Player of the year

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest TOPFITTER

:bairnI wonder why the PFA Scotland don't get fans to vote ?  :bairn

:bairn                                                                                                                     :bairn

Guest TOPFITTER
22 minutes ago, HenryHill said:
1 hour ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

Rory when he’s at his best is streets ahead of anyone else.

Would never win a popularity contest though.

He would if it was just between him and Goodwillie 

C'mon boys where is the "LOVE"

Guest TOPFITTER
7 minutes ago, JakeSAFC said:

Clyde fans taking the nominations well then.

I was looking forward to his acceptance speech, "in conclusion I'd like to thank David Robertson, without his assistance I may never have signed for Clyde !!!" however I hear he is likely to appeal the decision,,,,,,

Clyde fans taking the nominations well then.
Player of the year nominations not based purely on what players were the best during the season?

Then I suggest they don't call it "Player of the Year".

Perhaps "Least controversial Player of the Year" or "Churchgoing Player of the Year" would be better.

Guest TOPFITTER
31 minutes ago, haufdaft said:

Then I suggest they don't call it "Player of the Year".

Perhaps "Least controversial Player of the Year" or "Churchgoing Player of the Year" would be better.

Ra_ist, Ra_ist now Secula_ist, Clyde and their supporters score a hat-trick, they really are a "BROAD CHURCH" !!!

TBH I don't think McAllister or Gibson have been our best two players. No doubt on their day both are match winners but both too inconsistent for me this season.

I would say Jamie Stevenson has been  excellent for us wherever he's been asked to play and is still a class player.

Also Greg Fleming and the fact that he never gets a mention shows how consistent he's been unlike Smith from last season. Plus he's a better player than his brother.:P

Utter travesty that Goodwillie isnt on the list, easily the best player this league has ever seen, tainted victory to whoever wins it now, i would probably go for McAllister, class act and who has shown extreme loyalty to Peterhead when he could have easily moved elsewhere for a lot more money.

2 minutes ago, Links_Park_Dynamo said:

Fact is it’s the players in the league that have voted for this, not the PFA, SFA,SPFL  or the RAC.  So obviously they don’t rate Goodwillie that or we’re just worried about him going for a night out at the awards

That or jealousy? Majority of DGW opponents have resorted to trying to cripple him because they cant get near him.

I think he should be nominated based on ability alone. I can understand why he hasn't been, though. Presumably they think it would be a bad image for the League to have him going up to collect an award. I can understand their reasoning and I'm not gonna get upset about it.

Archived