Inverness vs Dunfermline

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fucking fantastic scenes in the away end at that equaliser. Really looking forward to the highlights now.

Caley Thistle deserve heartache like that for their time-wasting shitebaggery. Get it up ye.

46 minutes ago, MacArab said:

Thanks PARS.... As we are too fucking useless to sort out guaranteeing the playoffs for ourselves, nice of you to do it for us.

See you in the Q Final.;)

Aye ... but I suspect you will be the first of the teams to leave the play-off party. Utd's spectacular fall to utter gash-ness makes our omission from proceedings that bit tougher to take!

22 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

I'm deflated and flaccid.

Aye sair wan to take. You were definitely the better team in the second half. We just couldn't get going and have Austin a ridiculous amount of freedom to score. I thought we'd fucked it. The support was higher frustrated and were starting to get on the team's back. We just couldn't create anything and it seemed we were going to lose. I and was surprised 6 minutes were added on. But then it happened. As I said to @Chicken Wing it was 'one of those moments'. 

5 minutes ago, cif73 said:

Aye ... but I suspect you will be the first of the teams to leave the play-off party. Utd's spectacular fall to utter gash-ness makes our omission from proceedings that bit tougher to take!

^^^^ Not a word of that can be disputed in any way imo.

Bad luck, great run but you left yourselves just a bit much to do i think.

That being said, Dunfermline do not have a good record against us so you never know....

We have no chance of going up regardless.....

Thought Austin coming off changed the game. He was causing all sorts of problems and the Dunfermline defence couldn’t cope with him. Thought it was a mistake to take Mackay on. Needed someone with a bit more experience, which told when he missed a sitter and the went for goal late on instead of taking the ball into the corner/keeping possession.

We had the chances to kill the game off and never took them so only have ourselves to blame though I did think 6 minutes added on was very strange.

Very large away support and it did look like great scenes at the end but it was heartbreaking for us so I’m in no mood to be praising yous too much.

I like Daniel Mackay but he was the wrong choice to bring on when Austin came off.  A player with a lot of potential but no experience or power to take on M'Voto who a couple of times just stood in-front of him.  We should've brought Calder on and gone to a 4-2-3-1.  Calder could've slotted into left back as well if we went to five at the back.

Morris came on to put bit Jock up front and go 4-2-4 which was delightful. Even better is that Finnie is retiring at the end of this season, farewell you old fox [emoji8] time to paint Inverness Black and white

5 minutes ago, Highland Capital said:

I like Daniel Mackay but he was the wrong choice to bring on when Austin came off.  A player with a lot of potential but no experience or power to take on M'Voto who a couple of times just stood in-front of him.  We should've brought Calder on and gone to a 4-2-3-1.  Calder could've slotted into left back as well if we went to five at the back.

There were a couple of times when he came up against M’Voto where you could tell he really didn’t want to come up against him. Great potential but not for today.

I would have maybe taken Mulraney on. Would have given us a much better out ball as the game went on.

Heartbroken, tears, heads gone etc. There was only one team winning that yet for some reason we completely took our foot off the gas and started time wasting and we gradually became more and more panicky when we had the ball. Instead of taking the ball down and finding a team mate we started hurriedly clearing balls high in the air showing no composure whatsoever in the final ten minutes or so.

Poor defending for the opener. Seedorf was being roasted down the right to start with so it was no surprise that the goal originated from there. Can't really remember it actually with everything else that happened during the game but I don't think Ridgers had much of a chance. Nice equaliser from Chalmers with a free kick. His set pieces were abysmal today but the one that did come off saw us bag a goal.

Second half we should have been out of sight. Lovely equaliser from Austin and, as mentioned above, we seemed to lose our way a bit after he went off. Whilst Oakley still caused a few problems for the Pars centre backs Mackay wasn't as good as Austin was at getting the ball down and running at them. Our best chance to kill the game came when Doran worked the ball from the left to Mackay but he curled a shot just wide of the post.

As renegade  Highland Capital mentions I think we made the wrong subs today. Whilst Austin might have had to come off due to injury I think Mackay was the wrong choice (easy to say with hindsight of course) and Doran was playing really well when he went off which also saw us regress a fair bit. Calder just didn't really carry the ball away from danger when he took his place on the left flank. I'm not his biggest fan but with his pace Mulraney would have been a real asset with all the space Dunfermline were leaving behind their back line. Again, hindsight is a wonderful thing.

