Pars v Sons

There will be a horrible atmosphere at EEP on Saturday if Dumbarton take the lead. There's no sensible reason we should lose but I think all Pars fans will have that nagging feeling that it's going to be another Airdrie moment.

Only needing a point...club marking a significant anniversary...DAFC website posting play-off dates before we're confirmed as being involved in them :unsure2:

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All the pressure on you guys, none on us other than to do what we've been doing for the last few weeks, you just have to see which Dumbarton turns up.

Keep looking over you shoulders, we are closing in.

2 hours ago, CityDave said:

All the pressure on you guys, none on us other than to do what we've been doing for the last few weeks, you just have to see which Dumbarton turns up.

Keep looking over you shoulders, we are closing in.

All the pressure was on you in the last 5 minutes last Saturday and you had the breaking strain of a soggy digestive. 

If we're losing you'll throw it away, nae worries. 

Whoever we can rest should be rested. If that means Gallagher at right back and Nesbit up top then so be it.

I reckon if we see the likes of Froxy ans Stewart being drafted in this week then it means they aren't considered starters in the playoffs. With C.Gallagher's recent scoring form you could argue he deserves to start up front in the playoffs. Stewart strikes me as the type of guy who needs a run of games and he simply hasn't had it.

Dumbarton - An apology

It has come to my attention that some of my posts have recently suggested that I hold Dumbarton FC in contempt. My post of “get it right up you, lost the biggest game in your history, enjoy your journey home you Rock shagging b*****ds” in the challenge cup final thread and my recent tweet of “Liquidiate Dumbarton now, the pitch watering cheating tinks” may have inadvertently given the impression that I hold Dumbarton FC in low regard.

I am now happy to clarify that Dumbarton are my favourite team in Scottish football, their fans are unambiguously the most insightful and prescient on this website and that Cypriot player is clearly the leading footballer in this country. I am glad to set the record straight, unless you lose this game in which case you can all f**k off.

47 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Dumbarton - An apology

It has come to my attention that some of my posts have recently suggested that I hold Dumbarton FC in contempt. My post of “get it right up you, lost the biggest game in your history, enjoy your journey home you Rock shagging b*****ds” in the challenge cup final thread and my recent tweet of “Liquidiate Dumbarton now, the pitch watering cheating tinks” may have inadvertently given the impression that I hold Dumbarton FC in low regard.

I am now happy to clarify that Dumbarton are my favourite team in Scottish football, their fans are unambiguously the most insightful and prescient on this website and that Cypriot player is clearly the leading footballer in this country. I am glad to set the record straight, unless you lose this game in which case you can all f**k off.

58abd64862956_tmp_16527-blessedbastards!450038032.jpg.961da9c920e62753a25cd290f4a7f645.jpg

Bloody hell you pars fans are a worried lot. Have you seen us play lately? Plus you have Nicky Clark. That's a 2-0 lead straight away

I know just about every supporter in the world can say this, but I’ve been a Pars fan long enough to know that this is far from a routine victory.

3 hours ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Whoever we can rest should be rested. If that means Gallagher at right back and Nesbit up top then so be it.

I reckon if we see the likes of Froxy ans Stewart being drafted in this week then it means they aren't considered starters in the playoffs. With C.Gallagher's recent scoring form you could argue he deserves to start up front in the playoffs. Stewart strikes me as the type of guy who needs a run of games and he simply hasn't had it.

This is my nagging fear as well. Effectively backed ourselves into a corner where we need to rely on a striker who isn't a striker as well as Danny Handling.  

Quite staggering.

13 hours ago, CallumPar said:

Assuming Livingston are docked 10 points, for lying down tonight (more or less match-fixing), we have a chance of finishing 2nd now.

They should be docked at least 36 points for this blatant cheating IMHAHO.

According to some, their is no pressure on Inverness & "all the pressure" is on us. They have a game against a team with nothing to play for and so do we. Ours is obviously the easier of the two fixtures, no disrespect to Dumbarton, but the game still has to be won (or drawn!) Of course there will be nerves, especially if the scores are level going into the final stages, however if we play the way we have been & show the same fighting qualities to the death as we did on Saturday then I'm almost certain we'll be OK.

Hats off to Inverness though - what a run they've been on.

If we do not do enough on Saturday and ICT sneak ahead of us, they'll have totally deserved it. The onus is on us and I genuinely cannot fathom a scenario where we lose to this mob. 

Archived