Pars v Sons

This could either be an arse-clincher or a bit of a friendly match, depending on what happens in Livingston on Tuesday night.

If we are relying on the 3 points to finish in a playoff position, then the only change I'd make is Beadling replacing Vincent if he's fit. Andy Ryan deserves another start after his goal at Inverness.

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, smpar said:

This could either be an arse-clincher or a bit of a friendly match, depending on what happens in Livingston on Tuesday night.

If we are relying on the 3 points to finish in a playoff position, then the only change I'd make is Beadling replacing Vincent if he's fit. Andy Ryan deserves another start after his goal at Inverness

We definitely won't be relying on a win. A draw will be enough.

27 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

Can't see Inverness beating Livvy tbh. If needed we can beat Dumbarton but they are dangerous on their day, that said surely their eye will be on the playoff game and will rest half the team?

Such is our current situation with injuries - we won't be resting many because we don't have the choice.

Whether or not Dumbarton rest players, they won’t be battling for everything, as they’ll have one eye on the playoffs. If we need a result, then we should be able to get one.

Dumbarton will not want to risk injuries/suspensions, going into the playoffs. There’s no doubt about that. If we turn up willing to battle, we’ll ease them aside in the first half and be able to cruise the second half.

If Inverness drop points tomorrow night, it will be a friendly for everyone but Nicky Clark, who will surely be given the chance to go for the golden boot - against one of his favourite teams to play against!

However, we need to be careful with challenges. I believe that anybody picking up a 5th yellow of the season this week, would be suspended for the second leg of the playoff semi-final (should we manage to get there). Likewise, anyone picking up a 5th yellow in the first round of the playoffs, will be suspended for one leg of the final.

Get through this without any further injuries and I'll take it as a good week. There were a lot of worrying signs on Saturday for me, not least the fact we conceded 5 for the second time in 3 weeks, but there was a real acceptance of defeat and a lack of pride when the goals were going in. Nobody was going mad, nobody questioning who wasn't doing their job, just a "walk back to the centre circle and start again" type mentality. I'm hoping it's because our fate is sealed and the players simply want these games out of the way to get going with the play-offs, but I fear that is just wishful thinking and this team are down already in their minds. There was a much better turnout for the POTY awards than I thought there would be and the fans were pretty vocal in supporting the team during it on Saturday, I hope they can see that the fans are behind them and they can lift their game when it matters.

47 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Get through this without any further injuries and I'll take it as a good week. There were a lot of worrying signs on Saturday for me, not least the fact we conceded 5 for the second time in 3 weeks, but there was a real acceptance of defeat and a lack of pride when the goals were going in. Nobody was going mad, nobody questioning who wasn't doing their job, just a "walk back to the centre circle and start again" type mentality. I'm hoping it's because our fate is sealed and the players simply want these games out of the way to get going with the play-offs, but I fear that is just wishful thinking and this team are down already in their minds. There was a much better turnout for the POTY awards than I thought there would be and the fans were pretty vocal in supporting the team during it on Saturday, I hope they can see that the fans are behind them and they can lift their game when it matters.

This, absolutely this.  The last 43 minutes of Saturday's match were gruesome and there was almost a collective capitulation.  I mean no disrespect to Falkirk who took their second half goals well, but their first half showing, especially defensively, confirmed why they are third-bottom of the division.  To meekly surrender after the second goal in the manner quite a lot of our players did was IMO unacceptable.

And the Awards Event was well-attended, odd affair that it was.  The players' body language spoke volumes, but it was difficult to interpret whether they felt chastened or simply didn't want to be there, and I don't necessarily just mean the awards do.  You'd like to think though that when the play-offs begin that professional pride will produce a shift from everyone, that's all that we as fans can really demand.  Based on recent evidence though, I'm struggling a bit to convince myself. 

How has Vincent been? I've only seen him a few times but he seems capable of doing a grand job in midfield, winning back the ball and spraying it out wide, but also giving it away cheaply at times.

Surely we'll win this? Want to see Big Jean get a goal.

How has Vincent been? I've only seen him a few times but he seems capable of doing a grand job in midfield, winning back the ball and spraying it out wide, but also giving it away cheaply at times.

Surely we'll win this? Want to see Big Jean get a goal.

You've summed him up well. Vincent and Craigen have given us what we needed; a bit of composure in midfield, Shiels was starting to go quiet in games and Nat came off the boil himself.

If big jock scores, I would hope its a 99th min equaliser, over head kick from his own box after being 3 nil down  and he roller skates down he norrie, is this too much to ask?

I thought Vincent was terrible on Saturday tbh. Definitely prefer Beadling in there alongside Craigen.

Aye he gave the ball away a lot, otherwise he’s done a half decent job in midfield. We missed Beadling on Saturday.

32 minutes ago, smpar said:

Aye he gave the ball away a lot, otherwise he’s done a half decent job in midfield. We missed Beadling on Saturday.

Almost had a heart attack when he controlled the ball at the Caley corner and passed it back to Robinson. Utterly baffling decision and then had the temerity to shout at Robinson.

Archived