Annan Athletic summer 2018

Annan sign martyn coleman from penrith.personally i liked the look of tommy muir in the friendly games that he played.could do with signing another striker considering coleman is only our 2nd striker in the squad.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, annanbear said:

Annan sign martyn coleman from penrith.personally i liked the look of tommy muir in the friendly games that he played.could do with signing another striker considering coleman is only our 2nd striker in the squad.

If the club is to move forward they need to behave more honestly.

Last Saturday Sammy  Wallace let ex goalie Speedy Clark & a few of his cohorts in for  free. This was after some hospitality  too.  Speedy obviously things a  lot of  the club when he cannot even pay a  fiver to get in. Heard tonight he asked an ex. Team mate to come along - "it won't cost  you anything".Taking Annan for a ride.

The latest Peter Murphy recording explained how difficult it was to compete with some of the higher spending teams. Mm let committee know.  Feel embarrassed for all the hard working committee members but a lot of trust has been lost.

Big gala day tomorrow- club open 1 to 6 only ! 

Some pipe band from Manchester up again tonight, next door caravan site could not believe shut early Sat, night.

Believe Supporters club now disbanded - nothing official like every other club  I know.

Wow the club are now doing the half time draw, ( thanks supporters club ; even for the tickets) !

For years  I have been told the club was cliquey and corrupt.

A  big battle to win heart and minds as it stands.

14 hours ago, annanbear said:

Is that another non Scottish player at your club to make your secretarys comments on Falkirks signings a few weeks back look even more stupid?

2 hours ago, C. Muir said:

Is that another non Scottish player at your club to make your secretarys comments on Falkirks signings a few weeks back look even more stupid?

So it would seem.was a bit daft what he said considering we live so close to the border and have a number of non scots in the squad.i would like annan to look south of the border more often for possible hidden gems.it can be hard to compete with teams in the central belt so naturally going south makes sense for annan.

4 hours ago, annanbear said:

So it would seem.was a bit daft what he said considering we live so close to the border and have a number of non scots in the squad.i would like annan to look south of the border more often for possible hidden gems.it can be hard to compete with teams in the central belt so naturally going south makes sense for annan.

These words of wisdom!

Last Saturday Sammy  Wallace let ex goalie Speedy Clark & a few of his cohorts in for  free. This was after some hospitality  too.  Speedy obviously things a  lot of  the club when he cannot even pay a  fiver to get in. Heard tonight he asked an ex. Team mate to come along - "it won't cost  you anything".Taking Annan for a ride.
The latest Peter Murphy recording explained how difficult it was to compete with some of the higher spending teams. Mm let committee know.  Feel embarrassed for all the hard working committee members but a lot of trust has been lost.
Some pipe band from Manchester up again tonight, next door caravan site could not believe shut early Sat, night.
Believe Supporters club now disbanded - nothing official like every other club  I know.
Wow the club are now doing the half time draw, ( thanks supporters club ; even for the tickets) !

You make some good points. Somewhere along the line the trust has gone. Personally I'd like to get the committee together with the supporters at the Club either before a game or when we have a free week and start a better dialogue between us all. We should all be pulling in the same direction for the good of Annan Athletic.

16 hours ago, JimThorburn said:
On 07/07/2018 at 01:45, the philosopher said:

You make some good points. Somewhere along the line the trust has gone. Personally I'd like to get the committee together with the supporters at the Club either before a game or when we have a free week and start a better dialogue between us all. We should all be pulling in the same direction for the good of Annan Athletic.

Totally correct Jim, all Philosopher's points could be easily addressed!

54 minutes ago, Solway Star said:

Great performance by Annan today were worthy winners again against Premier league Hamilton.

Brilliant game by new signing Tommy Muir and especially Scott Hooper who was man of the match

for me.

Both played well but hooper motm for me.also heard that coleman wont be playing for annan this season.dont know whats happened there.heard ex qots ross ferguson is being considered to take his place which in my opinion is a far better signing than coleman

Was at linlithgow today.we played not bad,certainly didnt disgrace ourselfs.ross ferguson has signed but nothing official yet.came on as a sub in the second half.we have some decent strikers this season.

4 hours ago, annanbear said:

Was at linlithgow today.we played not bad,certainly didnt disgrace ourselfs.ross ferguson has signed but nothing official yet.came on as a sub in the second half.we have some decent strikers this season.

Annan look a tidy wee side and should do well this season, enjoyed today's game and Livi didn't really have to go through the gears as they controlled the pace of the game.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived