Partick Thistle 2 - 1 Hamilton Academical - Lambie Derby 21st April Twenty Eighteen - did it really happen?

A wonderful win for the mighty Jags yesterday and as I was unable to attend I came here to read all about it, and Sir Kris Doolan's 100th League Goal in a crucial game which gives us the torture of renewed hope of (an undeserved) escape... but there seems to be no match thread at all, despite the importance to both teams and the emotion of the Lambie Derby occasion for both sides. 

How odd.  Surely no one's taken a huff because of the result? No one who supports a relegation-threatened team could be that childish and thin skinned??

Anyway, well done Thistle - I see McCarthy played rather than Osman and Devine was also benched. Better late than never, Archie...

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The mini-resurgence both yesterday and against Killie of Erskine was something to behold yesterday, every time he got the ball in their half you felt like he could do some damage.

Elliott and Booth were great too, despite Elliott being responsible for the Accies goal with the missed interception - he more than made up for it.

Sammon changed the game, his physicality meant Accies couldn't handle him and he bossed it, brilliant from Doolan to get his 100th league goal too. I honestly love him so much.

McCarthy continues to be extremely impressive, need him tied down to at least 2020 like Penrice has been.

3 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Who created it? Yon tory bellend? Must have been inspired by those missing Westminster abuse files.

Whoever it was, it's an extremely embarrassing response to a defeat. Toys right out of the pram.

As an Accies fan,the thread shouldn't have been deleted.Kitchen and heat comes to mind.

As for the game,it panned out as I expected:Thistle out the traps on fire(toothless though in first half) and Accies to fcuk it up defensively at some stage of the game.

Three crucial decisions decided this:

1)Two big misses by Accies at 1-0-more so Bingham.

2)Inspired subs by Archie particularly bringing Sammon on.

3)Conversely,terrible subs by Canning.

I still think Accies will stay up...just but there is no excuse for a Manager who can't organise a team defensively at set pieces a la Canning; it is the same every game and inexcusable.

As for Thistle,they are in the hunt and fighting and despite yesterday's results Dundee are still not out of it,but have some breathing space over the rest of us.

9 minutes ago, YER SISTERS YER MAW said:

Deleting the match thread,.emoji23.png FFS Rodger. If your going to dish it out at least be prepared to take it back when things don't go out way. emoji23.png

It's particularly poor forum etiquette considering the nature of the occassion with Lambie. Poor show.

2)Inspired subs by Archie particularly bringing Sammon on.

Absolutely game changing, the Accies defence didn’t know what to do with him. At the first goal, there seemed to be 3 guys watching Sammon at the back post leaving Doolan totally free in the middle. Just having him created that bit more space for every one else, as I thought Hamilton had done ok defensively up to the point, content to let us loft shite crosses to nobody.

Absolutely game changing, the Accies defence didn’t know what to do with him. At the first goal, there seemed to be 3 guys watching Sammon at the back post leaving Doolan totally free in the middle. Just having him created that bit more space for every one else, as I thought Hamilton had done ok defensively up to the point, content to let us loft shite crosses to nobody.

Aye defo agree with this. I don’t care what anyone says about Sammon, I fucking love that big guy.

Very similar to the game against Killie in that the players visibly seemed to acknowledge the magnitude of the game in terms of raw effort, but still pass the buck all too often in attacking positions and think an aimless ball into the keeper’s hands means job done.

To be fair even Beckham and Giggs out wide couldn’t have picked out anything for us. The move to two up front was crucial and made us more of a competitive presence in the final third, and freed up more time for Doolan to stay in the box.

As much as it was knocked earlier in the season (including by myself), I’d consider starting Sammon wide-right next week - he’s faster, stronger and more intelligent than Spittal, and his delivery can’t be any worse; he could hold the ball up well for an overlapping Elliott; and his presence would mean we could switch to two up front more seamlessly. Along with Doolan and Erskine he’s one of the few in the team up for a battle and has to be involved as often as possible at this stage of the season.

An absolutely huge win yesterday. Even drawing with that standard of opposition at home then you may aswell have relegated us. 

Deleting the match thread because your team got fisted.

What a fucking shitebag,  quite possibly the biggest minter/heads gone in the history of this forum.  :lol:

What from the Partick fans?
They’re the only ones in tears despite their team winning.

7 hours ago, Im_Rodger said:

Tears of laughter at the sight of how far your head has gone.

7 hours ago, Im_Rodger said:

I see you take the Conservative Party's approach to fair play and taking responsibility for your own mistakes - "It's my ball* and I'm not playing any more!"

*except in this case it really, really wasn't - a match thread betwen two teams belongs to all the fans of those teams who have posted on it in the run up to the game, and in this case it was a sad and historic occasion with the passing of Mr Lambie - so in your infantile toy-throwing you have also deleted lots of tributes to the great man. You must be very proud of yourself.

As a Jags fan, I'm quite pleased with the (slightly unexpected, given how woeful we've been lately) win over your mob - so I am far from "in tears" as we're now back in the game to avoid going down - I admit, however, my surprise that one person could simultaneously be so infantile, selfish, disrespecful, smug, and plain thick.  Are you a parody account?

Archived