Dumbarton v Inverness - WEDNESDAY Night

Just now, Menzel said:

Do Dumbarton ever have a full-strength squad to choose from? Admittedly I just lurk in this forum but every time I see a Sons report it seems like there's people out. 

This season, not really. We're now in the ridiculous situation where our two right-backs, auxiliary right-back and our deputy left-back who can also play at RB, are all out. Leaving us with a midfielder who hasn't played in 18 months there.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We will have a new Board in place and the very fact that it looks like an end to the days of autocratic, reactive and secretive management at the club should be welcomed by us all.  Accountability and financial rigour may not be the panacea but they will undoubtedly assist in steadying the ship.  And whatever Manager is in place, there must be a playing budget  which is adhered to.

No harm to the new board but is anyone putting money in? More importantly, does anyone know Brabco’s current thinking? I suspect that the answer at the moment to both questions is no. Uncertain times.

Agreed. But this is a changed, forward thinking Dumbarton board we'll hopefully have next season where planning our outlay may well be a bit more thought out than it has been. Working with more money will always be easier than working with less.

Brechin will get about sixty thousand more this season than Raith/Ayr will get for winning league one

Any Dumbarton fans able to confirm the prices for away support tonight for adults and students? I'm sure I paid £18 back in September but I'm seeing £22 on the website. Many thanks 

4 hours ago, Sean ICTFC said:

Any Dumbarton fans able to confirm the prices for away support tonight for adults and students? I'm sure I paid £18 back in September but I'm seeing £22 on the website. Many thanks 

20 quid for adults.

22 quid is for St Mirren fans because we like watching them lose their minds over that extra 2 quid.

Just now, RiG said:

*generic rant about Dumbarton ticket prices*

We pretty much guarantee that you'll leave with three points though*, so it's worth a couple of quid extra.

*Not applicable to jobber teams like Dundee United or Brechin. Going down to ten men will invalidate this agreement.

Pitch inspection at 1300. Lot of rain last night and into this morning but, in Glasgow at least, it's been dry since about half 9. Hopefully it's just a precaution as we could do with as few games as possible before the playoffs.

1 minute ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

It will have to be played next midweek before the final fixtures as it may have an impact on the playoffs. Unless of course you can rearrange immediately for tomorrow night instead. I guess despite the inconvenience Inverness would likely prefer that to having two midweek games next week. If it does have to go to next midweek then Thursday looks most likely though Monday would be the other alternative if Livingston were willing to move their match to the Wednesday.

Just now, The Moonster said:

Both clubs will try for tomorrow, I don't think Inverness will fancy playing Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday.

Could even conceivably try Thursday this week instead of next week. It's to your advantage in theory of course to get Inverness in the second of two midweek games but I doubt it helps your chances next Saturday much either to end up playing on the Thursday.

Archived