Raith V Alloa The championship decider

IF we both go up (fk knows what’ll happen on Saturday), you’ll come straight back down whilst we settle in, back where we should be for another decade or so. And that’s the difference between the clubs, well, that and trophies, European adventures and upper league titles.

Not sure if anyone’s mentioned it but we also once had a half time lead away to Bayern.

Fucking hell did you really? Tell me more stories of you conquering Europe.

Did you know that last season we even managed to get a 2-2 draw with Dumbarton after having a man sent off. The stuff of dreams.

• Replies 627
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, somerset_lad said:

Did you know that last season we even managed to get a 2-2 draw with Dumbarton after having a man sent off. The stuff of dreams.

Last season eh? What banter that was. Stevo in goals vs Ayr in their only win against us. Then us going down to 10 men on the final day, only to end up relegating Ayr before being humiliated by Brechin. 

Last season eh? What banter that was. Stevo in goals vs Ayr in their only win against us. Then us going down to 10 men on the final day, only to end up relegating Ayr before being humiliated by Brechin. 

That was a truly embarrassing night for both teams tbh.

The fact that Raith couldn’t get a player signed and even then we could only put one shitey goal past him.
In fact he put in a better performance that night than any of our goalkeepers have this season.

Raith + Ayr = great entertainment

You’re not disputing my main point. Good lad.

I’ve learned to accept the second best team in Fife as our overlords.

Unless we go up on Saturday. Then you can GIRFUY.

Ooooh nice wee Pars jibe there [emoji1] At least we usually play in the same league as our rivals. Except when they spend money they don’t have.

I’ve said on another thread, I think we’ll both lose on Saturday, it’s been that sort of a fucked up season.

Wish I hadn't started all this "whose the better team " stuff now after all the nonsense it seems to have generated.  I think I did make the point that the league position at the end doesn't lie. If Raith finish top then they've been the better team over the season, regardless of head to heads. We've been easily the better team in the head to heads but obviously over the remaining 32 games Raith have been better than us by some margin. Likewise when comparing us with Alloa and Arbroath. 

Ooooh nice wee Pars jibe there [emoji1] At least we usually play in the same league as our rivals. Except when they spend money they don’t have.

I’ve said on another thread, I think we’ll both lose on Saturday, it’s been that sort of a fucked up season.

I’d rather you just went 3-0 up after 10 minutes than us both lose.

I don’t think another weekend where we blow it again.

Wish I hadn't started all this "whose the better team " stuff now after all the nonsense it seems to have generated.  I think I did make the point that the league position at the end doesn't lie. If Raith finish top then they've been the better team over the season, regardless of head to heads. We've been easily the better team in the head to heads but obviously over the remaining 32 games Raith have been better than us by some margin. Likewise when comparing us with Alloa and Arbroath. 

Can’t really argue with that tbh

I’d prefer that too, don’t think it’ll happen though.

Aye, that was a sare yin.

Said to a mate driving home from Alloa that I’d have preferred Raith just running away with it when they were 8 points clear in February.

It’s the hope that kills you.

52 minutes ago, Raithie said:

Random dreams about the football rarely happen to me....dreamt last night we were losing 3-0 at half time and Ayr were 3-2 up. Woke up so not sure how it panned out.

Bodge stormed in to the dressing room to deliver an inspirational speech to the boys that resulted in us winning 7-3

1 hour ago, roverthemoon said:

When Matt Elder tweeted this the first response was some guy asking ‘anything about the Flyers?’ Haha

Aye imagine asking the sports editor of the FFP press about a sports teams in Kirkcaldy eh.....what's the world coming to!

1 hour ago, Raithie said:

Random dreams about the football rarely happen to me....dreamt last night we were losing 3-0 at half time and Ayr were 3-2 up. Woke up so not sure how it panned out.

4-3 to Albion hopefully.

Archived