The April Friendship Derby - Clyde vs Berwick Rangers

I fancy Stenny to beat Peterhead over 2 legs tbh. If we make play offs we will receive an absolute hiding off whoever we face.

Really most likely that either us or stenny would have to beat the team coming down from the first (think peterhead more difficult) stenny will have played every midweek up to the final can't see them carry that off and to be honest I think Stirling are a better team
But you never know 2 year ago queens park sneaked into play offs by a goal and ended up going up

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, sammyreidloyal said:

Why are wasting time with these part-timers? The dream scenario,us & Clyde going up into a new division,hand in hand together next season-blissful.

This is what I think we all really want.

There's a lot of love here, no doubt about it. I can understand why some Berwick fans might be keen for Clyde to stay down, to preserve the World's premier Friendship Derby and all the media attention and bumper gates that such a prestigious occasion entails.

However, sometimes in a relationship you have to make sacrifices. In any case, we can always come back preseason for a glamour friendly, and we will only be apart for one season before Berwick's inevitable charge to promotion glory.

Berwick, you know what you have to do. Don't let a little thing like a football match spoil what we've got. Xx [emoji173][emoji173][emoji173]

I honestly don't think we could have played this one any better. We've lulled Scumhousemanure into a real false sense of security by allowing them to take a point away from Shielfield Park. But Stenny quite simply cannot anticipate that Berwick will be turning up to the OKI on Saturday with a sheepish, apologetic look on our faces. We could have taken all three points - but our relationship is finally getting to the levels where us 'Gers let our kinky side out.

We will be arriving at Broadwood Stadium on Saturday with no other intention than to bend over the knee of Clyde FC, and take our punishment - and we're going to enjoy every minute of it. Goals will rain down on the Berwick net, as Robbie Horn finally bows into shouts of GET THE LOCAL LADDIES OAN, calling up the entire Tweedmouth Rangers team to guarantee an absolute beasting. 

At full-time, fans of both sides will rejoice. Keen to ensure the OKI can enjoy their moment without wanting to take away from it, Berwick fans will leave to consume countless bottles of MD2020 in celebration of Clyde's fantastic achievement. Where we would usually pick the golden bottles, we will demonstrate our love for our friends with beautifully red bottles of Strawberry and Kiwi dug. 

Clyde will of course go on to be promoted. Unfortunately, Berwick won't be there due to prior commitments (we'll be in Cowdenbeath, absolutely fucking pissing ourselves), but we will have the chance to celebrate as, as we  lift the play-off trophy, together, on June 2nd at the Len Eyre-inspired Broadwood: Live from the Loch

Let’s hope someone posts them in the corners and not behind the nets where they usually stand.:1eye
Maybe also an idea to let the ball boys know there is a football game taking place.

Most weeks it doesn't seem to be pointed out to them.

Bless 'em

Archived