Inverness vs Dunfermline

Don’t think we’ve scored an important late goal since Nicky Clark’s header v Queens at the end of last season. Like the win at Falkirk that’s another psychological hurdle cleared. Yesterday was maybe the result of us getting our games played on time over winter; that tiny wee bit more freshness and clarity of thought at the end.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, smpar said:

A draw was enough for us vs Airdrie in 2013..

We needed a win if Cowden also won, which they did.

Although *only* needing a point against a part-time side with their eyes on a midweek play-off tie does get the cynical side of me working overdrive. Especially since the club have a lot of stuff planned to mark 50 years since we won the Scottish Cup.

Hopefully Livi get a result midweek and make it much more relaxing.

That was magnificent. Our 2nd half performance was very poor but we kept pushing forward and finally got our equaliser. Added time was justified but i wonder how the announcer could tell the fans, does this happen regularly at Inverness? It would be brilliant if fans could be told how much has been added every week.

The 4-5 calley fans playing at being tough guys outside the ground were fooling nobody.

I think we normally announce how much time is to be added but he must have been quite late letting the supporters know because Finnie only played 3 minutes of the 6 that were to be added. Didn't initially know where the 6 minutes came from but then we did have a fairly long stoppage for the head knocks so that will have made up a bulk of it I guess. 

1 hour ago, smpar said:

I’ve seen a couple of Caley Thistle fans whinging about 6 minutes of stoppage time being added. :lol:

Unlucks.

The announcement of 6 mins wasn't a surprise. The delay for the clash of heads between Oakley and your centre half justified it on its own. The collective wringing of Caley hands was because no way was 6 mins played from the announcement. We naturally wanted more time after the equaliser. However it's been clarified by someone in the know that the 6 mins had already started before the announcement was made.

Seething at the missed opportunity to get to 3-1 but fair play to your digging in to the end. 

I had the 2nd half starting at 16:01, the announcement came at 16:48.

I have no idea when the match ended as I was still going absolutely mental.

It would be great to know how long has been added every week however if it's not going to be announced on 90 minutes its pretty redundant

I think we normally announce how much time is to be added but he must have been quite late letting the supporters know because Finnie only played 3 minutes of the 6 that were to be added. Didn't initially know where the 6 minutes came from but then we did have a fairly long stoppage for the head knocks so that will have made up a bulk of it I guess. 

I think Finnie was well aware of the time-wasting tactics as well. He had a word with Ridgers even before he took a goal-kick, and the whole act of nobody going over to take the corners used up a fair amount of time.

1 minute ago, smpar said:

I think Finnie was well aware of the time-wasting tactics as well. He had a word with Ridgers even before he took a goal-kick, and the whole act of nobody going over to take the corners used up a fair amount of time.

St Mirren did much the same against us the other week and it came back to bite them so I was a bit surprised we tried doing the same yesterday. We had you guys on the ropes for most of the second half so I was pretty disappointed that we seemed to take our foot off the pedal and try and slow things down the longer the game went on (though one or two players were absolutely burst by the end).

Tell you what that's absolutely cracking header, didn't appreciate it at the time, too busy trying to powerslide across the carpet. 

Watched it about 8 times and everytime you do you seem someone else going absolutely mental, the players, the fans, even the players on the bench are right into it. Beautiful. 

41 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Good highlights. What are those lines on the pitch all about?

I think it's areas of the pitch where there pipes for the USH are.

Archived