• Announcements

• Div

Pie and Bovril Nostalgia Mobile Phone Cases!   12/09/18

We are delighted to have partnered up with Nostalgia Cases to offer a huge range of fantastic Scottish Football phone cases to our visitors. These high quality cases are available in a range of retro and up to date designs and there variations available for all Premiership, Championship and League 1 clubs as well as four of the League 2 teams. Within each club there are a range of choices. You'll find it difficult to choose! This is an Edinburgh based start-up, and they also provide a custom design service so if there is a kit you don't see that you'd love for your phone you can get in touch with them and they'll add it to their range. Naturally there is a HUGE support for all the major phone manufacturers and models and what's more delivery in the UK is completely FREE. What's even better is that Pie and Bovril users can get 10% off their order using the coupon code PIEANDBOV Take a look and browse the full range for your favourite club by clicking through to the website below. https://bit.ly/2M5laZs

Scott Robinson: Disappointed he hasn't had more of a run in the team, any time he seems to build up a bit of form he picks up a wee niggling injury and he's out for a few weeks. Has popped up with some incredibly important goals, away to Falkirk, away to ICT and most recently a topper at home to United. Wouldn't be surprised if his goals per minute ratio is the best at the club at the moment - 7.5/10.

Jack McMillan: Wasn't sure if he'd disappeared into oblivion after our last home game against Brechin a few months ago, was glad when he signed permanently as he offers us a bit more defensive stability down the right. Not a starter yet, but I imagine he'll get a good shot at it next season if we're in the Championship. Would rate him higher but he's been in and out of the team - 6.5/10.

Ross Brown: Injured for months then couldn't get in the team before being shipped out to Airdrie. Can't comment on how good he is because nobody ever seen him play. Sorry, Ross, but - 1/10.

Josh Peters: Unlike Brown, I did actually see Peters play a few times - looked like a bit of a handful, albeit a bit raw. No surprise he was loaned to Forfar, never to be seen again - 1/10.

Nikolay Todorov: I still maintain that one of our finest individual performances this season came from the big Bulgarian at home to United last October. 70 minutes at centre-half keeping what is, on paper at least, a very decent unit of attacking players quiet alongside Halkett and Lithgow, before moving up front and clinching the win with a decent finish. Was sorry to see the back of him, seemed like one of the good guys but was never going to be starting for us realistically. I couldn't even bring myself to be raging when he scored for Queens against us a few weeks ago. Nikolay, we'll meet again - 7/10.

Neil Alexander: As soon as I read that he was leaving Aberdeen, I knew he would end up with us. Couldn't see him ending up at any of the top flight clubs, and wrapping things up with ourselves made perfect sense for the man. Pulled off a worldie against Kilmarnock in pre-season on his debut, and he's been pretty consistent ever since. Played his part in a complete cock-up against Dunfermline last year, pinging the ball off Jackson Longridge for one of those comical own goals I've yet to see us benefit from. The downside of having a 40 year-old in goals is that he isn't the most agile at times, but some of his saves have been phenomenal: see his saves against Dunfermline and St Mirren recently. Would love to see him stay for one more year, and it's looking likely - 10/10.

James Penrice: I'll be gutted for the boy if he's relegated with Thistle. Played out of his skin for us and was an absolute star wide left and in central midfield, and we've not really replaced him, particularly in the former. I believe he's out of contract in the summer, and I'd love to see him back here. If I'm reading correctly, he's only made two appearances for Thistle in the league since he's went back - that can't be right? A good talent and a local lad to boot; if we go up (somehow), he'll have more than played his part in setting us on our way in the first half of the season - 9/10.

Dylan Mackin: Utterly marmite. Not shocked that he's still our joint top scorer now, with three league games to go, even though he left in January; seems to have an uncanny knack for getting goals but IMO his lack of mobility prevents him from being a genuine option starting in this system Hopkin is using. Only 1 goal in the league for us against FT clubs is a worry though; if we stay in this division, I'd be hoping we could get someone a bit more mobile in - 6/10.

