Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Buddist Monk

Who do you want to come down?

Team(s) you wish to come down...  

166 members have voted

  1. 1. Who do you want in the automatic relegation position?

  2. 2. Who do you wish to see in the playoff position?



Recommended Posts

Thrilled to be part of a "pwopa" league again, if only for a season. Got a cousin that now lives in Dingwall so one away game is sorted, maybe the next one a cheeky weekend in Ullapool if someone is daft enough to drive.

Livingston is a bit pish but a good excuse for doing something else down South or abroad. Partick are close and do bring the fans though. It's all very exciting when you remember Methil is no more. For a while.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Thrilled to be part of a "pwopa" league again, if only for a season. Got a cousin that now lives in Dingwall so one away game is sorted, maybe the next one a cheeky weekend in Ullapool if someone is daft enough to drive.
Livingston is a bit pish but a good excuse for doing something else down South or abroad. Partick are close and do bring the fans though. It's all very exciting when you remember Methil is no more. For a while.
VL level = max

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well thats a bugger then!

Four expensive trips to the Highlands next season. On a personal level four games I probably wont get to. Was hoping County would get out of it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Matty-RCFC said:


You alright in the heid pal?

Aye. Brechin brought over a hundred.  County are lucky to break 3 figures.

 

5 hours ago, PB1994 said:

Surely you should be moaning at the lack of home fans you get then? Instead of the away fans. As if you had the home fans through the gate they could go in the North Stand? 

Averaging 4500 plus is pretty good in a season when we came 8th. A club our size is never going to average more than 6000 in the championship to need to put home fans in that stand. 

  With it looking like dumbarton, county, ict and possibly livi away crowds are going to be very meagre..

Edited by Shodwall cat

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can' believe fucking crowd wanking has started already. Budgeting for away fans is ludicrous. It's also 6 years since County have been in the first division and actually none of you have any fucking idea how many away fans we are going to bring.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, CountyFan said:

I can' believe fucking crowd wanking has started already. Budgeting for away fans is ludicrous. It's also 6 years since County have been in the first division and actually none of you have any fucking idea how many away fans we are going to bring.  

Nobody budgets for away fans but they still put money in your coffers. Nothing to do with crowd wanks its a simple matter of economics in a thread asking who you'd rather see come down . I think that even having been away 6 years we can safely say partick wouldve brought more. Increased away crowd means more cash and a better atmosphere these are just simple facts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Nobody budgets for away fans but they still put money in your coffers. Nothing to do with crowd wanks its a simple matter of economics in a thread asking who you'd rather see come down . I think that even having been away 6 years we can safely say partick wouldve brought more. Increased away crowd means more cash and a better atmosphere these are just simple facts.

And how many fans are you going to bring to Dingwall? 

Anyway I'm looking forward to some aspects of being back in the league. Winning a few more games than we have this season would be lovely. Queen of the South is comfortably the best away day in the country so that will be fun. I stay ten minutes from Falkirk so easy access to those inevitable away wins. It's not all doom and gloom. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
And how many fans are you going to bring to Dingwall? 
Anyway I'm looking forward to some aspects of being back in the league. Winning a few more games than we have this season would be lovely. Queen of the South is comfortably the best away day in the country so that will be fun. I stay ten minutes from Falkirk so easy access to those inevitable away wins. It's not all doom and gloom. 


Pish, Dumfries is good but it's far from the best away day. Not even in the top 5.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

 


Pish, Dumfries is good but it's far from the best away day. Not even in the top 5.

 

What are your favourites? Patrick is great, always been a fan of killie. Hibs/hearts obviously. Most others I can take or leave. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CountyFan said:

And how many fans are you going to bring to Dingwall? 

Anyway I'm looking forward to some aspects of being back in the league. Winning a few more games than we have this season would be lovely. Queen of the South is comfortably the best away day in the country so that will be fun. I stay ten minutes from Falkirk so easy access to those inevitable away wins. It's not all doom and gloom. 

Not many now that a visit to the arse end of beyond is no longer a novelty. Thats why the highland league was set up in the first place surely to reduce your travel.Anyway this thread is about who we wanted to come down and id have preferred  partick and gave a valid reason why. I would presume you would have also preferred partick so i dont know why your argueing with me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Shodwall cat said:

  With it looking like dumbarton, county, ict and possibly livi away crowds are going to be very meagre..

I feel dirty but I agree with Shodwell, for Dunfermline it's a right kick in the c**t not having Raith up next year aswell, Ayr don't bring much. I appreciate it's crowdwanking to the max but games with a decent away crowd are always far better. 

Next year we'll have Falkirk and Dundee United? Just bang everyone else in the corner. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

I feel dirty but I agree with Shodwell, for Dunfermline it's a right kick in the c**t not having Raith up next year aswell, Ayr don't bring much. I appreciate it's crowdwanking to the max but games with a decent away crowd are always far better. 

Next year we'll have Falkirk and Dundee United? Just bang everyone else in the corner. 

I agree.  The lack of games with a decent crowd of both home and away fans seem to be getting less and less.  In the late 80s early 90s you were still getting big crowds home and away to the likes of airdrie, ayr and  morton.  Apart from yourselves and united its going to be a struggle  and its made even worse with the advent of all seater grounds. I feel sorry for the young supporters of today who miss out on crowds of 7 to 8000 at Broomfield and Starks Park  etc during promotion battles. Even with solid home attendances its difficult to get the place bouncing with noone to sing to.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

I agree.  The lack of games with a decent crowd of both home and away fans seem to be getting less and less.  In the late 80s early 90s you were still getting big crowds home and away to the likes of airdrie, ayr and  morton.  Apart from yourselves and united its going to be a struggle  and its made even worse with the advent of all seater grounds. I feel sorry for the young supporters of today who miss out on crowds of 7 to 8000 at Broomfield and Starks Park  etc during promotion battles. Even with solid home attendances its difficult to get the place bouncing with noone to sing to.

there were 2000 pars supports to serenade but you were as quiet as a mouse, home supports have to make their own atmosphere, as for attendances in general they are going up but we still have the same attendances per capita as the rest of Europe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
What are your favourites? Patrick is great, always been a fan of killie. Hibs/hearts obviously. Most others I can take or leave. 


Arbroath
Forfar
Ayr
Elgin
Brechin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Adam101 said:

there were 2000 pars supports to serenade but you were as quiet as a mouse, home supports have to make their own atmosphere, as for attendances in general they are going up but we still have the same attendances per capita as the rest of Europe.

You also need a half decent team on the park.   If your pish fans wont have much to shout about. Home fans support is pretty solid its away fans thats the problem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

 


Arbroath
Forfar
Ayr
Elgin
Brechin

 

Are these your favourite away days because you usually win?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×