Livi v ICT

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

All the hard work was done over 34 games, we’ve earned the right to rest some players for the last couple of games. 

That being said Buchanan, McMillan, Thomson, Frizzell, Mullin aren’t exactly fringe players, they’ve all played their part over the season, Maley the only one for me who’s not good enough for this division, it’s not like we played a bunch of kids.  

A draw would’ve actually been the right result tonight but it just didn’t fall for us. 

49 minutes ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

Interesting.

From a United point of view I hope the powers that be decide before Saturday whether it will be just a fine or a points deduction so we know whether a win will secure 2nd place. 

We don't need this rumbling on longer than necessary.

Knock yourself out however since 2011, teams have been allowed to field any combination of their 25 man "match day" squad without fear of reprisals from the League. Previously to that, teams were fined (relatively) small amounts for infringements. Teams can in theory still be punished if they field weakened teams with players from outside their 25 man match day squad.

Our problem is we only have 21 players in our squad; including two loan players but excluding five youngsters out on loan.

Dunfermline fans need to get a grip. Use shouldn’t be needing favours of a small club like Livingston with the budget you have. Do the job yourself and you have nothing to worry about. We have earned the right to rest players and do what we want.

Livi have done enough for Dunfermline this season. If it wasn't for the 10 points we've given them they would be nowhere near the play offs.

Honestly! That's gratitude for you from the Pars.  :rolleyes:

Knock yourself out however since 2011, teams have been allowed to field any combination of their 25 man "match day" squad without fear of reprisals from the League. Previously to that, teams were fined (relatively) small amounts for infringements. Teams can in theory still be punished if they field weakened teams with players from outside their 25 man match day squad.
Our problem is we only have 21 players in our squad; including two loan players but excluding five youngsters out on loan.

Heard from a VERY reliable source that some Livi players even had lead slates in their boots to slow them down tonight.

Abhorrent behaviour.

48 minutes ago, PB1994 said:

Good to see that the Dunfermline fans aren’t worried about Saturday...

Another box ticked for Hoppy getting MoTY if you ask me, he's sacrificed points for the greater good of others still having something to play for in the last league game, what a guy.:wub:

It’s a case of just keep winning for us really, and pray that Dumbarton can actually learn how to play football by Saturday.

Warren and our player of the season Vigurs were missing again tonight. I suspect if Vigurs hadn’t kept getting himself stupidly suspended this season then we might actually already be in the play-offs.

Having said that, I feel very dirty that my team has come away with a win against Livingston’s reserve side. If we do make the playoffs, I think it would be an absolute embarrassment that we got there, helped by being awarded a win by the corrupt outfit that is Livingston Football Club. Shambles of a football club that will probably change their name again to deflect from bad publicity. I feel for the Pars fans in this situation.
The only thing you should be embarrassed about is your team only managing to put one goal past Gary Maley.

Also, don't let the protestations of the Pars fans get your hopes up. Your playoff spot chances were gone before anyone kicked a ball last night. If Dunfermline can't take the one point they need from a home game against Dumbarton, the shame will be theirs exclusively.

I should be staggered that people are taking Jimmy seriously in 2018 but I think he'll keep reeling them in for years to come.

I honestly can’t believe how many Livi fans are taking this so seriously. For me, it’s been an obvious wind-up.

I can’t imagine the kind of reaction we’d get from their 10 fans, if Chris Sutton had his say on their team selection/result last night.

10 hours ago, Durnford said:

It was an embarrassment for us to be playing him in goal but surely not as much as the team that only managed to put one goal past him. Please tell me this wasn't Inverness Thistle's strongest side?

Nope we were missing a few first teamers. Also worth remembering that this was something like our 8th game in the last four weeks so a lot of players are going to be getting pretty fatigued at this point.

7 hours ago, smpar said:

Heard from a VERY reliable source that some Livi players even had lead slates in their boots to slow them down tonight.

Abhorrent behaviour.

We did an entire season once when the team used to meet up in Tony Macaroni's before each of the games - didn't sound like the ideal pre-match preparation. Least-ways last night they met in Nado's and Maley is reported to have had a salad (although the last part may have been a total fabrication)

Well done to our Inverness brothers on the victory tonight, now go and finish the job and secure the play-offs you deserve. So proud of our team throughout the season but none more so than tonight by lying down. This team tonight has cemented a place in my heart forever.

Didn't see much from ICT to make me think that we would struggle to easily beat them in the playoffs, as such a tactical masterclass by Hoppy to give them a shot at it

Still yet to see this rejuvenated Coll Donaldson, still looks like the bang average defender we had when he was here. Struggles to deal with any pressure at the back and just hoofs it away when his fancy stepovers don't work. Poor mans Alan Lithgow 3/10

8 hours ago, AMC13 said:

Well done to our Inverness brothers on the victory tonight, now go and finish the job and secure the play-offs you deserve. So proud of our team throughout the season but none more so than tonight by lying down. This team tonight has cemented a place in my heart forever.

Thank you brother.

19 hours ago, AMC13 said:

#FranchisesForever

Archived