Brechin v Queens

Well that was rather jolly in the Brechin sunshine. Once the first went in the result was never in doubt. Brechin’s defence was very poor,  Dobbie’s second was a simple throw in which wasn’t defended. 

The last 15 minutes I think both teams were ‘demob happy’, Brechin had chances before the goal and we had plenty.

Rooney in central defence worked out well, for his last game he did pretty well.

Rankin actually had a good game when he replaced Mercer, except for being culpable for the goal.

It’s great being right next to the pitch, had a great view of the Thomson/Tapping stramash, and listened in to the ref telling them both off. Never seen Tapping losing the plot before, I think he thought the studs on the chest was malicious but I think it was accidental, Thomson hasn’t done anything like that all season.

When does next season start?

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Nah, can't see it. I expect us to resort back to a lone striker once we have something to play for. It's been proven beyond all question that we are a far better side with 2 up front, but I expect another season of trying to make it work with 1 up top.

Correct 100%

I'm absolutely disgusted at that performance today ! These players were on the brink of being worst Scottish team ever and by f**k they proved it with the most inept display ever .
Set up with 1 up top and the as ever inaffective Orsi( he's got photos of DD in a compromising position with someone ) helping out . So we find ourselves 2 down at half time as per usual. So we bring on Finn and Isaac 2 players who still have a bit of go about them and we go 2 up front . 2 little too late . Easiest 3pts QOS will have this millennium.

Didn’t make the game but it sounds like a lame affair. Not gonna change my opinion on Dods n co. We do have and hopefully can hang on to a few decent players with a few we need to draw the line under. Unfortunately for me the same dude that has set us up all season to defend is still in charge. I’m hoping the young lads will resign with us and we can rebuild round about them.

2 minutes ago, slangs said:
12 minutes ago, theoriginalhedge said:
I was talking with one of the players' father today and I wouldn't be too sure about that. 
[/quote unless they have other deals ?????? Why wouldn’t they

I am as hopeful as you but the mood is one of frustration at the moment.   Trying to convince them to sign after a season of defensive tactics might prove a wee bit difficult 

It's maybe simplistic but it's also accurate to say we are far better when we have someone supporting Dobbie up top.

I'm not a "it should always be 4-4-2" kind of person, more a "play to your strengths". We don't(didn't) have the squad available to play one up front successfully.

I think the evidence for two up top - one
runner in behind and Dobbie playing off has been overwhelming all season and the fact that it has taken our Manager this long to commit to a positive approach is extremely disappointing.

I accept the point about "dead rubbers" but the previous two games weren't meaningless for Morton and Dundee United.

Dykes in particular is generally ineffective when played wide left or in a withdrawn no 10 role. Conversely when played on shoulder of last defender he is a different player.

9 hours ago, CITY1974 said:

I'm absolutely disgusted at that performance today ! These players were on the brink of being worst Scottish team ever and by f**k they proved it with the most inept display ever .
Set up with 1 up top and the as ever inaffective Orsi( he's got photos of DD in a compromising position with someone ) helping out . So we find ourselves 2 down at half time as per usual. So we bring on Finn and Isaac 2 players who still have a bit of go about them and we go 2 up front . 2 little too late . Easiest 3pts QOS will have this millennium.

Still at least you got a free drink:lol:

58 minutes ago, steakpiegravy said:

Still no report for this one on the QOS OS. Is this because SD wasn’t there? Was wondering how it would sum things up...

Nope. I don't (usually) write them. Although I have occasionally covered if nobody else could do it. I have only been at one away game since Inverness in January though (I was at Dunfermline).

• 1 month later...

Archived