Annan Athletic summer 2018

Guest Landan Spiv

Any more news on Henderson? 

Us City supporters haven't heard any more developments and he seems to be keeping shtum on twitter 

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Landan Spiv
6 minutes ago, JakeSAFC said:

Henderson would be a decent signing for Edinburgh. Seems to do well with the poorer sides of the division.

We'll get better. We're still new to all this. We've had great results in some games last two seasons. We were the thorn in arbroaths side last season and we've not got a bad record against the binos at home. I'd gladly have him at city now after seeing his stats. He's no Scott Shepherd but he'll get us goals 

We'll get better. We're still new to all this. We've had great results in some games last two seasons. We were the thorn in arbroaths side last season and we've not got a bad record against the binos at home. I'd gladly have him at city now after seeing his stats. He's no Scott Shepherd but he'll get us goals 

Aye I know. Was mainly a dig at Berwick tbf. He'll get you goal but he will frustrate the life out of you. He didn't suit our style.

Guest Landan Spiv
10 minutes ago, JakeSAFC said:

Aye I know. Was mainly a dig at Berwick tbf. He'll get you goal but he will frustrate the life out of you. He didn't suit our style.

Berwick to finish bottom next season. 

• 4 weeks later...
12 hours ago, annanbear said:

Ex dumbarton david wilson signed for next season.ex killie chris johnston to be announced as new signing in the next day or two....supposedly 

Just noticed both are now official on your website.

Johnston looked lost with us. He had no confidence to really do anything, and to be honest I felt for him. Hopefully he gets his career back on track, but he's starting to run out of chances.

Wilson on the other hand was a guy who I wouldn't have been averse keeping - albeit mainly as backup. He was absolutely outstanding in our win against Dundee United, and can see an execute some beautiful passes, the best of which I've attached below. What lets him down is how unbalanced his game is. He can play a pass like that and then misplace countless five yarders, jump out of every tackle and generally not look like a footballer.

If you have a midfielder to do the dirty work though I'd fancy him to be a really good signing in League Two though. He was our leading assister last season with six and only started 22 games.

Have to say it's rather bizarre that your club secretary is on Twitter berating Falkirk for signing Dimitris Froxylias as it is 'depriving a young Scot a contract' considering your current manager is Irish, you've had multiple Englishman in your squad, signed 3 Frenchman from Edusport and also have Rabin Omar, an Iraqi in the squad.

Even if Annan had a squad/ management team of purely Scots, it'd obviously be a stupid comment, but considering the above it seems utterly absurd. Does Alan Irving voice his displeasure at the 'foreigners' at Annan, or does he only do it when other clubs sign players who are not Scottish?

Seems like the kind of bigoted old duffer you wouldn’t really want hanging around your club too much longer.

29 minutes ago, SimonLichtie said:

Have to say it's rather bizarre that your club secretary is on Twitter berating Falkirk for signing Dimitris Froxylias as it is 'depriving a young Scot a contract' considering your current manager is Irish, you've had multiple Englishman in your squad, signed 3 Frenchman from Edusport and also have Rabin Omar, an Iraqi in the squad.

Even if Annan had a squad/ management team of purely Scots, it'd obviously be a stupid comment, but considering the above it seems utterly absurd. Does Alan Irving voice his displeasure at the 'foreigners' at Annan, or does he only do it when other clubs sign players who are not Scottish?

Whats he said?been on twitter and cant find the tweet.

14 minutes ago, annanbear said:

Whats he said?been on twitter and cant find the tweet.

' Another foreigner depriving a young scot a contract ' in reply to Falkirk tweeting about signing Dimitris Froxylias. I did tweet Alan and ask him what his thoughts were on his own club depriving young Scots of contracts considering all these 'foreigners' you've had/ have on the books and the nationality of your own manager, but he appears to have ignored it unfortunately.

An unbelievably stupid comment from him; you'd think he'd take the opportunity to reply and clear things up/ clarify his comments and try to save himself from coming across as an absolute tit.

1 hour ago, SimonLichtie said:

' Another foreigner depriving a young scot a contract ' in reply to Falkirk tweeting about signing Dimitris Froxylias. I did tweet Alan and ask him what his thoughts were on his own club depriving young Scots of contracts considering all these 'foreigners' you've had/ have on the books and the nationality of your own manager, but he appears to have ignored it unfortunately.

An unbelievably stupid comment from him; you'd think he'd take the opportunity to reply and clear things up/ clarify his comments and try to save himself from coming across as an absolute tit.

I think you liked my tweet to him. Small world and all that. 

Hopefully more people keep criticising his comments so he's eventually pushed to provide an explanation for them.

Archived