England's Glorious Failure

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

Danny Murphy there - "I watched Colombia against Senegal and I felt they were lucky. If we play with the same intensity as we did against Tunisia (2-1, last minute goal) and Panama (Panama), then we'll be fine. I think we'll win". Aye, just conveniently forget to mention their 3-0 win over Poland, Danny. 

Until recently I genuinely wasn't arsed what England did in the tournament, but after being subjected to cocky arseholes comments like this over the past few days I'm now in full ABE mode. 

Get them fucking oot. 

He maybe didn't see that game.Which is maybe just as well, he might have called the Polish keeper "a clown".

41 minutes ago, Mayor Wilkins III said:

So that's the brilliant Sweden team then. :lol:

While some folk are massively over rating them, they're exactly the type of side who end up in the Semi Final without anyone giving them a second glance before. 

Solid at the back and capable of sneaking a goal at a set piece. 

Then v England seems like exactly the type of game which goes to penalties. 

1 minute ago, John Lambies Doos said:

I'm sure it's the same in every country still in it. I honestly couldn't care less who wins tonight... Too many chips on shoulders in our country.

As Confucious once said, "What you don't know can't piss you off", so the fact that I'm not subjected to Colombian pundits on a daily basis means that I can't hold it against them. 

6 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:

I'm sure it's the same in every country still in it. I honestly couldn't care less who wins tonight... Too many chips on shoulders in our country.

I don't think any chips in the shoulder are required to want England beat.  If say it's more representative of a chip on the shoulder to make comments like yours. 

It's the oldest rivalry in the game, plus they govern our country with contempt and avarice.  They could play isis I'd be hoisting a black flag for the day.  No chips involved.  I can't fkn wait for them to go out and enjoy it immensely every time.

As Confucious once said, "What you don't know can't piss you off", so the fact that I'm not subjected to Colombian pundits on a daily basis means that I can't hold it against them. 

Fair nuff. I say fair play to them.. I'd love it if our media bigged us up, might help our national confidence

12 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:

Maybe if we all got Swedish football coverage in Scotland we would grow to hate them too, but instead we just get Scandi noir which is generally excellent.

In fact England making a shite version of Wallander is another axe to grind which never occurred to me until now.

33 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:

Why is everyone so anti English on this thread?

It’s all just some footy bantz. Exactly the same feelings as when I want anyone to beat Sevco/Sellick. I like the English. I just want their football team papped oot ASAP.

31 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

While some folk are massively over rating them, they're exactly the type of side who end up in the Semi Final without anyone giving them a second glance before. 

Solid at the back and capable of sneaking a goal at a set piece. 

Then v England seems like exactly the type of game which goes to penalties. 

They are exactly the kind of side England generally don't play well against: very hard to break down and capable of scoring on the counter attack. They're not a world class side, but a difficult team to play against. England never like playing against these kind of teams. If England win tonight, the QF won't be easy for them (not saying they won't win it though).

50 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:

Why is everyone so anti English on this thread?

You mean why does everyone want the England football to lose? Because you surely aren't implying that folk on here are anti English as in anti people of England?

1 hour ago, Cerberus said:

Australians are c***s as well. Get them to f**k.

Not sure how that works on the anti-English bitter-o-meter.

Aren't the Australians basically the English, only less polite?

On 02/07/2018 at 11:30, Scary Bear said:

England have Kane, Dele Alli, Lingard, Rashford and Sterling. Most teams would be happy enough with those attacking options.

There's not one of them that could get in France's squad, never mind their team. France were able to leave Benzema at home. How many of the England team have won the Champions League four times?

Some could get in the squad, but none could get a game for Brazil, Uruguay or Belgium. There might be supporting spots for Poland and Portgual, but certainly not as main striker. Only Kane could get a game for Argentina or Spain. Do any of them get in front of Mandzukic? Probably not, and not in central midfield either.

Rashford and Lingard aren't in the same class as Lukaku or James Rodriguez, who aren't in the same class as Griezmann or Mbappe. As for Dele Alli, he very much flatters to deceive. 

Archived