• Created
  • Last Reply

Not to be a total failure

Not to kill off the academy

Not to replace one set of disinterested players with another

Not to sideline out highest paid player

not to realise that H arris and i hate are hash

etc etc

Not to be a total failure - Kept us up(hopefully)

Not to kill off the academy - Hartleys decision?????

Not to replace one set of disinterested players with another - Which of Hartleys signings hasnt pulled their weight?

not to realise that H arris and i hate are hash - Loy has looked more disinterested than most and Harris was given a 2 year deal.

etc etc

Points answered I think

OP needs to get a grip. Hartley is working with Houston’s duds plus a wee band he managed to bring in in January (with a few of them missing tonight).

Hartley’s biggest issue will come if he tries to keep this season’s duds on the books. This summer is the biggest test of his managerial career. By all means judge him next season, but this season, he was handed a poisoned chalice filled to the brim with players who shouldn’t be anywhere near FFC.

Hartley didn’t kill the academy. Loy sidelined himself. He didn’t sign Harris or O’Hara. It’s Hartley’s “disinterested players” that have gotten us out of the bottom two despite the duds they are playing with.

i just don’t know how you define “total failure” in the context of this season. He came in with aim of getting us out of the bottom two. All the stuff about the “top four juggernaut” was fans having a laugh. Precious few really took it seriously.

Hartley has to race the horse he has until the summer. Then we will see what he is really made of.

Certainly going to be under a  lot of pressure to put together a team able to challenge for the title basically from scratch over the next summer. Most fans wouldve been behind him up to a few weeks ago. Performances since then though have been unacceptable in the main.

Hartley is a fucking terrible manager in fairness. Aside from a few moon howlers and diddies it's pretty much accepted by everyone who has even a passing interest in Scottish football. 

That said, I do genuinely believe he'll keep Falkirk up this season. 

If I’m being honest Hartley has made a number of decisions I wouldn’t agree with but has been a breath of fresh air in others. This season is a total right off and I can’t see how you can have formed an opinion either way giving the circumstances we are in. Hartley has a clean slate starting this summer for me, tbh I’m pretty excited to see what changes we see around the club over the next year.

Top four was Hartleys opening gambit
Do you think he maybe said that before he realised the extent of the job? Try to be realistic here and remember what state the players you mentioned left us in both pre and post Houstons departure.

Houstons legacy has already been soured by fucking chancers and talking about how Austin has been scoring goals makes it even worse. He downed tools same as plenty of others and never tried a leg for Hartley either. Dont talk about these players in the context of Hartley being a failure. They failed us more than Hartlry ever will.

5 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
minutes ago, Bofabairn said:
Not to be a total failure - Kept us up - just, if at all
Not to kill off the academy - Hartleys decision????? Totally
Not to replace one set of disinterested players with another - Which of Hartleys signings hasnt pulled their weight? Hazard longridge Welsh etc etc
not to realise that H arris and i hate are hash - Loy has looked more disinterested than most and Harris was given a 2 year deal.
etc etc FFS

There will be a good few wearing Falkirk jerseys right now who know they are gone in the summer. They are probably beyond motivation, and professional pride has been an issue through the entire season.

Let me express it again. I don’t think Hartley is a great man manager. I think he can identify players with the right mindset, not modify players with the wrong attitude.

His real strength has been as a team builder. That’s what he has to do this summer, and to do it, he has got to get nearly everyone out the door.

Archived