Queens v Dundee United

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Last home game against a inform Untied team .
Easy away win for Untied in what has been another poor season for us especially at home 
We just can't defend especially at home just give teams easy goals .

You were saying ?

Am I right in remembering Mohsni’s last appearance at Palmerston was with Rangers when we gubbed them 3-0? Happy days....

I commented today that I thought our midfield was the best we had all season, with Jacobs and Thomson working really hard all game protecting the defence.

It was a bit surreal, United had tons of possession but for all their neat passing they weren’t able to find the final ball, Leighfield didn’t have to make any great saves, just the one decent block I can remember.

That all said, I didn’t really relax until injury time, we’ve squandered so many leads this season......

I thought Dykes was MOM, he put himself about all game and is playing with confidence. His lay-off for Murray’s goal was exquisite, although what a strike from young Conor!

And that was the much-maligned Mercer’s best game.

Pity the season has to end.

Yeah excellent from us but United were completely ineffectual. They probably had more of the ball but we were fairly comfortable throughout. They hit the bar late on and Jack made one really good block at feet but I never felt threatened with our lead.

Both full backs at fault for our first I expect. During the 9th minute Derek Lyle applause. Thomas got in down the right and had all the time in the world to pick out the unmarked Dykes at the back post to fire in via Mehmet.

2nd one we had a number of men over again and though the ball fell behind all of them there was time for Thomson to turn back and collect it before meandering across the box and netting via a deflection.

Third came when Connor Murray finally did with his first touch what he has threatened most of the season and volleyed in from distance over the keeper from Dykes knock down.

Thomson and Jacobs won the midfield battle. Brownlie and Fordyce completed dominated Mikkelsen this time (& Lyng and Mohsni when they went up there). Dykes gave the back line a hard time. United's only occasional threat came from McDonald dropping into space between midfield and defence and playing some clever stuff but nobody else was on his wavelength. If Mehmet is a better keeper than Lewis then Lewis must have really regressed from his early season form. Deniz was shaky all game.

Much as I love Dobs, man of the match was laughable. Sponsors must have been fanboys or heavily drunk. I think I would have gone for Jacobs but Thomson or Dykes or either centre back would all have been decent shouts. 

Good day at Palmerston though. Just frustrating we havent produced that more at home. If we had we would be playoff bound.

That was thoroughly enjoyable.

They had all of the ball, while we had all of the chances.  

I know better than to take anything for granted, but with Brechin ahead next week, we must have a good chance of finishing with three straight wins.  If we could have put something like that together at any point over the last few months, we'd have been in business this season.  

Obviously, other clubs could say the same, but it's been a frustrating season.  For once, we've had a decent away record.  We also have the genius that is Dobbie, getting to play in a weak division.  I think we've been pretty poor over the piece, but by simply being a little less poor, our season could have had an exciting ending.  

3 hours ago, QoS_1919 said:

Will miss Lyle, would have been more fitting though if it was the big Dundee team we played as he enjoyed his time there too. Still a nice send off for him and wish him all the best. 

Ten years playing for the QOS mediocre shite, just about 'tan mans' limit.

8 hours ago, skinny arab said:

Last 3 games, 3 clean sheets. Csabas thoughts ........ hmmmm lets give Scobbie a game. Couldn't make the game so no idea if Scobbie coming in contributed to the result but my point is why change a defence that has worked for the last 3 games?

He was utter shite. Him and Murdoch were just appalling. 

6 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

I know United fans will say otherwise but that's a baffling result. Just when they seem to have turned a corner, 3-0 at a side planning their holidays? Bizarre.

Hopefully we make the top four and play such a generous United team.

It is the United way.

7 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

I know United fans will say otherwise but that's a baffling result. Just when they seem to have turned a corner, 3-0 at a side planning their holidays? Bizarre.

Baffling result? On our day we're more than capable of giving any team a humping, as well you know.

Our problem has been we've been constantly inconsistent. Real sugar or sh*team with nowt in between.

7 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Nothing baffles me any more about United, except clean sheets and wins. We have no chance against you lot in the playoffs. Oh well.

16 hours ago, Dumfries Boy(new acc) said:

Was a meaniless game but probaly one of my favourite games of the season(maybe because it was sunny),felt a good feeling around palmy that has been missing throughout the season and although Dundee had the possesion didn't threaten leighfield,probaly should've had more 

Please do not confuse us with that shite ever again. 

Thank you. 

17 hours ago, Dumfries Boy(new acc) said:

Was a meaniless game but probaly one of my favourite games of the season(maybe because it was sunny),felt a good feeling around palmy that has been missing throughout the season and although Dundee had the possesion didn't threaten leighfield,probaly should've had more 

Ta.

1 hour ago, Dee Man said:

Thank you. 

Maybe if you and a few of your colleagues didn’t post continually on every United thread it would be less confusing.

Archived