Rating your team's signings

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alex Harris - 2/10- That’s being generous, the least said the better.

Rory Loy- 2/10- 1 goal this season just simply isn’t good enough. Looked overweight and at times uninterested. Probably didn’t help he had some off field issues.

David Mitchell- 6/10- kept two clean sheets before suffering a bad injury. Hopefully when he’s back he recovers the promise he had.

Louis Longridge - 6/10- Frustrates the life out of me. Doesn’t perform constantly enough however torn United a new one in the 6-1 drubbing.

Conrad Balatoni - 5/10- Look reassuring in the games he played and I was shocked his short deal wasn’t extended.

Jordan McGhee- 7/10- Probably one of Peter Houston’s best signings. Delighted when we signed him and he should probably be playing in the premiership.

Andrew Nelson- 6/10- A guy who isn’t the tallest but can fairly jump. He’s quick and hassles defenders. If he was more prolific he would be an outstanding signing.

Alex Jakubiak- 7/10- A player who you can see will play at a higher level. Touch of class about him and has magnificent skill. Again, sometimes his finishing let’s him down.

Tommy Robson- 6/10- Started off brightly for us and again performed brilliantly against Dundee United in the 6-1 game. Since then , for me, he’s went down hill. Wouldn’t bother me if he stays or goes next season.

Reghan Tumilty- 5/10- Again, stately brightly but has drastically underperformed in recent games. Hopefully he’ll be away back to County in the summer.

Sean Welsh- 5/10- Came in an immediately got injured and never heard of him in months. Came back in recent games and he’s no where near match fit and this is evident. Could be a decent player if given a decent pre-season.

Conor Hazard- 5/10- Not had a great deal to do in most games. Not made any spectacular saves of note and his kicking needs drastic improvement. Also at fault for ICT winner last week.

Ryan Blair- 5/10- Not featured as much as he’d probably hoped. Looked tidy and composed when he did get a chance.

A lot of really generous ratings there imo.

David Mitchell - He played a game and a half. Fair enough he played well enough but not enough to be able to judge him properly. N/A.

Connor Hazard - Meh. He’s not very good but probably better than both Thomson and Mutch. Nae idea how he got into the Northern Ireland squad right enough. 4/10.

Robbie Mutch - He’s still young and was only really signed to be 3rd choice and to be our under 20’s ‘keeper. He’s not very good. 3/10.

Reghan Tumilty - He’s been ok. Not great not shite but just fine. He’s pretty much done the job we expected from him and should be looking to improve on him next season. 5/10.

Conrad Balatoni - Signed a short term deal generally played well enough but with the abundance of centre backs we had it was the correct decision not to renew his deal. 5/10.

Jordan McGhee - By a distance our player of the year. Put in some decent shifts at left-back when we had nobody else to play there but he’s a great centre half for this level. 7.5/10.

Tommy Robson - Started off well but regressed quite a bit. Still far, far better than Tony Gallacher was though. Hopefully he’s kept on for next season. 6/10.

Alex Harris - Absolute shite. If by some miracle we are able to move him on in the summer it would be a great piece of business. 1/10.

Sean Welsh - He’s got absolutely nothing about him. 1/10.

Ryan Blair - Meh. He’s not had a lot of game time, started a few matches last month and he was ok without really contributing much. 3/10.

Louis Longridge - Probably the most infuriating player we’ve had since Higginbotham. He’s definitely got the talent and has shown he’s got the ability to run games at this level. But they games only come around every 4 or 5 and when he’s not on form the game either passes him by or he tries far too much on his own and constantly gives the ball away. If he can find just a little more consistently he could be a real stand out. 6/10.

Andy Nelson - Probably should’ve scored a good few more goals than he did but his work rate and commitment were great to see especially compared to the wasters we had up front the first half of the season. I doubt it’s possibly but would love to have him back next season. 5.5/10.

Alex Jakubiak - Started off really well but goals have dried up a bit for him lately though granted he’s not had a great deal of service. He’s quick, decent finisher and some strength. Another that I’d love to see back but can see him playing at a higher level. 6/10.

Rory Loy - I was absolutely delighted when he signed him back. He was brilliant with us 2 years ago and still looked good for St. Mirren last year but for whatever reason he’s just not the same player anymore. Probably our highest paid player and his performances have probably been on a par with Harris. Another with another year on his contact that we need to hope someone takes a punt on in the summer. 1/10.

Paul Hartley - I think some people forget just how absolutely rancid we were before he took over and particularly before he was able to get rid of some of the wasters in January and get some fresh players in. He’s kept us up and out the play offs which is all that could’ve been asked of him this season. If he manages to punt McKee, Harris and Loy in the summer I’ll love him forever.

Paul Hartley - I think some people forget just how absolutely rancid we were before he took over and particularly before he was able to get rid of some of the wasters in January and get some fresh players in. He’s kept us up and out the play offs which is all that could’ve been asked of him this season. If he manages to punt McKee, Harris and Loy in the summer I’ll love him forever.

Mckees contracts out is it not?

On 4/17/2018 at 10:53, RiG said:

Felicitano Zschusschen – 0/10 – Another one of these signings who 1) looked "useful" against Clach and 2) was signed from a football agency. "Susan" turned out to be one of the worst players I have ever seen in the 20 + years I've been watching ICT and includes Dani Lopez. Disappeared from the side almost before the season had begun with his last outing being the mauling at EEP. Apparently injured for the rest of his time here but I suspect Robertson knew he had been sold a dud and he was secretly bundled up and hurled off the Kessock Bridge with bricks tied to his feet.

I can testify that while most of this post is accurate, the part about being useful against Clach is not.  He scored a flukely goal early on after the keeper ran out of his goal and passed the ball to him which he hoofed into the net.  After that point he looked...well awful.  Slow, cumbersome and absolutely bullied by the defenders of a mid-table Highland League side.  A complete con artist.

Elbouzedi looked decent when he came on last Saturday by the way.

Robert Thomson - Spends so long beating his first man that two or three are now on him, and he's still in his own half. Slows play down without much to show for it. There's some skill there, and he has shown an eye for goal on occasion, but for the more part he has been ineffective.  4/10

Bob McHugh - He made a promising enough start, but struggled more and more to make an impact as the season went on. Better off the bench than from the start. Truly awful in recent weeks. 3/10

Darren Barr - Clearly finished at this level, he may as well not have been there for the most part. Thankfully he didn't have to play much. 1/10

Gary Harkins - Shaky start but soon settled in and has been a class act in an area of the field that we shouldn't have any problems in. 9/10

Connor McManus - Some decent passing ability shown at times, but not much else. 2/10

Jack Iredale - Seemed a strange signing but benefited from a loan spell out and looks like a real quality player. 8/10

Ross Doohan - N/A.

Conor Brennan - He has done what he has had to do without much problem. 6/10.

Luca Gasparotto - Not quite the player he was, but not bad. 6/10

Frank Ross - There's some real quality there. Maybe doesn't get involved quite enough, but certainly not played enough. 7/10.

John Baird - Can score against the bottom sides, but he offers little else. Duffy's insistence on finding a place for him unbalances the team. 4/10 

Gary Fraser - Meh. Seems ok but not match sharp enough. 5/10

• 1 month later...
Now that we've had near enough a full season it is a good time to rate and review the signings brought in this season.
Declan McManus - Arrived to much ridicule of the vast majority of the league, especially Rovers fans, proved all of  his doubters wrong and has been excellent this season,  Seems a top-rate WUM as well, one of the boys who just #getsit.  9/10
Fraser Aird - Arrived to much the same reaction as McManus, however with a massive tone of hatred through it, from our own support as well (myself included). His performance against Livi made it seem like this was going to be a failed venture, however he's taken every further chance presented to him with both hands, been a stand-out player in every game he's been a part of and looked right up for it. Would like to see a bit more of him though 8/10
Dean Shiels - Classy midfielder who can completely calm the game down, was expected to be one of our key players this season and look a class above most of the division, don't think he's hit the level he is capable of at East End and his inclusion can leave our midfield looking a bit lightweight sometimes, quality player nonetheless 7/10
Jean-Yves M'voto - I'll admit to wondering what the f**k AJ was playing at when he signed, even beginning to believe we were moving to 3 at the back. Signed as a back-up player but has had to step in to the first-team due to injuries and suspensions, has been extremely solid when he's done so too, will be especially fondly remembered for his outstanding showing in his first start at home to Falkirk.  7/10
Aaron Splaine - Looked bright early on in the season drifting in and out of the first-team but suffered an unfortunate horror injury that's put him out for the season making it very difficult to judge and will quite possibly see him offloaded in the summer, hopefully not. 5/10
Andy Ryan - Pissed all over league 1 leading us to actually pay money for him, has looked okay in the small number of times he's played but would have expected more. Kept out the team by Smith early on and only really making substitute appearances thereafter. 4/10
Scott Lochhead - Signed as one for the future, started the season fairly well before being shunted out to Forfar on loan, hasn't been seen since returning. One to watch. 6/10
Lee Robinson - To my absolute horror saw him sign and immediately go into the starting line-up against Falkirk, to my delight I saw him absolutely boss that game and pick up the motm award as we stormed to victory. His record says it all, 10 clean sheets in 16 games for us since signing, clearly capable of howlers but hasn't shown that at East End, his performances do make me worry that he'll keep Murdoch out of returning and his signing makes me question why Cammy Gill should even bother turning up to training ,however that is to do with AJ not Robinson. 9/10
James Craigen - An apparently shite  player from one of our rivals who has been good for us....that sounds strangely familiar... 7/10
James Vincent - Meh  6/10
Daniel Armstrong - Hardly played. 3/10
Tom Beadling - Very good young player who will boss League 1 with Sunderland next season, would like to see us keep him. 8/10
Overall I think AJ has done some very shrewd business this season, any poor signings have been generally inconsequential, could have used him solidifying the obviously light midfield in summer rather than January, however he did get the issues fixed in the end.
Allowing Smith to go out on loan was and still is completely baffling, although McManus and Clark's performances have perhaps shown that is was justified. 
Grade - B+
This post

2 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:
On 4/16/2018 at 15:53, TheMessiah said:
Now that we've had near enough a full season it is a good time to rate and review the signings brought in this season.
Declan McManus - Arrived to much ridicule of the vast majority of the league, especially Rovers fans, proved all of  his doubters wrong and has been excellent this season,  Seems a top-rate WUM as well, one of the boys who just #getsit.  9/10
Fraser Aird - Arrived to much the same reaction as McManus, however with a massive tone of hatred through it, from our own support as well (myself included). His performance against Livi made it seem like this was going to be a failed venture, however he's taken every further chance presented to him with both hands, been a stand-out player in every game he's been a part of and looked right up for it. Would like to see a bit more of him though 8/10
Dean Shiels - Classy midfielder who can completely calm the game down, was expected to be one of our key players this season and look a class above most of the division, don't think he's hit the level he is capable of at East End and his inclusion can leave our midfield looking a bit lightweight sometimes, quality player nonetheless 7/10
Jean-Yves M'voto - I'll admit to wondering what the f**k AJ was playing at when he signed, even beginning to believe we were moving to 3 at the back. Signed as a back-up player but has had to step in to the first-team due to injuries and suspensions, has been extremely solid when he's done so too, will be especially fondly remembered for his outstanding showing in his first start at home to Falkirk.  7/10
Aaron Splaine - Looked bright early on in the season drifting in and out of the first-team but suffered an unfortunate horror injury that's put him out for the season making it very difficult to judge and will quite possibly see him offloaded in the summer, hopefully not. 5/10
Andy Ryan - Pissed all over league 1 leading us to actually pay money for him, has looked okay in the small number of times he's played but would have expected more. Kept out the team by Smith early on and only really making substitute appearances thereafter. 4/10
Scott Lochhead - Signed as one for the future, started the season fairly well before being shunted out to Forfar on loan, hasn't been seen since returning. One to watch. 6/10
Lee Robinson - To my absolute horror saw him sign and immediately go into the starting line-up against Falkirk, to my delight I saw him absolutely boss that game and pick up the motm award as we stormed to victory. His record says it all, 10 clean sheets in 16 games for us since signing, clearly capable of howlers but hasn't shown that at East End, his performances do make me worry that he'll keep Murdoch out of returning and his signing makes me question why Cammy Gill should even bother turning up to training ,however that is to do with AJ not Robinson. 9/10
James Craigen - An apparently shite  player from one of our rivals who has been good for us....that sounds strangely familiar... 7/10
James Vincent - Meh  6/10
Daniel Armstrong - Hardly played. 3/10
Tom Beadling - Very good young player who will boss League 1 with Sunderland next season, would like to see us keep him. 8/10
Overall I think AJ has done some very shrewd business this season, any poor signings have been generally inconsequential, could have used him solidifying the obviously light midfield in summer rather than January, however he did get the issues fixed in the end.
Allowing Smith to go out on loan was and still is completely baffling, although McManus and Clark's performances have perhaps shown that is was justified. 
Grade - B+

This post

Please point out where I said he was better than first team player there?

Looks like I said he looked promising and rated him a 6/10 signing tbh.

Talking pish, yet again.

Talking pish, yet again.
You've rated him higher than three players.

2 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:
9 minutes ago, TheMessiah said:
Talking pish, yet again.

You've rated him higher than three players.

As a signing.

Am I seriously going to have to explain the difference between potential and ability and how both impact how a signing should be rated?

1 minute ago, D.A.F.C said:

One to watch aye. Ok then. But you are footballing genius. Ok m90

Handling this well I see.

Claiming to have a much better knowledge of football than you is far, far from the only pre-requisite for describing yourself as a football genius.

Archived