Dumbarton v Inverness - WEDNESDAY Night

1 minute ago, Highland Capital said:

With Dumbarton already calling for volunteers for the pitch I wonder if the game might be called off again tomorrow.

Volunteers have been told to stand down, ground staff have been working on it all afternoon and believe it will be fine for tomorrow night. 

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ICT seem to have changed their tune from earlier in the season. Apparently a good 7 to 8 hours kip was not enough for a professional footballer back in November.  You would think then that they would welcome an extra 24 hours lounging about this week.

;)

15 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Volunteers have been told to stand down, ground staff have been working on it all afternoon and believe it will be fine for tomorrow night. 

That's just to give the ICT boys something to complain about when it's postponed again tomorrow

1 hour ago, TheScarf said:

I don't see the problem really.   Saturday/Wednesday/Saturday should be doable for a professional footballer.

Agreed. My team have played/are playing Sat/Mon/Wed/Sat/Mon/Thu/Sat at the moment.

Oh great.  Match postponed until tomorrow but I don't find that out until I actually get here.
An extra day in Dumbarton - wow!
I am told Dumfries has an opera house (although I have never found it) but what about Dumbarton?
Apparently the planetarium is supposed to be really good!

In the meantime, take some photos of all the sites.
As you will probably agree, that rainbow looks slightly better than average.

Rainbow.jpg

ICT to play then probably day off Thursday and one day to prepare for us.
Pleasing.

Definitely on. Dumbarton have confirmed it on Twitter. Gutted I'm missing it as I hate not seeing my team play but I'll need to rely on Twitter updates for this one.

23 hours ago, qos_75 said:

ICT seem to have changed their tune from earlier in the season. Apparently a good 7 to 8 hours kip was not enough for a professional footballer back in November.  You would think then that they would welcome an extra 24 hours lounging about this week.

;)

Don’t know how your geographical knowledge is but Inverness to the Rock is a lot less distance than to your place, if memory serves me right I think you will find a lot of our players had a viral bug and requested game be postponed as other teams seem to do.

1 hour ago, Highland No 1 said:

Don’t know how your geographical knowledge is but Inverness to the Rock is a lot less distance than to your place, if memory serves me right I think you will find a lot of our players had a viral bug and requested game be postponed as other teams seem to do.

Yes but they were not going to the rock they were going to Dumfries. By my reckoning the journey from Inverness would be about an hour, to an hour and twenty longer at the time they were travelling, late on the Friday night into Saturday morning. Not exactly that much more to travel, particularly as it would be motorway from the lower reaches of the A9 at Stirling to the turn off on the M74 at Moffat. 

I was not aware about the virus going about, from memory the reason ICT wanted the match postponed was due to a delay caused by an accident on the A9.

23 minutes ago, qos_75 said:

Yes but they were not going to the rock they were going to Dumfries. By my reckoning the journey from Inverness would be about an hour, to an hour and twenty longer at the time they were travelling, late on the Friday night into Saturday morning. Not exactly that much more to travel, particularly as it would be motorway from the lower reaches of the A9 at Stirling to the turn off on the M74 at Moffat. 

I was not aware about the virus going about, from memory the reason ICT wanted the match postponed was due to a delay caused by an accident on the A9.

Had nothing to do with a virus considering they were all well enough to bugger off to Newcastle for their Christmas Party after the game.

They must have been right miserable after all the trauma they went through

Archived