Joe Thomson: Was excited with this one, given the rave reviews he was getting from Queens fans. Looked a baller for 15 minutes on his debut against St Mirren, tried a Hollywood ball which failed miserably and wasn't in the game thereafter. 10 minutes cameo in a Challenge Cup game against Morton before slinking back off to Celtic after he didn't make the starting lineup vs TNS. Naturally, he scored at Palmerston against us, which I'm sure is a great consolation to him - 1/10.

Jordan Thompson: Nothing spectacular, can keep things ticking over in midfield but doesn't provide the same energy or intensity that Pittman, Byrne, Jacobs or Robinson can. Put in an outstanding shift away to Falkirk down the left and put in a magic cross for Hardie to head in, apart from that he's not really done much of note. I'd be hoping we could sign up someone with a bit more about them come the summer - 6/10.

Lee Miller: Yes, I was definitely very skeptical about this one given the noises Falkirk fans were making. A player who you hate playing against, given his infuriating clever knack of drawing free kicks. How wrong was I? Has provided an excellent foil for Hardie since January and his overhead kick against St Mirren was a terrific finish. Glad he's signed up for next season as his experience will be a good asset either way - 8/10.

Gregor Buchanan: Has provided some much-needed cover at CB and hasn't really put a foot wrong so far in his limited game time. Looked shaky down at Palmerston and it was no surprise he was hooked at half time; if, as expected, Halkett leaves this summer I'd be more than happy with him coming into the team - 6.5/10.

Steven Boyd: Similar excitement to Joe Thomson, with almost the same net effect; a few appearances, marked with possibly the worst pass completion rate in the club's history, and that's about it. If he learned when to pass the ball instead of running with it all the time, he'd probably be a decent player at this level. No surprise he's off early - 1/10.

Adam Frizzell: Early days yet, and hopefully not a hat-trick in the "exciting Scottish youngster hyped by former club's fans" category. Hopefully gives us something extra in the play-offs, looks a very skilful player and would be good if he could get a bit of form in the next three games - 4/10.

Ryan Hardie: Let's be honest - a club the size and budget of Livingston shouldn't have a player like this starting for them every game. A few fans started (jokingly, I think) suggesting we should go for him not long after Danny Mullen left for St Mirren; I was stunned that we'd actually pulled it off, and we haven't regretted it. His debut goal showed exactly what we'd been missing up until that point; even though it was a cock-up on Dumbarton's part, the awareness of an actual striker was plain for everyone to see. The thumping header away to Falkirk was a stunner; his volley against St Mirren was a tremendous finish, and would've been goal of the day had Lee Miller not produced that overhead kick; his injury time winner against United was a fucking raker. Then, cult status was totally assured when he flew back from playing with Scotland U21s the night before, to come off the bench against Queen of the South and finish off a lovely team move. His lob against Dumbarton was pure class and he is by far and away the most complete forward player we've had since we were in the SPL. There's not a hope in hell of us hanging on to him, but regardless of what happens between now and the end of May, he'll definitely have cult hero status at the club. Hopefully he can incite #scenes a few more times before he departs - ∞/10.

Overall, some decent business from us, especially trading Mullen for Hardie and Miller essentially. Can't blame Hopkin for Brown or Peters, two cheap punts who we would've been raving about if they had turned out like Scott Pittman and Josh Mullin, for example. Boyd will have been a major disappointment for him personally, given he'd been wanting him for the best part of 18 months, but other than that, he's got to be happy.

3 hours ago, Bairney The Dinosaur said:

How could Mitchell be anything more than 1. He played 2 games and got injured for the season.

He has done more in them two games than some have done in 20+

Alan Martin - a big disappointment. Not sure if the injuries were totally to blame for his lack of movement but even in the pre- injury games he looked wooden.Hopefully he can do better next season.

Shaun Rooney - in terms of raw ability and athleticism he should be one of first names on teamsheet. Unfortunately , his lack of footballing intelligence cancels out his talent. Needs a good coach to talk him through the basics and completely eradicate the dreadful defending that he delivers not to mention the needless fouls that he commits in dangerous positions.

