Complacent Loons v Up for it Spiders

Let's get it started. Hopefully the Forfar players will be looking forward to the two weeks at their gran's caravan this summer whilst our gallant lads will be keen as mustard to string this shite season out another few weeks with a win.

If there's one thing I can be sure of with Queen's it's effort. That and a feckin heap of luck that we don't ever seem to attract will hopefully keep us in the race to stay in the division. 4 points from the 2 games might do it.

Keena must come good again. This is the week.

Keep the Faith!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We've mustered 12 points (16 games) since the Xmas fixture, probably our best away game, whilst Forfar have lifted 22 points. Can't argue with that. Jim Weir did a good job at Elgin and looks like he's doing the same at Forfar. Memory tells me near neighbours Brechin had a poor season two years ago, came good at the end and then got promotion the following season so who knows where Forfar will go next term. For now, as HD says, it would be nice if end-of-season-lethargy blows over them and we get a wee break for once.

1 hour ago, nofixedability said:

I'd like to see some of the younger guys that have filled the bench all season actually get some game time.

Could that leave us open to cries of putting out a 'weakened team' and seem to be favouring QP over AR? If it was a game were neither team had anything really to play for I would agree, but when the 2 teams below us are fighting for potential league survival, not so sure it's a good idea. 

1 hour ago, Kwaka Mal said:

Could that leave us open to cries of putting out a 'weakened team' and seem to be favouring QP over AR? If it was a game were neither team had anything really to play for I would agree, but when the 2 teams below us are fighting for potential league survival, not so sure it's a good idea. 

Perhaps, but both QP and Albion have games this weekend against teams with nothing to play for. Given the injuries we currently have doubt it would be to problematic plus I'm speaking about guys that have been in the matchday squad nearly all season and I doubt they could be any less inept than some of out " first eleven" performances this season.

26 minutes ago, nofixedability said:

Given the injuries we currently have doubt it would be to problematic plus I'm speaking about guys that have been in the matchday squad nearly all season and I doubt they could be any less inept than some of out " first eleven" performances this season.

Good point  ;)

34 minutes ago, nofixedability said:

Perhaps, but both QP and Albion have games this weekend against teams with nothing to play for. Given the injuries we currently have doubt it would be to problematic plus I'm speaking about guys that have been in the matchday squad nearly all season and I doubt they could be any less inept than some of out " first eleven" performances this season.

I'm pretty sure that an alleged "weaker" Forfar team would still give us a game, given our current inability to defend properly or score goals ( unless Keena is on his game )

Time for our players to really step up and show us how much they really want to stay in this division. A win here would give us a great chance no matter what the Rovers score is, seeing as they have to go to Ayr last game. Let's at least take it to the last day 

Think we've lost the last home league game on at least the last 3 years - players too busy wondering if they'll be picking up the POTY award at full-time.  Can see this disappointing trend continuing.

Long term injured Scott, Kennedy and McBride (although some on here may say in McBride's case "not long term enough") joined by Malone and Aitken (and possibly Peters).  We've not really got that many more to rest. 

Think Jim will want to win the last 2 games and hopefully make the final tables look fairly convincing. (Hopefully the players do too)  I reckon he'll go with the usual suspects.  McCallum, Bain, Whyte, Travis and Munro at the back, Easton, Millar, Dingwall and MacKintosh in the middle with either MacIver added to the midfield or Hurst joining Hilson up front.  2 outfield subs plus Adam. :) 

56 minutes ago, Mick1867 said:

A win here would give us a great chance no matter what the Rovers score is, seeing as they have to go to Ayr last game. Let's at least take it to the last day 

If it goes to the last day I think we can forget it.  Arbroath at Hampden is the least likely fixture for us to sneak anything, and we're out the game on goal difference. My guess is it all comes down to winning more points than Albion on Saturday. Unfortunately we have to rely on East Fife!

37 minutes ago, dee_62 said:

Think we've lost the last home league game on at least the last 3 years - players too busy wondering if they'll be picking up the POTY award at full-time.  Can see this disappointing trend continuing.

Long term injured Scott, Kennedy and McBride (although some on here may say in McBride's case "not long term enough") joined by Malone and Aitken (and possibly Peters).  We've not really got that many more to rest. 

Think Jim will want to win the last 2 games and hopefully make the final tables look fairly convincing. (Hopefully the players do too)  I reckon he'll go with the usual suspects.  McCallum, Bain, Whyte, Travis and Munro at the back, Easton, Millar, Dingwall and MacKintosh in the middle with either MacIver added to the midfield or Hurst joining Hilson up front.  2 outfield subs plus Adam. :) 

I thought Munro was truggling a bit towards the end of the last game too. A couple of times he did not pull up right, and ran on further than necessary, before feeling the back of his leg. Also at a throw-in Bain went to throw the ball to him, when he was in the clear, and he shook his head. McNaughton back in, possibly?

5 hours ago, nofixedability said:

I'd like to see some of the younger guys that have filled the bench all season actually get some game time. Don't really care about the result but then that might produce a better performance with the pressure off.

I'm reminded of the Georgia v Scotland game in 2007. Georgia put on a couple of teenagers who ripped us a new one. I'll settle for your regular every-other-week duffers please.

48 minutes ago, Velvet Donkey said:

If it goes to the last day I think we can forget it.  Arbroath at Hampden is the least likely fixture for us to sneak anything, and we're out the game on goal difference. My guess is it all comes down to winning more points than Albion on Saturday. Unfortunately we have to rely on East Fife!

I'm reminded of Scotland in just about every World Cup finals we reached.

Agree with your Abroath scenario; we've hardly won a tackle against them all season.

1 hour ago, Velvet Donkey said:

If it goes to the last day I think we can forget it.  Arbroath at Hampden is the least likely fixture for us to sneak anything,

Aye but remember they'll have a play off game a few days later to prepare for. I'm hoping they'll maybe not be as up for it as much as us. I'm clutching at any straws available to be honest

Archived