Cheap flights sites

Girth

55 minutes ago, lanky_ffc said:

Last couple of trips I've booked for me and my better half have been on Skyscanner. If you've got dates in mind and aren't too fussed where you want to go, the wildcard search is great.

Skyscanner is great, especially for direct flights to popular destinations. If you're going somewhere a bit more unusual it's worth checking the airlines and destinations flying  from and to where you're going, and what flight combinations are cheapest and most convenient. Skyscanner doesn't always cover the best and cheapest options, it's always good for first indications and where to start looking though.

P.S. You can also find cheaper and/or more convenient flights by using different airports on the return leg.

Edited by welshbairn

On 4/18/2018 at 16:24, Pie Of The Month said:

Not a site but Jack's Flight Club's emails are pretty good for giving cheap deals on flights. There's a free email and a subscription service.

They tend to use Momondo and Google Flights for searching going by some of the screenshots as well as SkyScanner. 

A second vote for Jack's Flight Club.  I'm just in their free service but you do find some decent deals in there.  I like the fact you've no idea where the email will suggest going to until the email comes in.  Currently planning a trip to San Francisco for my 30th which I wouldn't have done without his email saying you can get flights for £300 return.

• 1 year later...
43 minutes ago, MirandaR said:

The best  flight booking website, and usually the cheapest, is that of the airlines. By all means use the likes of Kayak, Skyscanner, Matrix, or any other cheap flight site to search for options, but once you've selected a flight take it direct to the airline for booking.

They're especially poor for connecting flights, you can usually find much better deals by playing around with routes and airlines.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 03/01/2020 at 17:59, Adam101 said:

I do yeh

Have thought about joining up to it.  How many emails do you get if you join?   Planning a trip to Canada this year so imagine this would save me a bit of dosh...

3 hours ago, The Minertaur said:

Have thought about joining up to it.  How many emails do you get if you join?   Planning a trip to Canada this year so imagine this would save me a bit of dosh...

I get loads probably too many just now especially with all the January sales but I think it's worth seeing the wide range of deals most deals tend to be for America which I have no interest in but I get a great deal to Toronto via his website and was there long enough to go to Montreal and come back to Toronto to fly out of there but often he has multi city deals

ETA

Screenshot_20200108-143837.jpg

Edited by Adam101