Montrose V Elgin

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Some uncanny parallels with Helicopter Dreams.
Best wishes to  you and all Montrose fans.  You can do it.
All the best to yourself as well in the play off....

The whole season has been meaningless in comparison to this.

How’s your bottle?

[emoji102]
You are fucking raging deep down we are away to win the league.

That's very generous!

Wishing you success in the playoffs, if that's what you really want.

One more point for the Mo needed  to avoid that palaver. 

Elgin has been a bit of a bogey team for the Mo in past seasons and we were skelped 3-0 at Borough Briggs back in September.  Elgin are not in the playoffs and so only pride is at stake for them. Nevertheless they will want to finish off the season with a decent result.

I am sure SP and the lads will prepare for this match just like any other and keep the focus just on getting a result on the day.

I read Shane  Sutherland is getting better following his extensive time out due to injury and Brian Cameron and others have shown they are capable of scoring a few goals too.  Hopefully the Mo defence will hold out for one more match and Templeman and Co. can score at the other end.

If the Mo don't underestimate Elgin, which I don't think is likely to happen and play as well as they are capable of, then when the final whistle blows on Saturday, we may not be too disappointed. 

I thought Clyde had won the league way back in August...

Good luck to the Mo’ and hopefully you get the job done against Elgin.

You’ve been down in League 2 for a while now and those long suffering supporters are well overdue a weekend of celebrations.

Have I ever mentioned how much I like Elgin and how us ex Highland League teams need to look out for each other? Go on Elgin do us a favour (assuming we don't bottle it against Edinburgh). Plus it would be funny to win the league on goal difference :lol:

Best of luck to Montrose on Saturday. The fans deserve it and it’s hard to imagine that only 2 years ago you finished at the other end of the league.

You’ve been the best team in the league by a country mile, so fingers crossed you finish the job on Saturday.

[emoji1319]

This should be a celebration game for the best club in the footballing hotbed in Angus.
Hopefully we can get the job finished against a bloody good side in Elgin.Had a great day up their last time we drew 2-2 and spoke to loads of good Elgin fan's who were all sound.Massive game for the club,from being the whipping boys of the league to league champions....Mental to think that but we still have to get the job done.Am sure sp will have them well drilled and guys like foxy and Lewis Miline will be itching at the bit to win after their Forfar disaster last game of the season last year.

Good luck Montrose. It was a 2-1 win against Elgin that gave us a first title in 67 years. A title I thought I would never see us win. I remember the last few minutes of the game when it finally sunk in that it was going to happen. All my years supporting Cowden flashed through my mind in a matter of seconds.

Does this mean we will win the title next season?

Good luck Montrose. Prepare for 90 minutes of absolutely bricking it. I remember we needed a result against a Queen's Park side with nothing to play for to go up in 2003 and the b*****ds fought us tooth and nail as if their lives depended on it.

I can just about remember Montrose getting promoted in the mid 90s and then getting absolutely skelped and going back down the following year. That's a long time to wait for any set of supporters. I hope you guys finally have something to celebrate on Saturday.

Fully expect Elgin City to fight "tooth and nail", I am relieved the game is not at Borough Briggs. It's unfortunate Peterhead have a bit of a gimme at Balmoor against an absolutely garbage Edinburgh side.

Nonetheless we have been excellent in the last few games and we just need one more performance to close it out. If any group has it in them, it's our group of lads at the moment. We can't ask for any more than to control our own fate going into the last game of the season.

I expect the biggest crowd at Links Park since the infamous Brora game, on Saturday; 2100 in that day; queues on Wellington Street; for once the last game of the season is not a meaningless-watched-by-300-diehards-to-see-if-we-can-close-out-Berwick-for-seventh-place-and-rebuild-for-the-playoffs-next-season.

Will be wonderful to see Montrose in League One if it happens. Fully plan on being a 100% attendance season next term if we make it.

Don't think many other fans don't want Montrose to win the league. A really good team with few weakness, no superstars (maybe Lewis when he's up for it) but you all play for each other.

Let's hope you don't need any luck on Saturday, just do what you've been doing all season. It's going to be a great night on  for all Montrose fans.

I really hope Montrose can win the division. They've been the best side I've seen this season and they fully deserve the championship. It's great to see a team succeed through organisation and pragmatism rather than just throwing money at the situation (Jim McInally, I'm looking at you).

When I first started following Stenhousemuir in 2004, I used to look down on the Mo - they were always rubbish and a perpetual source of points (I remember Des McKeown's side horsing them four times in the 2005/06 season) - but after using Pie and Bovril more, interacting with their supporters and reading the essential Gable-End Graffiti blog, I began to appreciate the club more and have had a soft spot for them since. Twenty-two years is far too long to go without experiencing some kind of measurable success.

Best of luck for the weekend!

Archived