Callum Fordyce - has generally been ok. Can slot in at RB which is a bonus. Has to take his share of responsibility for our dreadful goals against column

Jason Kerr - carried our defence and was a huge miss when he returned to Saints. Carries a big threat in opposition box. A very good loan signing.

Kyle Cameron - looks pretty ineffectual. Played well away at St Mirren but apart from that has struggled. The fact that he cannot oust either Fordyce or Brownlie when they have been conceding goals for fun is not a good sign.

Myles Beerman - I thought he looked neat and tidy in midfield on the rare occasions that he played. He actually tried to keep hold of the ball and for that reason was probably never destined to fit in.

Joe Thomson - a very enthusiastic player who gives his all. Struggles when he has to dictate play from midfield because his passing is limited. When pushed into advanced positions he is at his best - has great shot and can get ahead of ball which is a bonus. Decent player who scores goals.

Andy Stirling - was a good signing. Has pace, two good feet, can beat players both ways but despite these positives was constantly overlooked in favour of Connor Murray and/or James McFadden.???? Being an understudy to Faddy in his heyday was nothing to be ashamed off but not the Faddy that we saw. I will leave it at that.

James McFadden - see above

Dom Thomas - hugely talented player but by wanting to play wide right when he is "all left foot" limits his effectiveness. Certainly good enough to grace Palmerston but he should be playing Premier football.

Chris Kane - should have been playing for us every week but used sparingly initially. GN would have to explain the rationale. Manager seemed shocked when he was recalled but his reluctance to use him didn't help.Since returning to Saints he has done very well and scored goals.Quick and great work ethic.

Josh Todd - played very well at Tannadice but has been ineffective in almost every other game. I do think he is decent though but needs to start proving it.Manager must rate him or he would be getting the Andy Stirling treatment.

Todorov - a big honest guy who works hard for team but looks limited

14 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:

He's now worse than a striker who can't get off the bench at alloa?
Slowly and clearly.

Correct.

Alex Harris - 2/10- That’s being generous, the least said the better.

Rory Loy- 2/10- 1 goal this season just simply isn’t good enough. Looked overweight and at times uninterested. Probably didn’t help he had some off field issues.

David Mitchell- 6/10- kept two clean sheets before suffering a bad injury. Hopefully when he’s back he recovers the promise he had.

Louis Longridge - 6/10- Frustrates the life out of me. Doesn’t perform constantly enough however torn United a new one in the 6-1 drubbing.

Conrad Balatoni - 5/10- Look reassuring in the games he played and I was shocked his short deal wasn’t extended.

Jordan McGhee- 7/10- Probably one of Peter Houston’s best signings. Delighted when we signed him and he should probably be playing in the premiership.

Andrew Nelson- 6/10- A guy who isn’t the tallest but can fairly jump. He’s quick and hassles defenders. If he was more prolific he would be an outstanding signing.

Alex Jakubiak- 7/10- A player who you can see will play at a higher level. Touch of class about him and has magnificent skill. Again, sometimes his finishing let’s him down.

Tommy Robson- 6/10- Started off brightly for us and again performed brilliantly against Dundee United in the 6-1 game. Since then , for me, he’s went down hill. Wouldn’t bother me if he stays or goes next season.

Reghan Tumilty- 5/10- Again, stately brightly but has drastically underperformed in recent games. Hopefully he’ll be away back to County in the summer.

Sean Welsh- 5/10- Came in an immediately got injured and never heard of him in months. Came back in recent games and he’s no where near match fit and this is evident. Could be a decent player if given a decent pre-season.

Conor Hazard- 5/10- Not had a great deal to do in most games. Not made any spectacular saves of note and his kicking needs drastic improvement. Also at fault for ICT winner last week.

Ryan Blair- 5/10- Not featured as much as he’d probably hoped. Looked tidy and composed when he did get a chance.

A lot of really generous ratings there imo.

David Mitchell - He played a game and a half. Fair enough he played well enough but not enough to be able to judge him properly. N/A.

Connor Hazard - Meh. He’s not very good but probably better than both Thomson and Mutch. Nae idea how he got into the Northern Ireland squad right enough. 4/10.

