Pars v Sons

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Get through this without any further injuries and I'll take it as a good week. There were a lot of worrying signs on Saturday for me, not least the fact we conceded 5 for the second time in 3 weeks, but there was a real acceptance of defeat and a lack of pride when the goals were going in. Nobody was going mad, nobody questioning who wasn't doing their job, just a "walk back to the centre circle and start again" type mentality. I'm hoping it's because our fate is sealed and the players simply want these games out of the way to get going with the play-offs, but I fear that is just wishful thinking and this team are down already in their minds. There was a much better turnout for the POTY awards than I thought there would be and the fans were pretty vocal in supporting the team during it on Saturday, I hope they can see that the fans are behind them and they can lift their game when it matters.

I for one can't wait to get this over with. Sadly, I anticipate another tonking. I thought against Dundee Utd that Stevie had released the shackles and let the boys play, in anticipation of gaining some momentum and confidence before the play offs. Instead we've seen nothing to suggest that the play offs mean much to this group of players. I hope I'm wrong.

This is classic pre match 0-1 shock chat from the Sons. A feature of our seaside days was to face a team who were no more than lambs to the slaughter only for them to turn us over 1-0. Airdrie and East Fife being prime culprits. 

Its a tired old cliche that Dunfermline blow it when it matters. Its simply not true. We only blow it sometimes when it matters. The rest of the time, we do the business.

On Saturday, it'll be the latter and I even fancy us to clinch third come 5pm.

17 minutes ago, Have some faith in Magic said:

Hamilton 10 Morton 2

Predicting next seasons games are we?

As long as no one turns up thinking its all in the bag we will be find our defence is solid and we have enough going forward to see us through most games

2 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

We are going to f**k this up aren't we....

Stop pissing yer self, your getting the breaks this weather and your playing a team that will be resting up for their own playoffs, certain home win. 

Interesting end to a season for sure, just a pity we were fcukin rank for a large pat of it, but hey...it's coming good.

I predict a win for us against the Sons, but I won't anticipate an easy match being honest.

Archived