Motherwell vs Celtic V - Scottish Cup Final

MP_MFC

2 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

No, just factual. Motherwell are the same utter w*nk that got thrashed off St Johnstone. 

It's embarrassing for Aberdeen, and for Scottish football as a whole, hat they somehow managed to reach the final.

The only plus side is that you won't be humiliating us in Europe again.

Yeah, not hurting at all. :lol:

You're right, I'm sure the rest of Scottish football is delighted that your bunch of bottle jobs are representing Scotland in Europe.

• Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, MJC said:

I can't really fault us today, we just weren't good enough and were beaten by a better side. I don't think there was much more we could have done, as I think we gave our best but that unfortunately just wasn't nearly enough against a good Celtic side.

We are a good, combative side but today we were chasing shadows in the first half and by the time we came more into things in the second half the game was already long gone and Celtic had taken their foot off the gas. That said, for all we saw a lot more of the ball we didn't really look like troubling Celtic apart from Bigi's free kick which hit the bar. On Bigirimana, he was far more effective in the middle for us than McHugh, our captain, who had an utter shocker and looked miles out of his depth.

We've had a good season and have a team to be proud of. Today was a step too far though and hopefully one day we can reach a final and a) not be playing Celtic and b) make that quantum leap and win it.

Stuart McCall's Motherwell would have shipped about 7 today. As much as the result wasn't too dissimilar to our last Scottish Cup Final, it wasn't half quarter remotely as bad as that shitfest last time.

The treble isn't an achievement for a club who has a budget bigger than the rest of the spl combined and then some.

Something would be wrong if they didn't win everything every year.

Something needs to change in Scottish football. Transfer and wage caps could be the way forward.

at the moment its a farce.

I can't really fault us today, we just weren't good enough and were beaten by a better side. I don't think there was much more we could have done, as I think we gave our best but that unfortunately just wasn't nearly enough against a good Celtic side.
We are a good, combative side but today we were chasing shadows in the first half and by the time we came more into things in the second half the game was already long gone and Celtic had taken their foot off the gas. That said, for all we saw a lot more of the ball we didn't really look like troubling Celtic apart from Bigi's free kick which hit the bar. On Bigirimana, he was far more effective in the middle for us than McHugh, our captain, who had an utter shocker and looked miles out of his depth.
We've had a good season and have a team to be proud of. Today was a step too far though and hopefully one day we can reach a final and a) not be playing Celtic and b) make that quantum leap and win it.
Celtic scored and it was game over.

Think Well could have player for a month and not scored.

4 hours ago, DrewDon said:

Commiserations to Motherwell, but I hope MJC is absolutely gutted and seething tonight. 

Drowning  his sorrows in the Louden Tavern as we speak.

I

49 minutes ago, dezz said:

Imagine being 20 mins away from a double treble and the biggest cheer of the day comes from holding up some banner about Palastine.

Atmosphere was good all day mate.

39 minutes ago, the_team_for_me said:

The treble isn't an achievement for a club who has a budget bigger than the rest of the spl combined and then some.

Something needs to change in Scottish football. Transfer and wage caps could be the way forward.

Lets face it, Motherwell is a nothing backwater which punches well above its weight. In no country in the world should a provincial town like that compete with somewhere that matters.

1 hour ago, the_team_for_me said:

SPL doesn't exist and hasn't existed for years.

Anyway, thought Motherwell were gash first half. Second half they got at Celtic more and showed that they could compete

1 hour ago, the_team_for_me said:

You've made a few bold statements, there. 

2 hours ago, the_team_for_me said:

Parochial piffle of the highest order. Yer team were poor in the first half and were beaten by two decent strikes. If you want to see handicaps in sport f**k off to the horse racing or the Paralympics (no offence intended to Paralympians.) 

Motherwell FC a bit like Princess Diana. Neither of them showed up today.
It's like you wanted to do an edgy Deid Diana joke but just couldn't be arsed thinking one up. Must do better.

Fine end to the season. Not as consistent as last year but another treble. Will be interesting to see how long Gerrard lasts..think Halloween at best. As for the treatment of Tierney yesterday ..absolutely brutal. Kicked up and down the park .

Archived