Robbie Mutch - He’s still young and was only really signed to be 3rd choice and to be our under 20’s ‘keeper. He’s not very good. 3/10.

Reghan Tumilty - He’s been ok. Not great not shite but just fine. He’s pretty much done the job we expected from him and should be looking to improve on him next season. 5/10.

Conrad Balatoni - Signed a short term deal generally played well enough but with the abundance of centre backs we had it was the correct decision not to renew his deal. 5/10.

Jordan McGhee - By a distance our player of the year. Put in some decent shifts at left-back when we had nobody else to play there but he’s a great centre half for this level. 7.5/10.

Tommy Robson - Started off well but regressed quite a bit. Still far, far better than Tony Gallacher was though. Hopefully he’s kept on for next season. 6/10.

Alex Harris - Absolute shite. If by some miracle we are able to move him on in the summer it would be a great piece of business. 1/10.

Sean Welsh - He’s got absolutely nothing about him. 1/10.

Ryan Blair - Meh. He’s not had a lot of game time, started a few matches last month and he was ok without really contributing much. 3/10.

Louis Longridge - Probably the most infuriating player we’ve had since Higginbotham. He’s definitely got the talent and has shown he’s got the ability to run games at this level. But they games only come around every 4 or 5 and when he’s not on form the game either passes him by or he tries far too much on his own and constantly gives the ball away. If he can find just a little more consistently he could be a real stand out. 6/10.

Andy Nelson - Probably should’ve scored a good few more goals than he did but his work rate and commitment were great to see especially compared to the wasters we had up front the first half of the season. I doubt it’s possibly but would love to have him back next season. 5.5/10.

Alex Jakubiak - Started off really well but goals have dried up a bit for him lately though granted he’s not had a great deal of service. He’s quick, decent finisher and some strength. Another that I’d love to see back but can see him playing at a higher level. 6/10.

Rory Loy - I was absolutely delighted when he signed him back. He was brilliant with us 2 years ago and still looked good for St. Mirren last year but for whatever reason he’s just not the same player anymore. Probably our highest paid player and his performances have probably been on a par with Harris. Another with another year on his contact that we need to hope someone takes a punt on in the summer. 1/10.

Paul Hartley - I think some people forget just how absolutely rancid we were before he took over and particularly before he was able to get rid of some of the wasters in January and get some fresh players in. He’s kept us up and out the play offs which is all that could’ve been asked of him this season. If he manages to punt McKee, Harris and Loy in the summer I’ll love him forever.

Paul Hartley - I think some people forget just how absolutely rancid we were before he took over and particularly before he was able to get rid of some of the wasters in January and get some fresh players in. He’s kept us up and out the play offs which is all that could’ve been asked of him this season. If he manages to punt McKee, Harris and Loy in the summer I’ll love him forever.

Mckees contracts out is it not?

Mckees contracts out is it not?

Pretty sure he signed a 2 year contract last summer. Would be delighted to be proven wrong though.

On 4/17/2018 at 10:53, RiG said:

Felicitano Zschusschen – 0/10 – Another one of these signings who 1) looked "useful" against Clach and 2) was signed from a football agency. "Susan" turned out to be one of the worst players I have ever seen in the 20 + years I've been watching ICT and includes Dani Lopez. Disappeared from the side almost before the season had begun with his last outing being the mauling at EEP. Apparently injured for the rest of his time here but I suspect Robertson knew he had been sold a dud and he was secretly bundled up and hurled off the Kessock Bridge with bricks tied to his feet.

I can testify that while most of this post is accurate, the part about being useful against Clach is not.  He scored a flukely goal early on after the keeper ran out of his goal and passed the ball to him which he hoofed into the net.  After that point he looked...well awful.  Slow, cumbersome and absolutely bullied by the defenders of a mid-table Highland League side.  A complete con artist.

Elbouzedi looked decent when he came on last Saturday by the way.

