England's Glorious Failure

19 minutes ago, RedRob72 said:

France, Denmark and the ROI aren’t part of the same family of Nations as us though Pep, you know where I’m coming from. It just feels right to offer a wee bit of support to the other British teams, when we aren’t represented. I’d feel the same if it was just Wales or Northern Ireland playing in Russia.

Only a family of nations to a British nationalist.  They're not my family any more than Iceland and Norway or the EU.  You wouldn't support the republic of Ireland would you?   Cause you're a British nationalist/bigot.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Only a family of nations to a British nationalist.  They're not my family any more than Iceland and Norway or the EU.  You wouldn't support the republic of Ireland would you?   Cause you're a British nationalist/bigot.

And why not? Shared a hotel with a large group of Irish fans at the Euros in France 2 years ago. Great food, plenty of drink and a good laugh. All sound lads who we wished well as they headed off to games against Belgium & Sweden I recall, as they did when we left for Lyon.
Not everyone holds the same petty nationalist grudges as you my friend.
Anyway back on topic, Mon Ingurland on Wednesday, they’ve far exceeded the expectations of most of us to get to the semis.

8 minutes ago, RedRob72 said:

And why not? Shared a hotel with a large group of Irish fans at the Euros in France 2 years ago. Great food, plenty of drink and a good laugh. All sound lads who we wished well as they headed off to games against Belgium & Sweden I recall, as they did when we left for Lyon.
Not everyone holds the same petty nationalist grudges as you my friend.
Anyway back on topic, Mon Ingurland on Wednesday, they’ve far exceeded the expectations of most of us to get to the semis.

I noticed you didn't say you'd support Ireland.  I wonder why.

Wes, you literally cross a fucking sea to another country to march in celebration of a battle 320 years ago between two countries, neither of which you're from, every fucking year.  Don't lecture me about petty nationalist grudges you utter weapon.

I noticed you didn't say you'd support Ireland.  I wonder why.
Wes, you literally cross a fucking sea to another country to march in celebration of a battle 320 years ago between two countries, neither of which you're from, every fucking year.  Don't lecture me about petty nationalist grudges you utter weapon.

Just enjoy the football Pep.[emoji6]

27 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

Lol @ fawning jocks actively supporting England. 

The hugely worrying thing is that if England win it, we'll get the ''My great grandfather's inbred wife was English'' pothunting p***ks coming out of the wardrobes here, there and everywhere, and then supporting England in future tournaments.

We are wee, naff, servile, wee p***ks, but we are ''canny/cannae (quite literally when it come to fitba, ye ken?)'' Jocks who will somehow end up 50 years down the line (if we don't vote for independence) end up with something like the The England and Wales cricket board being the The England and Scotland football team, with the odd friendly against pish played at Ibrox.

AH f**k IT! END THE UNION! FREEDOM! WILLIAM WALLACE! HRVATSKA, GET THESE c***s OOT!

3 hours ago, Kejan said:

The hugely worrying thing is that if England win it, we'll get the ''My great grandfather's inbred wife was English'' pothunting p***ks coming out of the wardrobes here, there and everywhere, and then supporting England in future tournaments.

We are wee, naff, servile, wee p***ks, but we are ''canny/cannae (quite literally when it come to fitba, ye ken?)'' Jocks who will somehow end up 50 years down the line (if we don't vote for independence) end up with something like the The England and Wales cricket board being the The England and Scotland football team, with the odd friendly against pish played at Ibrox.

giphy.gif

No chance.

AH f**k IT! END THE UNION! FREEDOM! WILLIAM WALLACE! HRVATSKA, GET THESE c***s OOT!

Classic small hours of a Sunday type post [emoji38][emoji482]

9 hours ago, RedRob72 said:

France, Denmark and the ROI aren’t part of the same family of Nations as us though Pep, you know where I’m coming from. It just feels right to offer a wee bit of support to the other British teams, when we aren’t represented. I’d feel the same if it was just Wales or Northern Ireland playing in Russia.

Of course they are - the European Union.

I present a very bad article. 
“Why proud Scots should now support England”
https://bit.ly/2zgF8iM
Jesus what a pile of shite.

Tbh, the measure of the writer is to be found early on in his "tennents and square sausage" comment. Go and f**k yourself m8. I will never support another club than Falkirk and will never support another country than Scotland.

We are hated in roughly equal measure down there as they are up here. That I have seen with my own eyes. IE, there are fannies who take it too far on both sides. Another point that isnt really hard to understand.

I also like how he mentions their cringeworthy German hate and sweeps it aside almost as quickly. Considering the context of the article, it really frames how pathetic it is. England are desperate for us to support the teams they play.

Once again, there is absolutely ZERO credible reason to expect someone of one country to support the team of another. Not a single one.

10 hours ago, RedRob72 said:

"Family of nations." Lol.

Do we not all have actual family who are Rangers fans, and we want to see them lose every week?

And besides, Northern Ireland? That country with fans who send bullets to their own players? Half of Northern Ireland can't support Northern Ireland so neither will I.

10 hours ago, Roker Rover said:

Life really is far too short to waste this much angst and negativity on something you have no control over anyway.

^^^ No understanding of what it means to be a football fan ^^^

4 minutes ago, GordonS said:

^^^ No understanding of what it means to be a football fan ^^^

I realise this was directed at a specific poster but it might actually be the best summary for the morons who continually try to turn international sport into some sort of feeble political credit.

Its football. England are our rivals. That is more than enough to want them not to win, and thats before these fannies acknowledge then immediately excuse the wall of cringy biased coverage we endure due to commonality of media. 

19 minutes ago, Sooky said:

I present a very bad article. 

“Why proud Scots should now support England”

https://bit.ly/2zgF8iM

Exactly the type of article that reinforces my opinion that the English are, in general, arseholes. 

11 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Jesus what a pile of shite.

Tbh, the measure of the writer is to be found early on in his "tennents and square sausage" comment. Go and f**k yourself m8. I will never support another club than Falkirk and will never support another country than Scotland.

We are hated in roughly equal measure down there as they are up here. That I have seen with my own eyes. IE, there are fannies who take it too far on both sides. Another point that isnt really hard to understand.

I also like how he mentions their cringeworthy German hate and sweeps it aside almost as quickly. Considering the context of the article, it really frames how pathetic it is. England are desperate for us to support the teams they play.

Once again, there is absolutely ZERO credible reason to expect someone of one country to support the team of another. Not a single one.

Exactly this. England w**k themselves other the prospect of beating Germany despite the Germans not really giving a shit.

Archived