Livi v ICT

What a lot of nonsense from the Pars fans on here tonight! Livi have one of the smallest squads in the league and have huge games coming up. We rotated tonight and had the best chances in the game and narrowly lost to a cracking long range goal. All of the players that played tonight have played this season - it’s not like we threw loads of kids in or anything. 

You have a whole week off next week. Would have made more sense to ‘rest’ players against opponents you’re likely to meet in the playoffs on Saturday. Given United will rest players, you’re basically planning on giving the United management team an extra 90 minutes to assess your weaknesses.

In your position, I’m not sure I would be wanting my manager to rest players tonight, and play the first team at the weekend. It seems a rather bizarre plan, no?

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Outstanding strike from Polworth. Picked up a loose ball about 25 yards from goal and smashes a low drive into the bottom corner of the net. Only real piece of quality in the game.

Livi didn't give a f**k and we weren't up to much either.

18 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

You have a whole week off next week. Would have made more sense to ‘rest’ players against opponents you’re likely to meet in the playoffs on Saturday. Given United will rest players, you’re basically planning on giving the United management team an extra 90 minutes to assess your weaknesses.

In your position, I’m not sure I would be wanting my manager to rest players tonight, and play the first team at the weekend. It seems a rather bizarre plan, no?

I expect us to go with a similar team on Sat. As I said, we have a small squad, many of whom have been flogged this past two seasons and desperately needed a rest. We have two important players who are getting on a bit (Alexander and Miller) and it makes no sense to risk injuries to them in such games.

that team tonight included players who haven’t played much for us this season but have played for their parent clubs in a higher league this season. It was a good side at champ level and deserved something from the game they narrowly lost to a form team.

Gathering more evidence by the minute. I'll be quoting this at the hearing. 

I'll happily provide you with an affidavit to this effect.

I am sure even the Livingston fans can understand why the Dunfermline fans are livid. Fair enough if neither side had anything to play for but I've never heard of anything like this before in Scottish football.

I remember Wolves fielded a weakened team in a midweek tie at Old Trafford to rest players before a seemingly winnable tie at the weekend. They received a hefty fine.

Will be keeping an eye out for a strongly worded statement out of East End Park tomorrow.

Hope ICT do get in the playoffs, I'd be much more confident against a team scraping a 1-0 against us with Maley in goals, Jordan Thompson (somehow) getting 90 minutes and a CM up front than I would be against the pars or United.

We made 8 changes from Saturday but it didnt show for the first 20 minutes as we played some of the best football I have seen this season. It then became a case of not getting injured and seeing the game out.

ICT did look threatening at times and Coll Donaldson (diving git he is) played a blinder but I am sure most would agree a draw would have been a fair result, not that we are too fussed anyway.

Here's hoping ICT make the playoffs and we avoid defeat on Saturday to extend our run of not losing back-to-back games.

Also, fair play to the ICT fans making their way down tonight. That is what it is all about, rather than watching the 'big' games on the telly!

8 minutes ago, RiG said:

Outstanding strike from Polworth. Picked up a loose ball about 25 yards from goal and smashes a low drive into the bottom corner of the net. Only real piece of quality in the game.

Livi didn't give a f**k and we weren't up to much either.

We started the game with three first team players and, after an seventy minutes, upped that to five. That being said most of the other guys have made appearances throughout the season with the exception of Gary Maley in goal.

It was an embarrassment for us to be playing him in goal but surely not as much as the team that only managed to put one goal past him. Please tell me this wasn't Inverness Thistle's strongest side?

Missed it tonight due to work but it sounds like I didn’t miss anything exciting. Sounds like the Caley goal was a belter, but I’m reading that we should’ve possibly had a penalty - anyone able to clarify?

End of the day, we’ve rested some of the players who have been going hell for leather to get us second - the mere fact Gary Maley got a run out alongside the maestro Jordan Thomson is reflective of our attitude towards that game tonight.

3 minutes ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

I am sure even the Livingston fans can understand why the Dunfermline fans are livid. Fair enough if neither side had anything to play for but I've never heard of anything like this before in Scottish football.

I remember Wolves fielded a weakened team in a midweek tie at Old Trafford to rest players before a seemingly winnable tie at the weekend. They received a hefty fine.

Will be keeping an eye out for a strongly worded statement out of East End Park tomorrow.

All bar one player have been regulars on the bench

That being said for ICT to still present a threat to Dunfermline is ideal from our point of view; meaning they need to play a stronger side for their final game of the season. Also Dundee united probably will need to do the same or run the risk of dropping a place.

6 minutes ago, A Livi Fan said:

Hope ICT do get in the playoffs, I'd be much more confident against a team scraping a 1-0 against us with Maley in goals, Jordan Thompson (somehow) getting 90 minutes and a CM up front than I would be against the pars or United.

We made 8 changes from Saturday but it didnt show for the first 20 minutes as we played some of the best football I have seen this season. It then became a case of not getting injured and seeing the game out.

ICT did look threatening at times and Coll Donaldson (diving git he is) played a blinder but I am sure most would agree a draw would have been a fair result, not that we are too fussed anyway.

Here's hoping ICT make the playoffs and we avoid defeat on Saturday to extend our run of not losing back-to-back games.

Also, fair play to the ICT fans making their way down tonight. That is what it is all about, rather than watching the 'big' games on the telly!

I was astounded how Thompson stayed on the pitch and others were substituted. The guy has never impressed me; constantly gave the ball away  and seemed more interested in playing the ball across the field than any form of attacking action.

Also couldn't really understand taking Mullin off for Cadden.

Good run out for the fringe players, Hardie had to put in a shift on his own up front though, but he came through it unscathed so that's the main thing. There wasn't the same edge to our play up front when we got in on goals, Mullin prob should've had us ahead in the first half and a draw would've been a fair result, but it was a cracking goal and some strike. Our goal threat from set pieces was missing with Lithgow in the stands and Halkett & Miller on the bench. The result didn't matter to us but still felt shite losing, roll on the play offs.

1 minute ago, Durnford said:

All bar one player have been regulars on the bench

That being said for ICT top still present a threat to Dunfermline is ideal from our point of view; meaning they need to play a stronger side for their final game of the season. Also Dundee united probably will need to do the same or run the risk of dropping a place.

Interesting.

From a United point of view I hope the powers that be decide before Saturday whether it will be just a fine or a points deduction so we know whether a win will secure 2nd place. 

We don't need this rumbling on longer than necessary.

10 minutes ago, A Livi Fan said:

Hope ICT do get in the playoffs,

I don't; A trip on a wet Monday night to Fife is bad enough but three hours on the A9 is taking the piss.

Anyway I want another shot at Dunfermline; we haven't exactly shone in most of the games this year; another chance to set the record straight would be appreciated.

1 hour ago, Whitburn Vale said:

This is like a pre season friendly!!

You can see Caley have more to play for,fair enough but disappointed so far with our 2nd half showing.

It's a pre play offs friendly, and like all our pre season games we lost, so we'll skoosh the play offs.:lol:

Archived