Robert Thomson - Spends so long beating his first man that two or three are now on him, and he's still in his own half. Slows play down without much to show for it. There's some skill there, and he has shown an eye for goal on occasion, but for the more part he has been ineffective.  4/10

Bob McHugh - He made a promising enough start, but struggled more and more to make an impact as the season went on. Better off the bench than from the start. Truly awful in recent weeks. 3/10

Darren Barr - Clearly finished at this level, he may as well not have been there for the most part. Thankfully he didn't have to play much. 1/10

Gary Harkins - Shaky start but soon settled in and has been a class act in an area of the field that we shouldn't have any problems in. 9/10

Connor McManus - Some decent passing ability shown at times, but not much else. 2/10

Jack Iredale - Seemed a strange signing but benefited from a loan spell out and looks like a real quality player. 8/10

Ross Doohan - N/A.

Conor Brennan - He has done what he has had to do without much problem. 6/10.

Luca Gasparotto - Not quite the player he was, but not bad. 6/10

Frank Ross - There's some real quality there. Maybe doesn't get involved quite enough, but certainly not played enough. 7/10.

John Baird - Can score against the bottom sides, but he offers little else. Duffy's insistence on finding a place for him unbalances the team. 4/10 

Gary Fraser - Meh. Seems ok but not match sharp enough. 5/10

Now that we've had near enough a full season it is a good time to rate and review the signings brought in this season.
Declan McManus - Arrived to much ridicule of the vast majority of the league, especially Rovers fans, proved all of  his doubters wrong and has been excellent this season,  Seems a top-rate WUM as well, one of the boys who just #getsit.  9/10
Fraser Aird - Arrived to much the same reaction as McManus, however with a massive tone of hatred through it, from our own support as well (myself included). His performance against Livi made it seem like this was going to be a failed venture, however he's taken every further chance presented to him with both hands, been a stand-out player in every game he's been a part of and looked right up for it. Would like to see a bit more of him though 8/10
Dean Shiels - Classy midfielder who can completely calm the game down, was expected to be one of our key players this season and look a class above most of the division, don't think he's hit the level he is capable of at East End and his inclusion can leave our midfield looking a bit lightweight sometimes, quality player nonetheless 7/10
Jean-Yves M'voto - I'll admit to wondering what the f**k AJ was playing at when he signed, even beginning to believe we were moving to 3 at the back. Signed as a back-up player but has had to step in to the first-team due to injuries and suspensions, has been extremely solid when he's done so too, will be especially fondly remembered for his outstanding showing in his first start at home to Falkirk.  7/10
Aaron Splaine - Looked bright early on in the season drifting in and out of the first-team but suffered an unfortunate horror injury that's put him out for the season making it very difficult to judge and will quite possibly see him offloaded in the summer, hopefully not. 5/10
Andy Ryan - Pissed all over league 1 leading us to actually pay money for him, has looked okay in the small number of times he's played but would have expected more. Kept out the team by Smith early on and only really making substitute appearances thereafter. 4/10
Scott Lochhead - Signed as one for the future, started the season fairly well before being shunted out to Forfar on loan, hasn't been seen since returning. One to watch. 6/10
Lee Robinson - To my absolute horror saw him sign and immediately go into the starting line-up against Falkirk, to my delight I saw him absolutely boss that game and pick up the motm award as we stormed to victory. His record says it all, 10 clean sheets in 16 games for us since signing, clearly capable of howlers but hasn't shown that at East End, his performances do make me worry that he'll keep Murdoch out of returning and his signing makes me question why Cammy Gill should even bother turning up to training ,however that is to do with AJ not Robinson. 9/10
James Craigen - An apparently shite  player from one of our rivals who has been good for us....that sounds strangely familiar... 7/10
James Vincent - Meh  6/10
Daniel Armstrong - Hardly played. 3/10
Tom Beadling - Very good young player who will boss League 1 with Sunderland next season, would like to see us keep him. 8/10
Overall I think AJ has done some very shrewd business this season, any poor signings have been generally inconsequential, could have used him solidifying the obviously light midfield in summer rather than January, however he did get the issues fixed in the end.
Allowing Smith to go out on loan was and still is completely baffling, although McManus and Clark's performances have perhaps shown that is was justified. 
Grade - B+
This post

