Shitting It Rovers v Season's Over Fifers

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The supporters trust have arranged for the bar to be opened for the East Fife match on Saturday 21st April.

Entry to the lounge will be via the door in the main stand adjacent to the pitch. The bar will be open from 13.30 until 14.50 and then from 16.50 until 18.45 (last orders 1815).

All drinks will be priced at £1.50.

By way of thanks to our loyal support the club have made a generous donation in order for some food to be available after the game. We’ve made arrangements for a local restaurant to provide this.

Please feel free to come along, buy a beer and enjoy some free grub

Away fans are more than welcome in the bar

Hope to see as many people there as possible

Just looking through Albion Rovers’ form. It makes horrible reading, only 1 win in 2018, no goals in the last 3 and I think I’m right in saying no clean sheet all season. Perfect time for nothing to play for East Fife to come along then...

13 minutes ago, Mon_The_Fife said:

Just looking through Albion Rovers’ form. It makes horrible reading, only 1 win in 2018, no goals in the last 3 and I think I’m right in saying no clean sheet all season. Perfect time for nothing to play for East Fife to come along then...

It's been pretty much downhill all the way since the 5-4 game back in October, where you scored about 5 goals in the last minute!

It's been pretty much downhill all the way since the 5-4 game back in October, where you scored about 5 goals in the last minute!

You talking about us or your lot???

13 hours ago, King Kebab said:

You talking about us or your lot???

our lot.... I think ?  :bairn   https://spfl.co.uk/league-one/fixture/3639659/

We were 4v2 up in 80 mins...... two goals after 90.  Rovers were actually sitting second top on 90 mins.  Unbelievable fall down the league. 
Noticed Darren Young was on the bench last week.... and we've lost a million last minute goals in past 4 months.... It can't happen can it ? 

Victory secures the  play off place. (ten goal better off than QP should be enough ! ) Or we could be going to Ayr needing a win, who might need a win to be champions... 

our lot.... :bairn
We were 4v2 up in 80 mins...... two goals after 90.  Rovers were actually sitting second top on 90 mins.  Unbelievable fall down the league. 
Noticed Darren Young was on the bench last week.... and we've lost a million last minute goals in past 4 months.... It can't happen can it ? 
Victory secures the  play off place. Or we could be going to Ayr needing a win, who might need a win to be champions... 

The shit since October quote could probably be quite easily be attributed to us hence the confusion!!!
Wouldn't worry too much about Darren coming back to haunt you, he was one of only three outfield players on the bench on Saturday and still didn't see the need to bring himself on even when we 5-0 down and in dire need of shoring up, so don't sweat it!!!
Unless of course he was saving himself!!![emoji848]

Hoping for wins for East Fife (obviously) and Forfar Athletic tomorrow as I like an away day at Cliftonhill.

I note that despite the Big Rovers going through a miserable spell of results, they're normally being defeated by the odd goal - usually a late one...   

1 minute ago, teekasule said:

aye - sorry forgot to bloody mention that, lets face it you'll win - we wont. 

mmmm.. Forfar are the only team not to beat us so far. So we all know what's coming...

2 hours ago, Mick1867 said:

mmmm.. Forfar are the only team not to beat us so far. So we all know what's coming...

uch we may see each other for beers next year anyway. which ever league - we'll be there ! 

43 minutes ago, east fife for life said:

Players playing for contracts last week and gave up says it all about East Fife this season! Good luck to the few Fife fans travelling through to watch that emoji90.pngemoji90.pngemoji90.png

There's a gulf between part-time and full-time teams now. The SPFL have done their best to make it that way. If Raith & Ayr go up, Dumbarton and Brechin down and Airdrie go part-time then the leagues will be  perfectly split top and bottom.  I wouldn't be surprised if the SPFL change the rules to keep it that way. So your team, especially if you include the Lowland/Highland leagues, is pretty much at the top of the PT teams. Enjoy it while you can.

Ok Fifers how about throwing your old muckers fae Coatbrig 3 easy points!!

On a serious note I think Young would quite enjoy sticking the final nail into our coffin. The reality is our current position or where we are heading does not boil down to tomorrow's game. There has been a quiet resignation about the place for the last few weeks that this current team is away. Two wins in 6 months is the harsh reality. And yes the 5-4 game last October was the start of this awful run. If QP win or draw and we get beat I would say the game is up- hope I'm wrong.

10 hours ago, Vodka Vic said:

Ok Fifers how about throwing your old muckers fae Coatbrig 3 easy points!!

On a serious note I think Young would quite enjoy sticking the final nail into our coffin. The reality is our current position or where we are heading does not boil down to tomorrow's game. There has been a quiet resignation about the place for the last few weeks that this current team is away. Two wins in 6 months is the harsh reality. And yes the 5-4 game last October was the start of this awful run. If QP win or draw and we get beat I would say the game is up- hope I'm wrong.

I don't suppose Trouten will want to stay at Cliftonhill, and only Alan Reid, from the rest, is worth retaining for next season. 

2 hours ago, Bold Rover said:

I don't suppose Trouten will want to stay at Cliftonhill, and only Alan Reid, from the rest, is worth retaining for next season. 

Yeh I would say that is about right- major clear out I wonder if that will include the manager. If he stays no more signing duds from Clyde please.

Archived