Pars v Sons

6 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

These are some of the most miserable pre-match posts ever witnessed. Just occasionally the smaller team can do okay in these circumstances as there’s no pressure and no obligation to play a certain way to entertain. The manager can just try and set the team up to frustrate the home team and wait for a mistake. 

We scraped a 2-2 in this fixture not that long ago.

There is more chance of ELVIS ,LORD LUCAN and SHERGAR turning up AS WE HAVE HAVE OF RETURNING TO THAT SORT OF FORM.

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, lorenzo71 said:

There is more chance of ELVIS ,LORD LUCAN and SHERGAR turning up AS WE HAVE HAVE OF RETURNING TO THAT SORT OF FORM.

I’m just not having that. Think it will be a tight game. Dumbarton can just sit deep and make sure there’s no space for Aird, Cardle etc to exploit. At least we now have a threat from corners etc with big Ashcroft and his acrobatic volleys. 

1 minute ago, Shandon Par said:

I’m just not having that. Think it will be a tight game. Dumbarton can just sit deep and make sure there’s no space for Aird, Cardle etc to exploit. At least we now have a threat from corners etc with big Ashcroft and his acrobatic volleys. 

I don't mean to be a total pessimist, but our back four will likely consist of a guy who is never a right-back, a centre-back who looks petrified anytime someone (or something) comes near him and has more bookings than appearances, and a winger converted to a RB playing at LB.

Unless you guys totally bottle it, it'll be a case of how many you fancy today.

No really, we are absolutely attrocious and shipping goals for fun.

The 2-2 was the only point of the season where we put a run of form together which concluded with us beating St Mirren away.

It would however be just like us to go out and turn in a great performance today (when it doesn't remotely matter) and follow it up with an epic minter of a performance in the playoffs during the week.

A big, big afternoon awaits at EEP...

in reality, we should get the point we need to secure our place in the top 4. However, that isn't as straightforward as it looks. 

Dumbarton are going to try get a win before heading into the playoffs; players are playing for starting slots; they're also playing for contracts as well as personal pride. 

We need to be right on top of our game or we can slip-up. Look at the previous encounter at EEP for evidence; we got a last minute equaliser that afternoon which looks so crucial now in the grand scheme of things. 

I wouldn't change the starting eleven from last weekend. If Beadling is fit again, I can see Wedderburn dropping out of the squad. 

I'm hopeful but also apprehensive. I am going for a 3-1 win for the Pars. It'd be great to see McManus get back on the score sheet so hopefully his confidence can be boosted heading into the playoffs, assuming we get there. 

COYP! :thumsup2

47 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

You are bang on.We will keep it tight as a badgers arse  for the first 80 seconds.Thats the time it will take for you to win a corner, Big Lee Ash to saunter up the park ,bundle our defence out of the way while shouting 'MA BAW' and bullet a header past our stand in keeper who only recently auditioned for the TELETUBBIES remake.

You are bang on.We will keep it tight as a badgers arse  for the first 80 seconds.Thats the time it will take for you to win a corner, Big Lee Ash to saunter up the park ,bundle our defence out of the way while shouting 'MA BAW' and bullet a header past our stand in keeper who only recently auditioned for the TELETUBBIES remake.

Nah. Volleys are his speciality now (just ask Livi and Brechin). Headers are for Jock M’Voto to deal with.

A big, big afternoon awaits at EEP...

in reality, we should get the point we need to secure our place in the top 4. However, that isn't as straightforward as it looks. 

Dumbarton are going to try get a win before heading into the playoffs; players are playing for starting slots; they're also playing for contracts as well as personal pride. 

We need to be right on top of our game or we can slip-up. Look at the previous encounter at EEP for evidence; we got a last minute equaliser that afternoon which looks so crucial now in the grand scheme of things. 

I wouldn't change the starting eleven from last weekend. If Beadling is fit again, I can see Wedderburn dropping out of the squad. 

I'm hopeful but also apprehensive. I am going for a 3-1 win for the Pars. It'd be great to see McManus get back on the score sheet so hopefully his confidence can be boosted heading into the playoffs, assuming we get there. 

COYP! :thumsup2

You mention players playing for starting slots, contracts and personal pride...... You surely mean DAFC players because sure as f**k that doesn't apply to any of our mob recently. Tools have been well and truly downed since our jaunt to Perth ( minus the one wee blip against DUFC )and we are leaking goals at a hell of a rate. Relax and enjoy watching your team play out one of their easiest wins of the season.

You mention players playing for starting slots, contracts and personal pride...... You surely mean DAFC players because sure as f**k that doesn't apply to any of our mob recently. Tools have been well and truly downed since our jaunt to Perth ( minus the one wee blip against DUFC )and we are leaking goals at a hell of a rate. Relax and enjoy watching your team play out one of their easiest wins of the season.
To be honest I get the feeling that the biggest battle ahead for DFC lies off the pitch.

3 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

Perhaps Jock can score from the bench with a header? Not sure it's legal but who would argue with him?

Monsieur le ref. When you say “disallowed”, I think you mean to say “Good goal Monsieur M’Voto Sir”.

0A0C0256-155C-40C8-B415-402923944374.jpeg

A skirmish will break out on the pitch resulting in 4 players from each side sent off.

A pitch invasion of around 12,000 fans will then ensue giving the ref no option other than to abandon the match.

Both teams will be deducted 3 points - Inverness  will then qualify for the play offs and subsequently win their way back into the Premiership where they so clearly belong.

4 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

A skirmish will break out on the pitch resulting in 4 players from each side sent off.

A pitch invasion of around 12,000 fans will then ensue giving the ref no option other than to abandon the match.

Both teams will be deducted 3 points - Inverness  will then qualify for the play offs and subsequently win their way back into the Premiership where they so clearly belong.

Congrats on the win at Morton. Is that a record league score for ICT? 

7 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

How much of that is first choice?

Depends if you classify garbage but picked as first choice.

In an ideal world Mango, Carsy, Burt, Stirling and (maybe) Hutton would be starters. The rest wouldn't. 

Archived