Complacent Loons v Up for it Spiders

We started well and lively but the goal seemed to knock us for a bit. White will get the pelters but it was a poor passback from Millen. Always find it disappointing when players get themselves facing the wrong way and think getting a goalie to kick it is better than their own capability. It was a horrible goal to lose and Forfar had a few decent chances thereafter, allowing White to redeem himself.

Second was all about us and we pummelled Forfar for the last 20 mins. Lovely worked goal, Cool Feet Luke very composed for the finish. Red card was crystal; two-handed shove. Only contention was it looked a penalty.

Amazingly we still have a quarter-chance. Raith winning means Ayr will be tanking Albion but we'll have a helluva job taking three points from Arbroath. And we're playing at home. More the Temple of Doom than Theatre of Dreams this season.

MotM: Sean Burns

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good highlights package. At the time I thought the push was well inside the box, but although clearly a foul, the ref got it right as just outside. Agree with BYOS that the pass-back was lazy, but at the time I saw no  panic and don't know why White saw the need to take a touch. I did think he made up for it with a few good stops.
We played well enough really, and thought Donnelly was effective, but the Forfar keeper was outstanding again, and Easton is a very good player....that wee bit of quality and consistency makes the difference over the course of a season. Each game we play seems to be a summary of our season.

Aye, your last sentence sums it up. Close on so many occasions to a win, but just failing to get there.

We were terrific in the second half and deserved better, but their keeper played a blinder. After his time wasting in the first half and his gestures at half time, he deserved to have a howler. Sadly, he didn't.

Still in with a shout next week at Fortress Hampden. Sigh.....

Unbelievably still all to play for next week. Although, their keeper had a great game yesterday, we still showed a complete lack of composure in front of goal yet again - a game it looks like we should have won. Were creating the chances, so a big positive to take into next Saturday.

Pre prepared Gus rants kept in saved items for one more week.

Sorry to disappoint but Gus got the balance spot on. Plenty of attacking, lots of good chances and the defence would have had a shut-out if Mikey had made a better decision. Forfar tried hard as well so we were properly challenged. Good performance, just short in the result.

That's the best Jim Weir interview I've (almost!) heard him give for us, hopefully he can back it up over the Summer.

With our injuries and already being safe thought we did OK and no-one could say we phoned it in.

McCallum was again outstanding, the save from the header in the first half just superb, thoroughly deserved motm and poty awards for us.

Good luck Queens but will be difficult beating Arbroath I reckon.

Good luck Queens but will be difficult beating Arbroath I reckon.

Congrats due to your board for making a big decision at the right time. Weir's a good guy at this level and your players have responded. Strong possibility of no FT teams in L1 next term so you might have the happy days you hope for.

Desperately hoping Arbroath rest their experience players but really it's all about whether our guys are up for it and take a breath in front of goal.

7 hours ago, Velvet Donkey said:

Good highlights package. At the time I thought the push was well inside the box, but although clearly a foul, the ref got it right as just outside. Agree with BYOS that the pass-back was lazy, but at the time I saw no  panic and don't know why White saw the need to take a touch. I did think he made up for it with a few good stops.
We played well enough really, and thought Donnelly was effective, but the Forfar keeper was outstanding again, and Easton is a very good player....that wee bit of quality and consistency makes the difference over the course of a season. Each game we play seems to be a summary of our season.

I think that Donnelly is by far the best passer of the ball we have. He also has good vision which we lack elsewhere.

33 minutes ago, spiders4ever said:

I think that Donnelly is by far the best passer of the ball we have. He also has good vision which we lack elsewhere.

Agreed, hope he stays with us next season. I really think he has the potential to be a very good player at this level, just needs to add the consistency. Think he'll be a key player next year if he stays 

On ‎22‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 11:22, Velvet Donkey said:

Agree with BYOS that the pass-back was lazy, but at the time I saw no  panic and don't know why White saw the need to take a touch.

Aye, this.  All he had to do was blooter it up the park first time, especially with the striker bearing down on him.  I thought he did well to come back from that, some decent stops in the first half to make up for it, so he showed he has some character. Their goalie was different class though, that one he touched onto the bar from Keena first half but especially in the second half, although there were a couple of chances where he should have been given no chance. I'm thinking the two headers from Orr. Not sure how he contrived to put his second one over the bar.  

At least we've taken it to the last day. If you'd  said to me after Stranraer that we would only take 2 points from our next 5 games then I would have expected us to be down by now....but on we go

Archived