Stranraer Vs Raith Rovers

Tough game, Stranraer are good at home and we aren't good away.  A win would put some pressure on Ayr though, especially after the title celebrations last week.

I think we will draw, whilst Ayr getting beat yesterday was helpful my gut feeling is that it's just a bit too late.

If Grantie could be absolutely shite that would be great. To have any remaining hopes killed by him would be too much.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Raith will win this. 4 wins from the last 5 visits there, is it? Yes, their away form hasn’t been great, but at this stage that becomes irrelevant and when you factor in that Stranraer are due a bad game, have nothing to play for and that Raith will be giving absolutely everything. After seeing Stranraer yesterday, if they play the same, it will be close but I think Raith will have too much. Hope I’m wrong obviously but I genuinely can’t see anything other than a Raith win this time.

I think Raith will win this. 4 wins from the last 5 visits there, is it? Yes, their away form hasn’t been great, but at this stage that becomes irrelevant and when you factor in that Stranraer are due a bad game, have nothing to play for and that Raith will be giving absolutely everything. After seeing Stranraer yesterday, if they play the same, it will be close but I think Raith will have too much. Hope I’m wrong obviously but I genuinely can’t see anything other than a Raith win this time.

The team itself might not have a lot to play for but some of those players will be playing for their future. I have a feeling that unless they get a big injection of cash there will be more cuts to come.

Although this could be last chance saloon for Raith so they will definitely be up for it.

I’d be delighted with a draw.

5 minutes ago, somerset_lad00 said:

The team itself might not have a lot to play for but some of those players will be playing for their future. I have a feeling that unless they get a big injection of cash there will be more cuts to come.

Although this could be last chance saloon for Raith so they will definitely be up for it.

I’d be delighted with a draw.

Absolutely mate, I’d be delighted as well. Just have the feeling that we’ve had as many favours as we are going to get to need 4 from 9 which is now 4 from 6. Raith right now are winning without playing well. That’s ominous. In my heart of hearts, I just can’t see any way they will slip up again, they’ll win their last two and push us right to the line and make us work for it. I still feel sick after yesterday.

Won't be any wee team interest in this, seeing as they'd all given up the title and want Smith sacked.
Even if we manage to somehow win promotion I think there is plenty of Rovers fans who would have little faith in Smith taking us forward.

Even if we manage to somehow win promotion I think there is plenty of Rovers fans who would have little faith in Smith taking us forward.

Precisely! This is the trope of game we usually struggle in, not saying we won’t win but we could quite easily lose this. Stranraer playing with no pressure.

No danger of Stranraer taking anything here. Season effectively over and they will be doing anything in their power to ensure Raith win the league as they can’t afford to lose the Black and White £. Disappointing but expected. 

11 hours ago, JinglinGeordie said:

Season over for Stranraer - can’t move from 5th. Stranraer to lie down and take a 5-0 pounding of the mighty Raith. Big Berk to still BOOOOO

Stranraer catering staff to try and sell him half a pie to see his reaction.

Plenty o pubs in the wee toon. Whether they are good is debatable. Ok would be the term. Craigenelder, ruddicot closest. The pub , royal, chasers. Arkhouse. Custom house food and drink. The stranraer fc social club or fitba bar obviously. All of these in toon centre.

There is the pavillion bar at the ground. Probably get about 20-40 people in it.

So far this season in away games against the sides in the top half of the league we've played 7 matches, winning 1 and drawing and losing 3 apiece.
We're going to need the players to do something completely alien to them here ie step up to the plate for a crunch match.
We'll probably draw, with Buchanan missing at least one open goal.

So far this season in away games against the sides in the top half of the league we've played 7 matches, winning 1 and drawing and losing 3 apiece.
We're going to need the players to do something completely alien to them here ie step up to the plate for a crunch match.
We'll probably draw, with Buchanan missing at least one open goal.

That is quite bizarre tbh. Even with your outstanding home record I’m surprised you’ve managed to stay second.

It really doesn’t say much about us that we’ve not opened up a larger gap nor does it say much about the teams below that haven’t managed to close the gap.

Don’t think I’ve ever seen a team have such contrasting results between home and away matches.

That is quite bizarre tbh. Even with your outstanding home record I’m surprised you’ve managed to stay second.

It really doesn’t say much about us that we’ve not opened up a larger gap nor does it say much about the teams below that haven’t managed to close the gap.

Don’t think I’ve ever seen a team have such contrasting results between home and away matches.
It's a continuation from last season after Hughes took over where we were unbeaten at home but lost every single away match in the league under him.

It is infuriating that we haven't been able to sort it this season considering the standard of opposition but we are where we are now.

Archived