In the end with Dunfermline throwing the proverbial kitchen sink at us we finally buckled. Couldn't see what happened but it looked like we failed to deal with a high ball pumped into the box and it was scrambled home from close range. Absolutely gutting but in a bizarre way I'm almost relieved as I couldn't take another two games like today in the next week. Hopefully we can keep a good chunk of this squad and have a good go next season but with rumours abound that the vultures are circling over some key players who are out of contract in the next few weeks I'm not too sure that we will keep said important players.

Heartbroken, tears, heads gone etc. There was only one team winning that yet for some reason we completely took our foot off the gas and started time wasting and we gradually became more and more panicky when we had the ball. Instead of taking the ball down and finding a team mate we started hurriedly clearing balls high in the air showing no composure whatsoever in the final ten minutes or so.

Poor defending for the opener. Seedorf was being roasted down the right to start with so it was no surprise that the goal originated from there. Can't really remember it actually with everything else that happened during the game but I don't think Ridgers had much of a chance. Nice equaliser from Chalmers with a free kick. His set pieces were abysmal today but the one that did come off saw us bag a goal.

Second half we should have been out of sight. Lovely equaliser from Austin and, as mentioned above, we seemed to lose our way a bit after he went off. Whilst Oakley still caused a few problems for the Pars centre backs Mackay wasn't as good as Austin was at getting the ball down and running at them. Our best chance to kill the game came when Doran worked the ball from the left to Mackay but he curled a shot just wide of the post.

As renegade mentions I think we made the wrong subs today. Whilst Austin might have had to come off due to injury I think Mackay was the wrong choice (easy to say with hindsight of course) and Doran was playing really well when he went off which also saw us regress a fair bit. Calder just didn't really carry the ball away from danger when he took his place on the left flank. I'm not his biggest fan but with his pace Mulraney would have been a real asset with all the space Dunfermline were leaving behind their back line. Again, hindsight is a wonderful thing.

In the end with Dunfermline throwing the proverbial kitchen sink at us we finally buckled. Couldn't see what happened but it looked like we failed to deal with a high ball pumped into the box and it was scrambled home from close range. Absolutely gutting but in a bizarre way I'm almost relieved as I couldn't take another two games like today in the next week. Hopefully we can keep a good chunk of this squad and have a good go next season but with rumours abound that the vultures are circling over some key players who are out of contract in the next few weeks I'm not too sure that we will keep said important players.

That would be a header directly from a free kick!

Aye sair wan to take. You were definitely the better team in the second half. We just couldn't get going and have Austin a ridiculous amount of freedom to score. I thought we'd fucked it. The support was higher frustrated and were starting to get on the team's back. We just couldn't create anything and it seemed we were going to lose. I and was surprised 6 minutes were added on. But then it happened. As I said to [mention=46398]Chicken Wing[/mention] it was 'one of those moments'. 

I wasn't at the game but I saw on the Pars Twitter that there were 6 minutes added on - was there a 4th official at the game today for some reason?

1 minute ago, Salvo Montalbano said:
2 hours ago, DA Baracus said:
Aye sair wan to take. You were definitely the better team in the second half. We just couldn't get going and have Austin a ridiculous amount of freedom to score. I thought we'd fucked it. The support was higher frustrated and were starting to get on the team's back. We just couldn't create anything and it seemed we were going to lose. I and was surprised 6 minutes were added on. But then it happened. As I said to [mention=46398]Chicken Wing[/mention] it was 'one of those moments'. 

I wasn't at the game but I saw on the Pars Twitter that there were 6 minutes added on - was there a 4th official at the game today for some reason?

There wasn’t one as far as I was aware. Both clubs were holding their own boards up for making subs.

not much between the teams in the 1st half - all CALEY the 2nd half - they must be gutted - but we kept plugging away and got the break with the equaliser in the 95min - glad for all the travelling support - even the PARS FANS from Thurso that travelled down to the game - great atmosphere in the PARS end !

17 minutes ago, Valley Par said:

not much between the teams in the 1st half - all CALEY the 2nd half - they must be gutted - but we kept plugging away and got the break with the equaliser in the 95min - glad for all the travelling support - even the PARS FANS from Thurso that travelled down to the game - great atmosphere in the PARS end !

There are Dunfermline fans here in Thurso :O? 

Archived