Raith V Alloa The championship decider

• Replies 627
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, GhostZapper said:

The club should be out in the community all week encouraging folk through the door on Saturday - free tickets to the schools a defo, create a massive buzz around the town - if we cant get 3,500 to 4,000 through the gate Saturday theres something seriously wrong.

free tickets to the Alloa Fans as a thank you for putting you lot back in control:whistle  ?  

6 hours ago, R.R.FC said:

Already nervous about this one. Like somebody said earlier, it would be peak Rovers to lose their first home game of the season on the last day to lose the title. 

Like the idea of having fans behind both goals as long as it doesn’t leave us with 2 half empty stands. It would only work if the crowd was 4000-5000. Pretty sure we had both ends open against Arbroath when we won the league and that crowd was around 4000. 

Can’t see it being anything other than extremely close and tense game where the players and fans will need to remain patient. I saw a stat earlier that showed we’d be on 60 points and 7 behind Ayr if games ended at half time. We don’t tend to be fast starters, although we have bucked that trend the last couple of weeks. Alloa are a very good side and Goodwin sounded sure he wanted to keep momentum into the play offs. Hopefully he still decides to rest a few on Saturday though.

Question for Alloa fans, I notice over the last 10 games you are actually 2 points better off than us. Do you think if you had your post January squad all season you would be challenging for the title?

We blew it  first quarter of the season , mibbe's aye mibbe's naw

1 hour ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Same goes for ourselves too though.

We’ve thrown away two 2-0 leads to lose 3-2, imploded whilst being ridiculously comfortable against EF x 2 and Albion and lost them, and somehow managed to drop points in a few more games too. Talking about 17 points dropped that really shouldn’t have been. Every team can say that though because that’s just football.

They certainly can. However, my point is that we had played our best team week to week rather than changing it so frequently then we'd almost certainly have been a good bit better off. 

If it's going to be interesting (by that I mean excruciating) on Saturday pretty much the 2 form teams in the league with a lot at stake. 

Alloa are no mugs, they've caused us plenty of issues in the past and Goodwin isn't going to take any shite.

I suggest if alloa field their strongest team available on saturday it will be a huge mistake. If ayr pip us at the post, then alloa will have two more games with us over the following week. The facts are this season we have drawn 2 both at recreation park and won one at starks park so we must be slight favourites for this match. Its very much in alloas benefit to rest players for the play offs, as i suspect ayr will also do.

I suggest if alloa field their strongest team available on saturday it will be a huge mistake. If ayr pip us at the post, then alloa will have two more games with us over the following week. The facts are this season we have drawn 2 both at recreation park and won one at starks park so we must be slight favourites for this match. Its very much in alloas benefit to rest players for the play offs, as i suspect ayr will also do.

What? :lol:

There’s not a hope in hell that Ayr will rest any players. If players are fit, they’ll play. They’ll know that anything can happen in our game against Alloa and will be ready to pounce on any slip-up that we may make.

17 minutes ago, Varna Rover said:

I suggest if alloa field their strongest team available on saturday it will be a huge mistake. If ayr pip us at the post, then alloa will have two more games with us over the following week. 

Alloa will finish fourth regardless of the results on Saturday. How then can they face us again next week when they'll be playing Dumbarton?

1 minute ago, Beachbum said:

Alloa will finish fourth regardless of the results on Saturday. How then can they face us again next week when they'll be playing Dumbarton?

Alloa can still finish 3rd depending on theirs and Arbroath's result.

as an Ayr fan the team that finish top deserve to win the league over the course of the season. Everyone has injuries and every team can point to periods where injuries have hampered them. 

I genuinely think we have the best footballing team in the league and we tore Raith apart the last time we played them and 3-0 flattered Raith a lot but credit to Raith they didn’t fold and have kept winning and kept winning and kept winning.

in terms of the play-off’s and the game against Alloa I thought Ayr dominated the second half and as good as Alloa were in the first half their goals game from 2 Ayr mistakes. 

Question for alloa is would they rather play Raith Rovers in the play-off’s or Ayr United with Lawrence Shankland playing and with a point to prove? 

Shankland has been head and shoulders above everyone in the division this season and it shows how 1 player can make a difference. 

Agreed Ayr are the better footballing side and are probably better placed to win the playoffs should they not win the league, having said that Ayr are also a very dirty side who probably should have seen Shankland suspended a few weeks ago.

Agreed Ayr are the better footballing side and are probably better placed to win the playoffs should they not win the league, having said that Ayr are also a very dirty side who probably should have seen Shankland suspended a few weeks ago.

You’re talking about an isolated incident and it’s not representative of our season.

We’ve not go to where we are by kicking teams off the park.

It’s all pretty irrelevant now though.

5 hours ago, CALDERON said:

Can't see Alloa resting anyone, there would be no greater boost going into the playoffs than spoiling a potential title party.

I thought we would have rested a few against Ayr so our lineup surprised me.For this game its a choice of trying for momentum against losing key players to possible injury or suspension.The problem is who do you rest.Ayr all season have banged on about their injuries but our back four was thrown together due to our injuries and has been responsible for more points and clean sheets than any other combination we have fielded.We can win on Saturday and still finish fourth so in effect its a nothing game for us with the playoffs just a few days later.I,m sure Goodwin will keep us all guessing for the rest of the week.

I thought we would have rested a few against Ayr so our lineup surprised me.For this game its a choice of trying for momentum against losing key players to possible injury or suspension.The problem is who do you rest.Ayr all season have banged on about their injuries but our back four was thrown together due to our injuries and has been responsible for more points and clean sheets than any other combination we have fielded.We can win on Saturday and still finish fourth so in effect its a nothing game for us with the playoffs just a few days later.I,m sure Goodwin will keep us all guessing for the rest of the week.

Got to remember that a desperate QP could beat Arbroath to stay up while we beat Albion.

That means a draw for yourselves puts you 3rd and fucking scenes in Ayr.

If only it was that simple though.

You what?

5 minutes ago, somerset_lad said:

Got to remember that a desperate QP could beat Arbroath to stay up while we beat Albion.

That means a draw for yourselves puts you 3rd and fucking scenes in Ayr.

If only it was that simple though.

Arbroath are a good side and will see off QP. I think we will play the side that played Ayr,i,m just not convinced its worth the risk.

Archived