeah, you imagine he won't tinker with it too much at all. Probably allows for him to pack the team with forwards if we're chasing a goal with 3 minutes to spare anyway.

Christ, it's only Tuesday and I've already gotten to the despair part of the grief cycle. 

2 hours ago, GhostZapper said:

Raith only won because Stranraer lay down? is that what you are claiming?

I am not saying Raith 'only' won because Stranraer lay down but I'm saying that it's a bit convenient that Raith who barely win away and I think have won 1 away game all season to a team in the top half of the league all season suddenly win 3-0. Don't tell me Stranraer tried to win or get anything from the game.

4 minutes ago, Number1IsJamieAdams said:

I am not saying Raith 'only' won because Stranraer lay down but I'm saying that it's a bit convenient that Raith who barely win away and I think have won 1 away game all season to a team in the top half of the league all season suddenly win 3-0. Don't tell me Stranraer tried to win or get anything from the game.

Team going for title wins 3-0 against team with nothing to play for. What a shocker eh? Must be some kind of conspiracy. 

Yup they did lie down to us. I was one of the 90 that went down. I overheard the half time dressing room team talk as I was heading for a piss. "Right lads, let's make sure it's certain that Raith win and give them one more goal. Need to do whatever we can to stop Ayr going up" don't quote me 100% on that but that's basically what I heard.

Hugely disingenuous to suggest Stranraer lay down to us. Our performance last Saturday says our best since East Fife in August. We had numerous standouts and we were clearly the better team on the day.

As for the midfield, I'd keep Henry with Robbo. He had a very solid game on Saturday and has a good mix of defensive and attacking ability. I'd keep the team exactly the same.

I think it goes back to what we were saying about how teams set up against us. No team enjoys setting up to defend for 90 mins and the fact that Stranrear had nothing to play for will have given them the freedom just to go out and play an open game with no real concern on the result. I'm sure if they were presented with a chance then they'd have taken it. Playing a bit more open would have allowed us to play a better style instead of the usual knocking on the door and trying to break deep defences down.

We've got to let the Ayr fans go through the 5 stages of grief though. We've had denial and I think we're on either anger or bargaining now. Depression next and then by Saturday 5pm acceptance will have set in.

1 hour ago, Oor Willis said:

Hugely disingenuous to suggest Stranraer lay down to us. Our performance last Saturday says our best since East Fife in August. We had numerous standouts and we were clearly the better team on the day.

As for the midfield, I'd keep Henry with Robbo. He had a very solid game on Saturday and has a good mix of defensive and attacking ability. I'd keep the team exactly the same.

Aye , and we were just mince , but we were trying (in all senses of the word ).

Archived