Inverness vs Dunfermline

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Can't wait for Inverness to win their final too and us to lose at home to Dumbarton now.

That's still entirely possible. As is a draw with Dumbarton and two mental 6-0 away wins for ICT, this being the more likely scenario of the two.

Hopefully they draw midweek and we can relax next week with a bounce game.

That was the definition of SCENES. Absolute bedlam when Clark's header hit the net; honestly didn't feel real. Won't forget that for a long time.

We were awful in that second half. As bad as we've been for weeks but they kept plugging away and stole a point at the death. Absolutely glorious.

I'd be fucking seething if I was a Caley fan as the team were cruising to a massive three points but kept giving us the ball and conceding stupid free-kicks. Great delivery from Cardle and Clark did what he does best. Undeserved but who cares?

Defending for the Austin goal was atrocious. They just let him run and run and run. Good finish but someone should have tried to take him out or forced him wide. Caley also missed a complete sitter to make it 3-1 and kill it off. 

Almost there now. A draw next week will do the trick but hopefully Livi do us a wee favour on Tuesday and we can concentrate on nicking 3rd.

Amidst all the #scenes, it was only well after the game that the realisation hits that we're not quite over the line yet!

But that was brilliant today, absolutely brilliant. It looked like the same old bloody story for us up there and, when we scored, I went as tonto as everyone else. I haven't celebrated a Pars goal as wildly as that for ages. Just superb and what football's about. We can debate their format but the play-offs certainly add something to the end of the season.

We started off pretty well and scored a very good goal, but after the equaliser I felt it was a bit even and probably 1-1 was fair at half-time.

Their second - well-taken but not vintage defending - seemed to knock the stuffing out of us and we lost our way for much of the second half. ICT could've wrapped it up, especially with the shot just past the post, but we hung on in there, rallied in the final 10-15 minutes and got our reward. A lovely cross and header it was too.

The team have been showing over the last 8-9 weeks different ways of finding results. Today they had to dig deep and summon something up from somewhere, and they managed it. Full credit to them for that, and for doing it in the fifth minute of stoppage time. Marvellous.

I won't waste much more text on the referee other than he wasn't very good. More delighted and relieved by the end result.

5 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

That was the definition of SCENES. Absolute bedlam when Clark's header hit the net; honestly didn't feel real. Won't forget that for a long time.

We were awful in that second half. As bad as we've been for weeks but they kept plugging away and stole a point at the death. Absolutely glorious.

I'd be fucking seething if I was a Caley fan as the team were cruising to a massive three points but kept giving us the ball and conceding stupid free-kicks. Great delivery from Cardle and Clark did what he does best. Undeserved but who cares?

Defending for the Austin goal was atrocious. They just let him run and run and run. Good finish but someone should have tried to take him out or forced him wide. Caley also missed a complete sitter to make it 3-1 and kill it off. 

Almost there now. A draw next week will do the trick but hopefully Livi do us a wee favour on Tuesday and we can concentrate on nicking 3rd.

Trust me, we are fucking seething. If there was a heartbroken thread instead of the heads gone one we would all have been in it.

Good Luck to yous though. Fair play for keeping on fighting when, to be honest, you really didn’t look like scoring.

5 minutes ago, PB1994 said:

Trust me, we are fucking seething. If there was a heartbroken thread instead of the heads gone one we would all have been in it.

Good Luck to yous though. Fair play for keeping on fighting when, to be honest, you really didn’t look like scoring.

Have seen it from your side many time so I know it would have been a sare yin.

Still not totally out of it though and at worst you're setting up well for next season.

29 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

A draw next week will do the trick but hopefully Livi do us a wee favour on Tuesday and we can concentrate on nicking 3rd.

Tbh, if United didn't get pumped today we'd have been going into Tuesday night still looking to confirm 2nd and likely full strength. I'd imagine with how today played out we'll be resting a couple of players and might have our foot off the gas a bit to avoid injuries etc.

3 hours ago, TheMessiah said:

Can't wait for Inverness to win their final too and us to lose at home to Dumbarton now.

Plausible, but I really doubt it. A draw is enough for us you'd imagine, given our goal difference. 

It’s not over yet. Don’t get me wrong, that late equaliser merits every single reaction that I’ve seen. The switch in momentum there, is huge.

However, Livi and Morton will both have ‘downed tools’ when Inverness play them, and Inverness are clearly a very good team at the moment. I think we’ll still need a result against Dumbarton.

Approach the game professionally, and we will win, with Nicky Clark sealing the golden boot. Although, I also think I’d be giving McManus the full 90, to try and get him a goal, to boost his confidence going into the playoffs. Would be harsh to drop Ryan though.

If Livi win or draw on Tuesday, I’d expect us to play a rotated squad on Saturday. But would still like to see us give Clark a shot at the golden boot. He has single-handedly saved our season in the last 2 months, and I would love to see him win an award like that, for his efforts. It’s a team game, but he stepped up when the going got tough, and put the ball in the net to earn vital points, at the business end of the season.

15 hours ago, RiG said:

Can't really remember it actually with everything else that happened during the game but I don't think Ridgers had much of a chance.

Shows how much I remember. Just watched the goalmouth clips on the Pars YouTube and it's right through his hands. Sake.

Plus the seethe from Hawk would be sensational.

It’s a bit strange, not to have heard from him. If we’d lost, and Clark hadn’t scored, he’d have posted in here just minutes after full time. Wouldn’t surprise me at all, if he’s more upset than Inverness fans, after Clark’s late goal yesterday. His obsession is honestly so bizarre.

Plausible, but I really doubt it. A draw is enough for us you'd imagine, given our goal difference. 

A draw was enough for us vs Airdrie in 2013..

1 minute ago, smpar said:

A draw was enough for us vs Airdrie in 2013..

And we got beat. Whole different scenario this time around. Our place might be confirmed on Tuesday. 

It's not true that a draw against Airdrie would have been enough. We were only one point ahead of Cowden going into the last game, so we had to win against Airdrie. The point is stil valid though - it's not over yet and there's no guarantee of getting points in any game.

Archived