2 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:
On 4/16/2018 at 15:53, TheMessiah said:
Now that we've had near enough a full season it is a good time to rate and review the signings brought in this season.
Declan McManus - Arrived to much ridicule of the vast majority of the league, especially Rovers fans, proved all of  his doubters wrong and has been excellent this season,  Seems a top-rate WUM as well, one of the boys who just #getsit.  9/10
Fraser Aird - Arrived to much the same reaction as McManus, however with a massive tone of hatred through it, from our own support as well (myself included). His performance against Livi made it seem like this was going to be a failed venture, however he's taken every further chance presented to him with both hands, been a stand-out player in every game he's been a part of and looked right up for it. Would like to see a bit more of him though 8/10
Dean Shiels - Classy midfielder who can completely calm the game down, was expected to be one of our key players this season and look a class above most of the division, don't think he's hit the level he is capable of at East End and his inclusion can leave our midfield looking a bit lightweight sometimes, quality player nonetheless 7/10
Jean-Yves M'voto - I'll admit to wondering what the f**k AJ was playing at when he signed, even beginning to believe we were moving to 3 at the back. Signed as a back-up player but has had to step in to the first-team due to injuries and suspensions, has been extremely solid when he's done so too, will be especially fondly remembered for his outstanding showing in his first start at home to Falkirk.  7/10
Aaron Splaine - Looked bright early on in the season drifting in and out of the first-team but suffered an unfortunate horror injury that's put him out for the season making it very difficult to judge and will quite possibly see him offloaded in the summer, hopefully not. 5/10
Andy Ryan - Pissed all over league 1 leading us to actually pay money for him, has looked okay in the small number of times he's played but would have expected more. Kept out the team by Smith early on and only really making substitute appearances thereafter. 4/10
Scott Lochhead - Signed as one for the future, started the season fairly well before being shunted out to Forfar on loan, hasn't been seen since returning. One to watch. 6/10
Lee Robinson - To my absolute horror saw him sign and immediately go into the starting line-up against Falkirk, to my delight I saw him absolutely boss that game and pick up the motm award as we stormed to victory. His record says it all, 10 clean sheets in 16 games for us since signing, clearly capable of howlers but hasn't shown that at East End, his performances do make me worry that he'll keep Murdoch out of returning and his signing makes me question why Cammy Gill should even bother turning up to training ,however that is to do with AJ not Robinson. 9/10
James Craigen - An apparently shite  player from one of our rivals who has been good for us....that sounds strangely familiar... 7/10
James Vincent - Meh  6/10
Daniel Armstrong - Hardly played. 3/10
Tom Beadling - Very good young player who will boss League 1 with Sunderland next season, would like to see us keep him. 8/10
Overall I think AJ has done some very shrewd business this season, any poor signings have been generally inconsequential, could have used him solidifying the obviously light midfield in summer rather than January, however he did get the issues fixed in the end.
Allowing Smith to go out on loan was and still is completely baffling, although McManus and Clark's performances have perhaps shown that is was justified. 
Grade - B+

This post

Please point out where I said he was better than first team player there?

Looks like I said he looked promising and rated him a 6/10 signing tbh.

Talking pish, yet again.

Talking pish, yet again.
You've rated him higher than three players.

2 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:
9 minutes ago, TheMessiah said:
Talking pish, yet again.

You've rated him higher than three players.

As a signing.

Am I seriously going to have to explain the difference between potential and ability and how both impact how a signing should be rated?

One to watch aye. Ok then. But you are footballing genius. Ok m90

Never thought I’d see the day where The Messiah appeared as one of the better Dunfermline posters.

1 minute ago, D.A.F.C said:

One to watch aye. Ok then. But you are footballing genius. Ok m90

Handling this well I see.

Claiming to have a much better knowledge of football than you is far, far from the only pre-requisite for describing yourself as a football genius.

3 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Never thought I’d see the day where The Messiah appeared as one of the better Dunfermline posters.

:wub: