Fixture man strikes again

nicotina

12 hours ago, The Ilford Drummer said:

Surely this can't be true? What was the response when the clubs contacted him?

All I know is that Pollok were ready and willing for this game to be played but the request was turned down.

It can only be assumed that the reason Saltcoats' original league fixture was cancelled still applied

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Irrespective of the usual back-of-a-fag-packet errors, it's pretty clear he's decided to prioritise getting the league positions finalised over the cups.

Which makes complete sense given the need to identify participants not only for the ETC this year but also for the play-offs which clubs voted for at last year's AGM (Larkhall amendment).

1 hour ago, Oataat said:

St Rochs got 6 games in 12 days ... absolute joke.. away to Shotts and Lesmahagow Midweek and local game against Perthshire on the Saturday ... makes complete sense!

At first glance it looks quite frustrating but as long as it is fair ....which it seems to be .. then it is ok by me!

If you agree there are realistically 6 teams competing for top 4 places then they are all in much of the same place

Between Saturday 21st and Saturday 5th the following fixtures have been allocated - just so happens the one we miss is the Saturday.

Wishaw 7

Neilston 7

Roch 6

Shire 6

Rossvale 5

Bens 5

When you consider that Rossvale and Bens have played a couple more it seems pretty fair - the only thing I find frustrating from a Roch point of view is that our scheduled game against the Gow was postponed twice during the season (on a Saturday) we switched ties the 3rd time - and we now need to travel there on a Wednesday night - as you say it would probably have been more sensible for us to go to the Gow on the Saturday and host the Shire mid week - this would be better for supporters too.

Don't suppose it is ever going to be perfect - can only hope that all the other challengers have similar issues to us when it comes to midweek games - let the madness commence!!

On 4/18/2018 at 10:52, archieb said:

All I know is that Pollok were ready and willing for this game to be played but the request was turned down.

It can only be assumed that the reason Saltcoats' original league fixture was cancelled still applied

Scottish Grand National weekend at Ayr Races.  As justifiable postponement as the spurious 'Glesca weekend' nonsense.

6 hours ago, Oataat said:

St Rochs got 6 games in 12 days ... absolute joke.. away to Shotts and Lesmahagow Midweek and local game against Perthshire on the Saturday ... makes complete sense!

6 games in 12 days for Glencairn as well, then no game on Saturday 5th May.

You couldn't make it up.

We were down to play Largs at home 5th May last night then this morning it’s changed to Cambuslang away because he put Rob Roy down to play at home on the same day, you couldn’t make it up with the mans incompetence

Glencairn and Maryhill both have no game on Saturday 5th May, yet we're asked to play each other on Monday night 30th April, with both teams also having games the previous Saturday and the following Wednesday.

Irrespective of the usual back-of-a-fag-packet errors, it's pretty clear he's decided to prioritise getting the league positions finalised over the cups.
Which makes complete sense given the need to identify participants not only for the ETC this year but also for the play-offs which clubs voted for at last year's AGM (Larkhall amendment).

I doubt if it's that.
In the ADL, Dalry (10 games to play) are playing Sat, Wed, Sat, Wed, and Sat.
Craigmark (6 games to go) are playing Sat, Sat, Wed (at home, which can't go ahead and will be cancelled), Sat.
Muirkirk (7 games) are playing Mon, Sat, Wed, Sat. They've still got Maybole to play and both are idle this Saturday.
Whitletts (7 games) are playing Sat, Sat, Wed, Sat.
Lugar (7 games) are playing Sat, Wed, Sat, Mon, Wed and Sat.
Not hard to see who's getting the shitty end of the stick.

7 minutes ago, Beenzon-Toste said:

I doubt if it's that.
In the ADL, Dalry (10 games to play) are playing Sat, Wed, Sat, Wed, and Sat.
Craigmark (6 games to go) are playing Sat, Sat, Wed (at home, which can't go ahead and will be cancelled), Sat.
Muirkirk (7 games) are playing Mon, Sat, Wed, Sat. They've still got Maybole to play and both are idle this Saturday.
Whitletts (7 games) are playing Sat, Sat, Wed, Sat.
Lugar (7 games) are playing Sat, Wed, Sat, Mon, Wed and Sat.
Not hard to see who's getting the shitty end of the stick.

You're assuming there's a plan (beyond omg-I've-got-to-get-all-the-fixtures-played).

There isn't.

• 2 weeks later...
Surely if you have to play one game midweek, it should be on a Wednesday. Hurlford are scheduled to play Kilbirnie on Monday, 7th May after both teams have games on Saturday, 5th, but neither are due to play on Wednesday, 9th. Why?

Well, obviously it's because....

Nope. I've got nothing.

Archived