Pars v Sons

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some very honest and appreciative comments from John Robertson post match today saying that goal last week was the difference, noting the delivery and finish of Clark's goal.

I didn't think much of Robertson but he's honest at least.

Some very honest and appreciative comments from John Robertson post match today saying that goal last week was the difference, noting the delivery and finish of Clark's goal.

I didn't think much of Robertson but he's honest at least.

Remember being at an event before (maybe the Dick & Bert one at Carnegie Hall?). Robertson was there as a guest and came across very well, spoke very highly of our club. Seems like a genuinely decent guy.

Last 2 weeks he has been very complimentary of us in his interviews. I’m sure he’ll be hurting, but he’s shown a great deal of class, with the way he has handled these interviews.

6 hours ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:
7 hours ago, Jumbo Muir said:

You mention players playing for starting slots, contracts and personal pride...... You surely mean DAFC players because sure as f**k that doesn't apply to any of our mob recently. Tools have been well and truly downed since our jaunt to Perth ( minus the one wee blip against DUFC )and we are leaking goals at a hell of a rate. Relax and enjoy watching your team play out one of their easiest wins of the season.

To be honest I get the feeling that the biggest battle ahead for DFC lies off the pitch.

Never a truer word said.

Robbo’s the boy tbf.  Always gives credit where it’s warranted and Dunfermline deserve a lot for the run they put together. 

St Mirren fans have a weird hard on for him for some reason. Probably for him having the audacity to question if the ref was on one when they beat us last year.  He had a shocker in Robbo’s defence.

An absolute canter doesn't do yesterday justice. Some lovely goals, with Higgy and Aird both running riot. Think it's clear AJ told them to take it easy second half and make sure there were no injuries/suspensions ahead of the big United game on Tuesday.

Highlight was definitely Williamson's celebration. First goal for the club and played every minute of every league game. Considering where he was - depressed and wanting to pack in football - that's a fantastic turnaround. What a guy.

I think Dumbarton had one shot in the whole game, which strangely came almost immediately after going down to 10 men. Hard to make a judgement when it was a meaningless game for them and had a man sent off 10 minutes in but I think Arbroath will fancy their chances.

Absolute stick of sending off not sure if Dumbarton watch that back why they would bother appealing it the Dumbarton player takes Ryan right out the game not far out the 18 yard box with no covering players

No way the Red Card will be rescinded. The only reason it will appealed is so Barr is suspended for the second leg instead of the first.

That’s unless the panel are under the impression that Aidan Wilson is abnormally rapid which I doubt they are.

Archived