Player of the year

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, DeanMck said:

CANT BELIEVE GOODWILLIE ISNT NOMINATED.IVE HELD BACK MY ANGER ALL WEEK ON THIS AND ITS TIME TO SPEAK UP AND BE COUNTED! WE ARE CLYDE AND WE DESERVE OUR STAR PLAYER TO WIN THIS AWARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I COULDNT SEE ANYONE BUT DGW WINNING THIS, WHO EVEN ARE THE OTHER PLAYERS ON THE SHORTLIST ?????

He’s lucky that he is even in football. Aren’t footballers supposed to set an example for youngsters?

9 minutes ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

He’s lucky that he is even in football. Aren’t footballers supposed to set an example for youngsters?

Maybe, but also football clubs have a responsibility to the community they represent.  What community does Clyde FC represent, its worrying?

Mental that outside of Clyde fans nobody is really that inclined to celebrate and reward rape. 

Nobody is celebrating or rewarding rape you halfwit.

But if you are telling me Goodwillie is not in the top 4 players in this division you are in denial or having a laugh.

Nobody is celebrating or rewarding rape you halfwit.

But if you are telling me Goodwillie is not in the top 4 players in this division you are in denial or having a laugh.

A lot of players in denial then?

The votes would’ve been cast just as Goodwillie was coming into form, he wasn’t great the first half of the season was he?

It’s not the best 4 players in the league anyway, otherwise it would just be Peterhead players

One can only assume that Goodwillie hasn't been nominated purely on the basis of his off field history. That can be the ONLY reason given that he is the league's top scorer and in many games has been head and shoulders above anyone else on the park in terms of ability. Even opposition fans have commented on this on a number of occasions. 

A total joke. However, I'm sure Goodwillie won't give a feck as he will know he is a better footballer than the 4 nominees.

1 minute ago, 1320Lichtie said:

A lot of players in denial then?

The votes would’ve been cast just as Goodwillie was coming into form, he wasn’t great the first half of the season was he?

It’s not the best 4 players in the league anyway, otherwise it would just be Peterhead players

Lichtie, think the votes would have been cast after he scored the bulk of his goals. He's actually had a relatively lean spell of late. I suspect there is a little bit of anti Goodwillie sentiment going on here. Up to them though but it's clearly not based on the players contribution over the season. 

Archived